The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Joye 510-T Help (Cartridge Problems)

Discussion in 'Tank Issues' started by Lex0r, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lex0r

Lex0r Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    Los Angeles
    (I originally posted this in the Joye 510 specific forum, but I fear that not many people will be reading it. Hopefully it's not a problem to re-post it here).

Hey everyone, I hope a fellow Joye 510-T user can help me out with a problem I am having with the tanks.

I have been using my 510-T for about a week now, and recently I have noticed that when I vape, some of the juice is making its way into the part of the cartridge where it's not supposed to go (the part where only air and/or vapor should pass through). This is the internal part of the cartridge that is just outside the area where you drip the juice in.

I have been reusing them after cleaning with water and air-drying. None of the cartridges appear to be damaged.

I have been using two different atomizers, both which I blow through on occasion to remove any juice build-up.

I am using Johnson Creek PG juices.

I have some new atomizers and tanks coming in soon, so I will try a brand new combo, but I don't feel like I should be experiencing this juice problem after only a week's use.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. KeysBum

KeysBum Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2011
    Florida Keys, USA
  3. Lex0r

Jan 23, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Hey Keys, yeah I was thinking that I might eventually give up the tank system...what would you suggest?

4. KeysBum

May 2, 2011
    Florida Keys, USA
  5. Lex0r

Jan 23, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Thanks man I'll give it a shot!

6. KeysBum

May 2, 2011
    Florida Keys, USA
    You won't look back at the ego tanks.

EDIT: I just read your post again. 2.0 is too low of a resistance to use with the little 510's.
    Get a bigger battery while you are at it.

7. Lex0r

Jan 23, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I was actually wondering about that - but, as far as the batteries go, I have 4 of them, and don't vape that often, so I usually just rotate them out as needed rather than spend more money. I think I'll keep these batteries, which means that I need a Boge 510 (standard resistance, since my batteries are 220mAh) cartomizer. correct? Thanks in advance.

8. KeysBum

May 2, 2011
    Florida Keys, USA
    Yes. If/when you get to the point that you want more, a bigger battery and 2.0 will have you wondering why you ever used itty bitty batteries.

9. Lex0r

Jan 23, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I might end up doing that. I'm using a pass-through at my desk, which is great. Just to clarify, I do NOT want the 510 LR cartos, right? i don't want to order the wrong parts. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it a lot because I am still learning.

10. Lex0r

Jan 23, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Never mind, I got it. Thanks again, looking forward to trying the Boge cartos

11. gvegastiger

gvegastiger Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I use the 510-T and I have the same thing happening to me, but it doesn't really bother me. I think it is just condensation forming on the side of the wall and not actually leakage. I'm a light vaper so it is not a big deal to me. I only fill the tank every day and a half or so, so I'm not concerned that some of the juice is condensing in the tank. I'm also still using the same tank that I started with 3 weeks ago, so it'll probably be a while before I have to purchase new tanks/atomizer's or go with the cartos.

I haven't tried carto's yet bc I figure if I'm going to go teh carto router I probably just need to pony up and get a bigger battery and some LR ones. No sense in wasting money on what will just be another step to a better setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.