Johnson Creek Vea - refilling cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodrama

Jul 1, 2013
NC
I got the Vea a few days ago and am not liking it at all. I got the 2.0 cartos and I'm having trouble refilling them. After I filled them for the second time the cartos would not work for a day. I had to let them dry out some and then they worked though the vapor was not very good. The third time was even worse. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I'm using Halo juice in them as well as Johnson Creek. I've been filling them until the wadding is soaked at the top and tyring to be careful not to get any juice in the center. I can use Johnson Creek juice just fine in my Halo 808s but I'm wondering if Halo juice is too thick for the Vea. The Halo 808s are easy by comparison...just fill and use...no issues at all. I'd assumed that a 510 system would be comparable or slightly better. Is it me? Is it the Vea cartos? Are other 510 systems better?

Any advice is appreciated.

Confusednoobie

Jun 9, 2013
NM
I got the Vea a few days ago and am not liking it at all. I got the 2.0 cartos and I'm having trouble refilling them. After I filled them for the second time the cartos would not work for a day. I had to let them dry out some and then they worked though the vapor was not very good. The third time was even worse. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I'm using Halo juice in them as well as Johnson Creek. I've been filling them until the wadding is soaked at the top and tyring to be careful not to get any juice in the center. I can use Johnson Creek Juice just fine in my Halo 808s but I'm wondering if Halo juice is too thick for the Vea. The Halo 808s are easy by comparison...just fill and use...no issues at all. I'd assumed that a 510 system would be comparable or slightly better. Is it me? Is it the Vea cartos? Are other 510 systems better?

Any advice is appreciated.
I am still new to vaping and I too went with a VEA. Tried GS first and it was perfect- good flavors and I liked the cigarette size and the fact that I could get pre filled cartomizers in zero nicotine, but I had a bad reaction to the PG that peaked on day 4 so I sent it back and tried the VEA. I have been using it for 3 weeks now with the VG juices in zero nicotine. I am with you- I like the VEA, but the cartomizers really suck. Mine came with the 3.0, but I am having the same problem. The initial fill is just fine. I am really careful in refilling and I know I am not overfilling- I am using a 1 ml syringe with needle and adding only 0.1 to 0.2ml at a time while rotating the cartomizer. I never get any in the air hole. Even when the refill only takes 0.3ml to 0.7 ml, the cartomizers will leak- not immediately- I blow through them after every aliquot added. But the next day- after letting the cartomizer sit overnight. The battery gurgles and no vapor is produced and when I take the cartomizer off and blow through it, now, 24 hours later some fluid leaks out. AND- the flavors degrade to a nasty taste even on the first refill. So I have found that I can fill it one time only and get decent flavor and results. That makes it really expensive.

nodrama

Jul 1, 2013
NC
I am still new to vaping and I too went with a VEA. Tried GS first and it was perfect- good flavors and I liked the cigarette size and the fact that I could get pre filled cartomizers in zero nicotine, but I had a bad reaction to the PG that peaked on day 4 so I sent it back and tried the VEA. I have been using it for 3 weeks now with the VG juices in zero nicotine. I am with you- I like the VEA, but the cartomizers really suck. Mine came with the 3.0, but I am having the same problem. The initial fill is just fine. I am really careful in refilling and I know I am not overfilling- I am using a 1 ml syringe with needle and adding only 0.1 to 0.2ml at a time while rotating the cartomizer. I never get any in the air hole. Even when the refill only takes 0.3ml to 0.7 ml, the cartomizers will leak- not immediately- I blow through them after every aliquot added. But the next day- after letting the cartomizer sit overnight. The battery gurgles and no vapor is produced and when I take the cartomizer off and blow through it, now, 24 hours later some fluid leaks out. AND- the flavors degrade to a nasty taste even on the first refill. So I have found that I can fill it one time only and get decent flavor and results. That makes it really expensive.

Thanks for the reply! I gave up and sent it back (they were very nice). Got the Halo Triton system instead and it is *much* better. Yeah, JC really needs to work on their cartomizers. I tried them with just JC juice and it was a good bit better but still had problems after the third refill. It couldn't handle Halo juice at all...just didn't seem to do well with it from the first fill. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's a JC issue or with the 510s. I've used 808s before this and never had a problem like that. Anyway, got the Triton today. Doesn't look quite as nice as the Vea, IMO, but, wow, it performs so well...fill and vape...no messing around. I suspect JC will sort out the problems at some point...the Vea is so well thought out otherwise. Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread