Joye 510T new atty won't draw at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modapa

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Ohio/California
I've been using the Joye 510 for a long time and so far haven't found anything better to replace it with. Occasionally though, I can't get a draw at all...nothing, nada, zilch. The battery is new, the atty is new and I can hear the atty heating up so I think all is well there. I am using the tips that don't require batting. When I remove the tip, I can blow through it from the mouthpiece but not from the other end that goes into the atty. Any ideas? This has happened more than once. I've changed the mouthpiece already and that didn't work. I also cleaned out every hole I could find with a toothpick but nothing helped.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Even a good name atty can be DOA. Did it work at least once since you got it?

Try to test OHMs and airflow upon receipt so that you can return under the DOA rule.
    Or try to sweet talk the supplier some :)

I have gotten cartomisers like that and was able to shove some stuff back up in it that was coming down around the outside of the center post and blocking the 2 airholes inside the threads.

Reactions: Lori2014

Modapa

ECF Veteran
    Sep 22, 2009
    Ohio/California
    Even a good name atty can be DOA. Did it work at least once since you got it?

Try to test OHMs and airflow upon receipt so that you can return under the DOA rule.
    Or try to sweet talk the supplier some :)

I have gotten cartomisers like that and was able to shove some stuff back up in it that was coming down around the outside of the center post and blocking the 2 airholes inside the threads.

Yeah, it looks like something was blocked but darned if I could find it. I don't carry an OHM meter around with me so I can't do that but I got another one out and put it in and so far that one is working...I hate wasting money though. I buy these things as soon as I start to get low and try to keep them stockpiled for a rainy day so if one doesn't work, I'm out of luck. I did try poking through the airholes in the threads but that didn't seem to help. Anyway, problem solved for the time being. I was just hoping there would be some trick to it so that I hadn't already tried that would keep this from happening again. Thanks for the info though...;)

Reactions: r77r7r

Visus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Woot another 510t vaper:toast:

Fasttech has great 510t atomizers and batts they have a sale @ 7bucks to purchase 2 units its unbeatable.
    They are not joye but they are just as good if not better..

On the sales page you have to click "add offer to cart" if you click the ad it will take you to its home page and its 14 bucks..
    Clearance Sale: FastTech
    located in middle of page

the atomizers I use for at least two or three weeks sometimes longer cause I forget which is used lol they are awesome.. $1.71
    $1.71 EGO 510-T Electronic Cigarettes Flat Mouth Atomizer with Refill - black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

May save ya a few bucks, add to your gear, and make happy lol..

*Some of the atomizers won't have a tank cap on them, it happens often, but no worry, just use one from one that does..
    They put out more vapor and flavor than the joye IMO, no they do lol.. Batts last almost ~8 hours if chain vaping..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread