Joyetech Cuboid Lite with Exceed D22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, in this review i take a look at the Cuboid Lite with Exceed D22 Kit by joyetech. The kit was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from joyetech.

CUBOID Lite with EXCEED D22 - Joyetech

In the Box

Contents:

1 x CUBOID Lite
1 x Exceed D22 Atomizer(2ml)
1 x EX 0.5ohm DL. Head
1 x EX 1.2ohm MTL. Head
1 x Extended Vent Pipe
1 x Spare Glass Tube(3.5ml)
1 x QC USB Cable
2 x Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Warning Card
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

On opening the box the top section reveals a very small rectangular device with very shiny black front surface which houses a large 1.45" screen. Below the screen is a bar which acts as your + and - which is also black. Taking the top section out you find all the extras which of course includes the 2ml Exceed D22 tank with pre-installed MTL coil. You also recieve a 3.5ml glass, extension pipe, DL coil, USB cable, Spare o-rings and all the usual documentation. The device it'self is very small yet as a large screen and fire bar, with it's rounded off edges you immediately know this device will be perfect to carry about with you disappearing comfortably in the hand. The back of the device matches the front with the same black shiny surface, at the top of this surface is written "CUBOID LITE" and the bottom the Joyetech logo. The rest of the device including fire bar is the colour of choice, i received the silver one but there's some very vibrant colours available (all come with matching tank). The top of the device you have a built in spring loaded 510, then the spine and bottom of the device are plain apart from the bottom as all the expected safety stamps and generous venting holes. The device is very well built and as no rattles.

Exceed D22 Specs:

Size: 22(D)*41.60mm(H)
Colors: silver, black, red, yellow, purple
Weight: 37g
Coil: NiCr
E-liquid capacity: 2ml (can be changed to 3.5ml with the spare glass tube)
Applicable heads: EX series heads

Exceed D22 Overview

The Exceed D22 is what i would describe as a starter tank but a good one, with me only finding 2 issues with it. The first is when using it as a DL tank with the large airflow it is on the noisy side and the second issue is unless you have the section with your fill slots tight on the glass and your top-cap not tightened too much sometimes when you're taking the top-cap off to fill, the fill slot section also comes off with it (the threading isn't the greatest). I have the sample version so maybe the threading is better on the retail version but i can only review what i have (if you don't over tighten the top-cap it isn't an issue). The airflow is designed to make it a true MTL and low wattage DL tank (ideal for someone new to vaping). It has is a single airflow that can be altered from a cyclops style to a series of small holes and can be reduced down to a single hole. The pre-installed 1.2 MTL is rated at 8w - 14w with a best at 12w which is exactly what i used it at, and the coil and tank passed the test fine it was a good MTL vape with decent flavour. The 0.5 DL coil supplied is rated at 20w - 35w with a best of 28w, i used this coil at 30w. This vape was very noisy but i think it's down to the design of the tank with single cyclops rather than the coil it'self, however the vape itself was very smooth with very good flavour. It's a very simple tank and even extending it to 3.5ml is easy enough, just screw the small extension section onto the underside of the fill slot section and change for the larger glass, job done. As you probably have already realised from what i've already wrote in this section it's a top-fill system, unscrew the top-cap and fill via one of the two filling slots.

Cuboid Lite Specs:

Size: 26mm (W)*41mm (L)*67mm (H)
Colors: silver, black, red, yellow, purple
Weight: 143g
Battery capacity: 3000mAh
Display: 1.45 inch TFT color screen
Output range: 1-80W
Output modes: Power/Bypass/Temp(Ni, Ti, SS)/TCR(M1, M2, M3)
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for Temp/TCR mode, 0.1-3.5ohm for Power/Bypass mode
Temperature control: 100-315°C/200-600°F
Depth of 510 pins applicable: 4.0-5.5mm
Max charging current: 2.0A
Max output current: 30A
Max output voltage: 9V

Using The Cuboid Lite

The Cuboid lite has the standard 5 clicks on and off which seems to be the norm with most devices. Pressing the +,- bar on the right side is + and pressing it on the left side is -. There are many features on the cuboid Lite which makes it great for a starter (these features will become apparent during this section), but also has all the features to meet any vapers needs as long as you don't vape at high wattages, the supplied tank might be for starters but this device is packed with features to suit all kind of vapers. 3 clicks of the fire button allows you to use the + to go through the different modes which includes temp control. In any mode you can use the - to move between the various things that can be altered, then when the selected item is flashing use the + to alter to your preferred setting (very simple). Pressing the fire and + together takes you to an extra menu which includes pre-heat, screen timeout, a nicotine intake calculator and a great feature where you can set your max wattage for resistance so you won't accidentally fry your coils. The power limit feature you can set on or off but i think it's great innovation, it works like this:

Example:

0.10ohm - 0.45ohm - 80w
0.46ohm - 0.95ohm - 35w
0.96ohm - 3.50ohm - 14w

These wattage values can be adjusted to meet your needs. Using the above example if you have a 0.8 coil and you fire by mistake at 60w the device doesn't fire but comes up with a warning message then alters the wattage to a safe value, ideal for a starter who's not sure what ohm the coil is, or for everyone in case the wattage has been altered by accident. Another feature of this device is it recognises what type of wire the coil is so if someone try's to fire for example a Kanthal coil in temp control the device automatically alters to power mode. While the device is on fire and - together sets stealth mode and the - and + together flips the screen. The final feature's are found while the device is turned off. While off the fire and the - together shows the battery status and finally the fire and the + together takes you to your TCR settings. When the device hasn't been used for a while the screen shows a clock which can be set to analogue or digital, these settings can be found in the metioned menu which includes the power limit.

Performance

The Cuboid Lite performed very well and fire's straight away. This little device is packed with features and is a joy to use. The fire bar is nice and responsive and as mentioned feels great in the hand. Despite coming with a 22mm tank the device will take up to a 25mm one. The 3000mAh battery gives great battery life and is compatible with 2A quick charging (it also has overheat protection while charging).

Pros

Portable
Packed with features
Power limit
MTL or DL
Nice Colour Screen
Clock Screen Saver
Temp Control
Good battery life
A Good starter kit
Mod not just for starters
Very well built
Supports 2A charging
Firmware up-gradeable

Cons

Top threading not great on tank
Tank noisy when using for DL
Not for high wattage vapers
Internal batteries not liked by some

Conclusion

A great starter kit with tank provided, but the device separately is a feature packed little gem which as long as you don't mind internal batteries and vape at low to mid wattages i'm sure most people would enjoy using.

I would once again like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the Cuboid Lite with Exceed D22 Kit for review.

CUBOID Lite with EXCEED D22 - Joyetech

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Thank you for taking your time out to do this review! I have been using the D22 Tank and while it' n my normal style of vaping, it provided pretty good flavor. It is certainly a huge improvement to the coils that we saw coming out with earlier starter kits. Appreciate your work!
Yes it's a good versatile tank as long as people don't wan't to vape at high wattage's and unlike a few tanks that claim they are MTL and DL the D22 actually achieves MTL and low wattage DL admirably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread