Performance Comparison: Joye eRoll vs Joye 510T vs Joye eCab vs Joye eGo-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
If anyone has tried all these products or at least more than one, then can you please compare them based on Vapor Production (VP), Throat Hit (TH) and Flavor (F).

Please rate them based on 10 point scale (eg. eRoll - VP 6/10, TH 7/10, F 5/10). Assume the same NIC juice is being used obviously, and that all products are being used out of box. No upgrades.

Please compare at least two different products. The comparison in performance is what I am really looking to understand. I don't really want to discuss any other features (battery life, cartridge size, form, ease of use, price, value, etc.) or tradeoffs here otherwise.

I've been told that out of box the Joye eRoll and Joye 510T have the same performance. I wonder if that is really true.

Thank you kindly.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I'm not great at rating these things, but I can give you just a bit of basic info. The eroll uses an ego-c atomizer instead of a 510 or a 510t atomizer. If you have any experience with using the ego-c system, it is the same. The eRoll and the ego c use the same atomizer and similar tanks. The eRoll is regulated at 3.7 volts so it can give more vapor than a regulated ego or a 510 battery, but my ego c battery in unregulated mode seems to perform the same as the eRoll. Flavor and throat hit seem the same to me on all devices, but that is different for every user.

Last edited:

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I'm not great at rating these things, but I can give you just a bit of basic info. The eroll uses an ego-c atomizer instead of a 510 or a 510t atomizer. If you have any experience with using the ego-c system, it is the same. The eRoll and the ego c use the same atomizer and similar tanks. The eRoll is regulated at 3.7 volts so it can give more vapor than a regulated ego or a 510 battery, but my ego c battery in unregulated mode seems to perform the same as the eRoll. Flavor and throat hit seem the same to me on all devices, but that is different for every user.

Thank you for your reply. I really cant afford to buy all 4 models and compare, or even two. I will have to buy one. I really do like the cig like feel to the eroll.

Out of curiousity, have you actually tried both the eRoll and the 510/510T? or is your comparison based on the technical specs (ie. the ego-c atomizer and regulated voltage at 3.7)

Thank you so much again! Your help is appreciated.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
The 510 was my first setup. I used it for almost three months. The eRoll is much better in many ways. I have also used the ego c system. It is about the same as the eRoll, and also much better than the 510. I never used a 510t atomizer with my 510 kit, only regular 510 atomizers (I quickly decided to move to dripping rather than the carts). From my research, the 510t was not much of an improvement.

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
The 510 was my first setup. I used it for almost three months. The eRoll is much better in many ways. I have also used the ego c system. It is about the same as the eRoll, and also much better than the 510. I never used a 510t atomizer with my 510 kit, only regular 510 atomizers (I quickly decided to move to dripping rather than the carts). From my research, the 510t was not much of an improvement.

Thank You. From your experience, it sounds like the the eRoll and Ego-C have about the same performance, and both are considerably superior to a 510/510T.

I got to try an eRoll for a few minutes today. It had great vapor. But I still wanted more throat hit.

Do you know what factors contribute to throat hit? From what I read its nicotine content and voltage. Is there more to it? Are you satisfied with the throat hit your getting on your eRoll?

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
The eCab also uses the eGo-C atomizer heads. I've never used it myself.

I have used the 510T atomizers, and I've also used other atomizers with carts. The tank system is a vast improvement over the cart system in my opinion, though it still has issues. Mostly to do with over-wicking and flooding the atomizer. Unless my memory is shot, the eGo-C won PBusardo's tank shoot-out or at least was in the top 3.

I would go with the eRoll myself, only because I prefer automatics. But I'd say leave out the 510T and choose among the other 3 based on your preferences. Remember there is an adapter to use 510 equipment with the eCab, so the only truly proprietary device is the eRoll which can only use eGo-C heads and eRoll tanks.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
The eRoll gives me enough throat hit. But maybe not as much as some people like. It gives the same throat hit as the ego c, but the ego gives you the option of switching to lots of other delivery systems, since it has 510 threading. So if the ego c atty and tank setup wasn't giving you enough throat hit, you could switch to using something else, like a tank or another atty, etc. You don't have the same flexibility with the eRoll. I love my eRoll, but if you already know you want more throat hit, you may want to look at other options. You could also try different juice or higher nic.

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
The eRoll gives me enough throat hit. But maybe not as much as some people like. It gives the same throat hit as the ego c, but the ego gives you the option of switching to lots of other delivery systems, since it has 510 threading. So if the ego c atty and tank setup wasn't giving you enough throat hit, you could switch to using something else, like a tank or another atty, etc. You don't have the same flexibility with the eRoll. I love my eRoll, but if you already know you want more throat hit, you may want to look at other options. You could also try different juice or higher nic.

i tried the eRoll only for a few minutes. but i just realized it was low nic juice. like 7 mg. maybe i should try it again with 18mg. that should make a reasonable difference, how much im not sure. but from what ive read recently, nic level is the highest contributor to throat hit.

thanks for your feedback!

otherwise have you tried a LR atomizer on your eRoll? does that improve the throat hit?

Last edited:

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
The eCab also uses the eGo-C atomizer heads. I've never used it myself.

I have used the 510T atomizers, and I've also used other atomizers with carts. The tank system is a vast improvement over the cart system in my opinion, though it still has issues. Mostly to do with over-wicking and flooding the atomizer. Unless my memory is shot, the eGo-C won PBusardo's tank shoot-out or at least was in the top 3.

I would go with the eRoll myself, only because I prefer automatics. But I'd say leave out the 510T and choose among the other 3 based on your preferences. Remember there is an adapter to use 510 equipment with the eCab, so the only truly proprietary device is the eRoll which can only use eGo-C heads and eRoll tanks.

thanks i have ruled out the 510T. and your right, i just checked, ego-c did win the shootout.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have tried the 510-t and the eGo-T.

The 510 and 510-t are quite different. I never liked the 510. It had plenty of TH, but no flavor. It was too harsh for me. The 510-t used with the tank needs to be fiddled with to keep the juice flowing at the right rate. I may eventually get around to trying to make sure the airflow is better so that I can use the tanks. But, for the last year I've just been using the 510-t atties to drip. It's about the same flavor and TH as a 306, but a lot less trouble to use.

The eRoll, eCab, and eGo-C are essentially all the same thing. The only difference is the battery and the size of the tank.

I really like the eGo-T except that it could use a little more power sometimes, depending on the juice. It does have really good flavor, but is just a tiny bit light on the TH. Until I tried it on a Twist!. That changed everything. So, I've just bought an eGo-C body and heads to try.

I chose to try the eGo-C instead of the eRoll or eCab because it was the least risky. I know I'll like it already, maybe on my regular fixed voltage eGos and for sure on my Twists.

If it's good enough on fixed voltage, I'll probably buy an eCab for out and about since they use the same heads.

I'm not so sure about the eRoll though. I don't really care for auto batteries. They're too delicate and don't provide the same performance as manuals. The only way I might try the eRoll is if I like the eGo-C heads on fixed voltage. Then I might just for fun since I already have the heads for it anyway. But, probably not

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
High res would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? And, who said anything about pumping the voltage all the way? About 3.9 should be more than sufficient for a SR eGo-t or eGo-C.

The eGo-T already has great flavor. It just doesn't have quite enough TH for later in the day as I need more. All it's lacking is a tiny bit more voltage.

I never could find out what SR means with an eGo-T. If it's 2.5, than the eGo-C shouldn't even need the extra voltage because a SR eGo-C head is 2.2 ohms.

Ok. I'm pulling out my eGo-C heads right now. Let me test this thing. Then I can let you know if the eGo-C is any better than an eGo-T or just the same. I'll get back with you later today, maybe tonight after work and let you know.

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
High res would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? And, who said anything about pumping the voltage all the way? About 3.9 should be more than sufficient for a SR eGo-t or eGo-C.

Ok. I'm pulling out my eGo-C heads right now. Let me test this thing. Then I can let you know if the eGo-C is any better than an eGo-T or just the same. I'll get back with you later today, maybe tonight after work and let you know.

Thank you! I said high res, because I was reading that you cant use low res with high voltage. And if you go with a really high voltage setting, you need higher res atomizer/cartomizer to actually pump out the high voltage and make it work.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Wow! I've only been using it for a few minutes, and I can already tell that the eGo-C is better than the eGo-T. Of course, my eGo-T atties are 2 years old. Maybe they were just ready to retire anyway.

The eGo-C is great! And, I'm just using my 2 year old fixed voltage 900 mah eGo battery, not my Twist.

OK. Let me get back with you tonight after work. By then I might be getting disappointed or something. Who knows?

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
I just got my ecab, and I have the eroll. Put the same juice in each for a test.

The Throat hit is better with the ecab. It just has more umpf to it. I like the tank better on ecab. It has a silicone tip on it that ensures a tight seal to atomizer. The ecab also has a silicone gasket on the inside of the cone to seal the cone to the battery. The eroll needs both of these.

Where the eroll excels is the size and the auto battery. There is nothing like hands free operation. If I had to choose between the two I would have to say the eroll. Yes the TH is a little better on the ecab, but the small form, out weigh all the ecabs added features.

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Wow! I've only been using it for a few minutes, and I can already tell that the eGo-C is better than the eGo-T. Of course, my eGo-T atties are 2 years old. Maybe they were just ready to retire anyway.

The eGo-C is great! And, I'm just using my 2 year old fixed voltage 900 mah eGo battery, not my Twist.

OK. Let me get back with you tonight after work. By then I might be getting disappointed or something. Who knows?

Nice! How did you find your ego-C with your twist?

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I just got my ecab, and I have the eroll. Put the same juice in each for a test.

The Throat hit is better with the ecab. It just has more umpf to it. I like the tank better on ecab. It has a silicone tip on it that ensures a tight seal to atomizer. The ecab also has a silicone gasket on the inside of the cone to seal the cone to the battery. The eroll needs both of these.

Where the eroll excels is the size and the auto battery. There is nothing like hands free operation. If I had to choose between the two I would have to say the eroll. Yes the TH is a little better on the ecab, but the small form, out weigh all the ecabs added features.

Thanks for the comparison! Helpful!

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I was wondering about this, isn't the ecab 3.3v versus 3.7 on the enroll. I have an ego c and feel like the eroll hits harder?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread