journeyman box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericscott

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Grove city ohio
I have to say this thing is the number 1 mod so far i had iv had the feedish mod from inhaler and i have the wet box as far as bottom feed mods this is the best to me i like the way the buttom is and the lip to catch the juice so u get every last drop dont wast any u dont realize how lomg 6ml will last untill u get this mod i can get 3 days and 2days with the 18650 so 4 just craping this and going out u dont have to worry about any thing extra to crap i think i will have to get the VV ali if i can they sell out in mins thanks RR man...:)

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I asked this on another ali'i thread but...
is there a reason box mods do not need vent holes? Is it due to the extra space in the battery cavity?

The fear of a battery exploding, inside a mod, it based on a mod which is air tight, and would therefore cause the, say, metal box to explode, possibly sending metal shards flying!

These mods are hand built. The doors (on the Ali'i, there are two wood doors, one for the battery, one for the juice bottle) would come off in case of a battery exploding. There are also gaps between the doors, if you look VERY close, and there is a gap where the cut-out is for the on/off switch.

Again, one mod (for example) is metal, and sealed air tight. The other is wood, with doors held on by magnet, and with gaps due to the hand built nature.

A metal tube mod, with no vent holes, in the case of a battery exploding, would act as a bomb acts.. sending metal flying!

Two entirely different beasts... no worries about needing vent holes in these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread