JoyeTech eGo Starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
I bought the joyetech Ego starter kit (Comes with two full Egos) at VaporKing. I saw some cheaper kits out there but they usually didn't come with two full Egos. Vaporking has a great selection of accessories which is why I bought there.

The Starter Kit Came with:
(2) joyetech 510 matte black atomizer
(2) JoyeTech eGo cone (atomizer cover)
(2) JoyeTech eGo 650mAh rechargeable pushbutton batteries
(5) Pre-filled sample cartridges in high strength 24mg Red & White flavor
(1) 110VAC to USB wall adapter
(1) USB 420mAh output quick charger
(1) Soft black carrying pouch
(1) JoyeTech eGo instruction manual
I also got a drip tip and other stuff. But this review is mainly about the Ego Starter kit (ummm ,and dripping).

Initial Use:
Once I had the bats charged I had the first Ego vaping within about a minute. I had watched some videos on youtube about Egos and vaping so I only glanced at the instructions. It was very easy!
The pre-filled carts don't have much taste but provided nice vapor and throat hit. Once I used up what was in the cart it was super easy to pull the cart off and refill by just dripping into it until it was full. The second ego I de-bridged/de-wicked (youtube videos show you how. It is easy.) and put on the drip tip. I already had a bunch of E-juice so i started dripping. I figured it was a good way to try all the different flavors. So, start-up was instant, easy and a no-brainer.

Dripping:
The dripper seems to give more of a stronger/pure flavor than the one I left standard. If you overfill a dripper it wont get enough air and you will get a nasty harsh hit with less vapor. It is hard to get right sometimes.This is probably due to my dripping ability than anything else. The standard gives more consistent vapor. But you still have to constantly fill it up because it doesn't hold that much (.5 -.7 ml ) After a few days of dripping I noticed I was getting a lot of vapor, but little taste on my dripper. I think this was because the atty was gummed up with oily residue and just needed to be cleaned. This seemed to happen less with a higher PG e-juice rather than VG.
I think I will be moving away from dripping. It is too time consuming., always fiddling with the damn thing. Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip. I have a Mega cartomizer I am going to try today and I'll probably be buying a T-tank system. I want to enjoy vaping and fiddle with it all less.

Performance:
An Ego is nothing more than a 510 with a big battery. The parts are interchangeable with a 510. It surprises me that I seem to get more vapor and better TH with the Ego than with a 510. Perhaps it's all in my head because the Ego just looks larger (fatter) than a 510. (The 510 performs fantastic also!) My standard Ego is still vaping along after a week with no degradation in vapor or TH.

Leaking:
I haven't had a problem with any kind of leaking. Of course, I have the manual batteries so I wouldn't expect a problem. Sometimes, if you use a drip tip you may get some juice on the tip and then on your lips, nasty! I tend to remove the tip to drip because of this. And if you overfill a standard Ego then it can leak at the atty/cart junction. The cone cover that comes with these units are cosmetic only. If you have over filled your cart then it can leak, a lot, and you wont notice because the cone covers the atty/cart junction. I just leave off the cone so I can see any leakage. You learn quickly to fill carts carefully so these things aren't much of an issue.

Batteries:
I vape a lot (still coming down off analogs. It's been 6 days, 16 hours, and 21 minutes). I only have to charge about once a day or every other day. But i really don't use just one all day. I have 2x Ego, 2x 510 and I vape with all of them. But I will say that the 510 bats need a charge much more often than the large Ego bats. Even though the Ego bats last a very long time, I am still thinking about a 1000mAh Ego bat and adding a T-tank system (You know I'll have to!)

Note on aesthetics:
The ego is a nice looking e-cig. But it doesn't look much like an analog. I use my white 510 for going out and about so as not to draw attention. I'm almost scared to let strangers see me vaping on an Ego lest they think I'm smoking crack in public. LOL. I really don't want to have to explain anything to people at work either, most don't even know I smoke/vape. I use my Ego at home, in my car, at the house of friends or family. But if I'm in a public smoking area I pull out my white 510. Just saying, it's something to think about.

Recommendation:
I have had no problems with either Ego. They have performed admirably. Great vapor and TH, long bat life, and easy maintenance. I highly recommend them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread