Johnson Creek Vea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake_in_Iowa

May 20, 2012
Iowa
Hello!
I have been smoke free for over 30 days now. Right or wrong, I purchased a Johnson Creek Vea about 3 weeks ago, and have had reasonably good luck. My question to you all is where can I get cartos for the battery that I have. Johnson Creek continues to be out of stock on the blank ones, and the filled ones get to be kind of expensive. I am thinking of cleaning my cartos by boiling so i can change flavor. They do offer a 60 day money back guarantee, if someone has a suggestion on a better unit, I am definitely interested. I do like my Vea, just don't care for the lack of cartos.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, it is sincerely appreciated.....

Jake:banana:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
They didn't come up with the Vea so you could go straying from the farm. The came up with it to sell more of their juice and their filled cartos. Shame on you for your disloyalty.

I'm assuming it's an ego/510 thread and will take a 510 cartomizer you can get anywhere. But, I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Best thing for you to do is get a box of 510 cartomizers. If they fit, you're fine. If they don't, then you have some proprietary nonsense that you should return while you still have time.

The Vea is a glorified eGo, optimized for a specific carto and juice and surrounded by a thick layer of marketing gobbeldeegook that sounds good on paper but means little. If you want an eGo, get an eGo. If you want something better and less expensive than an eGo, and something that won't trap you into one source for the consumables it was designed for, then get a kGo.

Jamiedegno

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
Akron
I returned my Vea and got a Vtube from Apollo. There was nothing wrong with the Vea batteries (except the overblown battery life claims), their cartos were just awful and I felt better to return the whole unit and start over.

They do take a 510 carto, but I wanted to be able to try tanks and more sophisticated juice delivery with VV so I went with the Vtube (by sailorman's recommendation....thanks sailorman!).

SheldonV

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
United States
I thought about ordering the Vea, because I love the juice from JC, they all really have a great flavor, Summer Peach is my all time fav from them.

I didn't order because I already have a few eGo type batteries and I really want Variable Voltage, so I went with the Stainless Steel vTube. I did have an issue, but I was able to send it back for a replacement. I'm still waiting for that.

There are a ton, and I mean a ton, of 510 options from 1.2ohm low resistance cartomizers to huge 6ml tanks, but they are right. Check and make sure the Vea can take the larger tanks before you order, if not you can jist buy an adapter for the Vea to have them fit.

Happy Vaping and congrats on 30 days vape free (well, 48 days by now)!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
You can fit a tank sytem on a Vea, no?

No and yes.
An eGo-C top will fit on the Vea and fire but the gasket for the cone won't let it draw. It could probably be modded to work.
If you remove the Vea cone a 510 carto/tank combo should work.
If any tankomizer style actually uses the eGo cone threads that probably would not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread