Status
Not open for further replies.

wyzardd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Broomfield, CO
wyzardd.com
Have you ever stood in the April wood and called the new year in?
While the phantoms of three thousand years fly as the dead leaves spin?
There's a snap in the grass behind your feet and a tap upon your shoulder.
And the thin wind crawls along your neck it's just the old gods getting older.
And the kestral drops like a fall of shot and the red cloud hanging high
come a Beltane.​

:confused:.....did i threadkill? :(

Edit: no I guess i just
hijack.gif

for a bit.. :p

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I agree Nuck I still try to find the 70's stations on the radio. My favorite Jethro Tull album was Songs From The Woods.

Ditto on Songs From the Woods

Had tickets to a show in 1975, traded em' for something that required combustion to be fully appreciated. Show would have been MUCH better.
finally caught Tull in 80 and again in 96.

All time fave, Locomotive Breath

And the all time winner....has got him by the balls!

Satire

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2008
Texas
LOL yea I love Alan Parsons and of course the floyd and such, when I heard them I was shocked that no one had told me about them before. By the way Alan Parsons recently made a sweet little nugget with David Gilmour and Simon Posford, it's wonderful, three masters of music together... Think it is called return to tunguska or something similar, should be easy to find.

Smokingfreely

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Arlington, TX
www.smokefreely.biz
Man, I saw that post and thought - "Wow, wonder if Ian Anderson's got got himself an e-cig - maybe an E-flute....hmm." You ever heard any interviews with him - he's a hoot - it's like Frasier Crane sitting at an AC/DC concert. The interview I heard, he started talking about John Bonham pissing in the Ice Machine, and in the snide I-shall-sip-my-tea-without-tipping-my-glass-now tone of voice, called it "moderately amusing.... I suppose."

stevej2k

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Virginia
Probably no one following this thread anymore, but I just saw it and had to comment.
Ian Anderson has a gourmet Salmon farm that is very successful.

Aqualung has been my favorite album since it came out. Martin Barre's solo in the song Aqualung is IMHO one of the best in the history of Rock.
I saw Tull in concert every year from 72 until 83 when I just couldn't take the venue they always played in D.C. anymore. One of my most prized possessions is a photo I took of Ian Anderson on stage about 7 feet from my seat. (they used to let people take photos at concerts with no flash in the 70s). I took 3 rolls of film at 2 of their concerts before they banned cameras at concerts.
My license plates are AQALUNG and I just last week got my Aqualung chuck. That's what I think of Jethro Tull. :D

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Funny to stumble upon this thread.

I'm one of those souls who wore out two vinyl copies of Aqualung.. and then proceeded to wear out three copies of Thick as a Brick. I've seen Tull in concert numerous times, and have been fortunate enough to catch Ian a couple of times recently on his "Ian Anderson plays the songs of Jethro Tull" tours. He is still simply amazing and wildly entertaining.

One of my prized possessions is a signed, numbered, gold pressing of Aqualung.... which hangs proudly on the wall in my bar.

The early shapings and crafting of my outlook on religion were based largely on my interpretation of Aqualung. And to this day:

"The old Rocker wore his hair too long,
wore his trouser cuffs too tight....."

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Holy Year Old Thread Resurrection, Batman!

I saw Tull the first time in 1973 and as recently as 5 years ago. The concert started with Ian assuming 'the (fluted) position' on a dark stage illuminated by one spotlight. They played for an hour or so before Ian addressed the crowd, welcoming us to the arena and delivered this pearl;

"We're going to do something from our latest album... <pause> ... the one we released in 1983..." LOL

My two (then near adult) daughters, both accomplished flutists, knowing my affection for anything Jethro Tull related, took ME to the concert. (talk about role reversal) In the parking lot, hours before the concert they serenaded the early arrivals with tunes like; "Bouree" and "Teacher" that was just mesmerizing. I *knew* those tutoring sessions would pay off one day. <g>

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
The early shapings and crafting of my outlook on religion were based largely on my interpretation of Aqualung. And to this day:

Wow. I thought I was the only one.

When I was young and they packed me off to school,
They taught me how not to play the game.

I didn't mind if the groomed me for success,
or if they said that I was just a fool.

I left there in the morning,
with their God tucked underneath my arm,
their half-assed smiles and the book of rules.

So, I asked this God a question and by way of firm reply,
he said I'm not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays...

(okay, that's the abridged version LOL)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
"People -- what have you done --
locked Him in His golden cage.
Made Him bend to your religion --
Him resurrected from the grave.
He is the god of nothing --
if that's all that you can see.