JC PG Sampler, need input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2mitts

Jul 16, 2010
arizona
Background:
When i first ordered my 901, I did what seems to be the standard operation by ordering a Marlboro flavor. It was PG and was not great, but not overly awful. After slipping back to analogues for nearly 6 months i made a commitment to find some better juices and give up cigarettes for good. It's been over a month now and things have been going really well thanks to my enjoyment of the Red Oak Line of VG juices from JC and finding this amazing forum! Besides the previous Marlboro juices i have not vaped other pg products.

Details:
Because of my success with the VG line (Red Oak) I decided to try JC's standard PG sampler and wow, this stuff is waaay different. All of these flavors seem to have this weird after taste and general odor that is far from pleasing. My other PG juice (only one I've tried) does not have this. If you were to put the PG next to the VG version of the same flavor you would have zero problem distinguishing them apart (thinking about Tenesse Cured). The VG seems to be pure flavor where as the pg seems to have something else going on.

Questions:
So, is this normal for Johnson Creek's non VG line up? Did i get a funky batch? Would be great to hear from those that have tried or use both the VG and PG versions of JC line up.

Sorry for the long post, but i figured more info. the better. :)

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
Normal I do believe.. JC original seems to be a little milder than the Red oak.. Red oak is definetely stronger in flavor but, both regular and red oak has the same smoky tobacco base that you mentioned smelled/tasted weird.. Some flavors (both samplers) just happen to have a stronger base taste to them than others do but, it does seem to calm down some if you let it sit for a few days.. Personally I though the JC originals that I did try had less of a base taste to them than the red oak ones I tried but, given the base flavor was a shock to my tastebuds I probably wasn't tasting things well afterwards so who knows lol..

Definetely a great supplier for those that liked flavored cigarettes or cigars before they started vaping though IMO..

2mitts

Jul 16, 2010
arizona
Thanks for the reply! Is funny that you thought the Red Oak line had MORE of a base taste! lol, I think just the opposite . . . just goes to show how each of us are different. :) All I know is if i had tried the PG version first i would not be a fan of their products. Guess I'm lucky I tried the VG first (i have the entire line and love it). I've started cutting my VG down 50% with Glycerin, maybe I'll give that a shot with the PG line up and see what happens . . . hate to waste an entire sampler pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread