The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

journeyman box mod

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by ericscott, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ericscott

ericscott Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Grove city ohio
    I have to say this thing is the number 1 mod so far i had iv had the feedish mod from inhaler and i have the wet box as far as bottom feed mods this is the best to me i like the way the buttom is and the lip to catch the juice so u get every last drop dont wast any u dont realize how lomg 6ml will last untill u get this mod i can get 3 days and 2days with the 18650 so 4 just craping this and going out u dont have to worry about any thing extra to crap i think i will have to get the VV ali if i can they sell out in mins thanks RR man...:)

2. banjo

banjo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2010
    Rio Oso, CA
    Thanks for taking the time to post. I have all of the bottom feed mods except for this one - they are hard to get.

3. Kempton

Kempton Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
    Canada
    Love mine, 4 months no trubs.

4. Goldenkobold

Goldenkobold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2010
    Florida
    I asked this on another ali'i thread but...
    is there a reason box mods do not need vent holes? Is it due to the extra space in the battery cavity?

5. Shel

Shel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Los Angeles
    The fear of a battery exploding, inside a mod, it based on a mod which is air tight, and would therefore cause the, say, metal box to explode, possibly sending metal shards flying!

These mods are hand built. The doors (on the Ali'i, there are two wood doors, one for the battery, one for the juice bottle) would come off in case of a battery exploding. There are also gaps between the doors, if you look VERY close, and there is a gap where the cut-out is for the on/off switch.

Again, one mod (for example) is metal, and sealed air tight. The other is wood, with doors held on by magnet, and with gaps due to the hand built nature.

A metal tube mod, with no vent holes, in the case of a battery exploding, would act as a bomb acts.. sending metal flying!

Two entirely different beasts... no worries about needing vent holes in these.

6. Goldenkobold

Goldenkobold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks Shel,
    I figured that was the reason none of the box mods (and certainly wood box mods) I have seen had vent holes.

Now if I could only find an ali'i for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.