Joye EGO-T 18650 MOD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I am considering this for my next purchase. However, I am not a fan of 3.7v vaping even with LR cartos and such. I know many 18650 mods can handle 2x 18350 or 2x CR2/15270 batteries for 7.4v or 6v vaping. Can this one handle the same? I know the batteries will likely fit, but is the switch capable of handling this?

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA
I assume if they work just like an ego then they can handle an ego booster? I run my standard ego batteries somewhere 4.1v - 4.3v with the booster.

I bought one of theese thinking the same thing... unfortunately the booster didn't work like on a regular ego. I'm using a ultrafire xsl 2600mah 18650 in mine and the booster works when the battery is freashly charged... but only for a hit or two. Also wont vape past 4v... any hire and the button on the mod blinks and shuts down. My thought is you will need a high drain battery to use the booster but still no telling if the button cn handle the 4amps needed to use the ego booster. I don't have any high drain batts so I can't test it out. I've seen some people running a aw imr battery with a dual coil carto and it seems the button cap last for a week or two before it breaks. Again not sure how many amps the head cn take without testin it or getting info from joyetech... but they haven't answered my email about this as of yet.

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
They are designed like the ego battery basically. With the added protection of the circuitry in the control unit, the fact they will only use one battery, and in the event of a failure the bottom cap is designed to blow off. I will see what i can get from joye on why they decided not to put any vents on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread