Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
So my Wismec Presa just crapped out on me today. Was vaping on it and suddenly I smelled something weird and couldn't figure out what it was. Smelled like something burning. I looked around and eventually I went back to my vape and it wasn't working. I thought maybe it needed to be charged and it wouldn't, then I checked the batteries and they were fine, so pretty sure the mod just failed. I want to get another smallish mod that has TC and just saw the Evic Basic. Fits in the palm of your hand but uses a built in battery. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this mod!

64mFDY0.jpg

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I have a Cuboid mini and a couple of Nuggets but love the looks of this mod. It's the same size as an Artery Vapor Nugget but with 50% more battery, TCR, and I love that freakin' clock!

Not really interested in the tank though, looks cute but from the sound of it it is just another spit fest like the Cuboid mini tank. They should've paired it up with a mini Ultimo (Ultimo light?) instead, great little tank with awesome coils.

Still love the mod, I'll take a silver one please :)

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Actually, I have wanted the Pico for a while but I went through my phases and such and wanted something super small and now I'm stuck wondering if I want something slightly larger with more battery life. Thing is, I'm a fairly light and low wattage vaper, so I could make do with a smaller mod around the house and going out and usually have access to charging so battery life isn't really an issue. Both devices are fairly small but the Pico is a bit bigger, but I'll have better battery life as well. Hm... I dunno. I could get a Pico for $30 since I already have some 1860 batteries but I really just like the tiny-ness of the Evic Basic. I guess I will have to think about this for a moment since I need a replacement soon. It's funny, I've spent tons of money over the years on vaping stuff and this one mod breaks and I'm like OMG wtf do I do?!! I've had bad luck with my devices lately... 4 devices ruined/gone in the past 4 months! 2 were dropped into a pool and ruined, another lost when I was drunk, and another one just fizzles out today. On the other hand, this is ONLY device I've had actually stop working, everything else, I've lost or ruined on my own.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
That IS a run of pretty bad luck! I hope this turns out to be a good mod, and I'm sure it'll soon be available w/o an atty being included. A while back I got burned on a smok treebox (only does TC reliably using Ni wire) so I have had to re-avow to only buy equipment after it's been out long enough to be reviewed by people I trust.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I have one of these...it's nice. Cute, and does the job for going out for the night if it's for low wattage vaping. The battery is about what you'd expect, which is eh. If you're wanting to pair something with a MTL lung tank, it's pretty cool. But for high wattage vaping, it just wouldn't last very long.

I wish the edges were rounded more, but it's a good form factor overall. No issues or anything so far, just a nice little mod. I haven't used the tank, since I saw a bad youtube review on it...and although I love Joytech mods, their tank/coils are always dissapointing.

So my biggest gripe- is that they make you buy both as a pair. But if you're willing to toss the tank to the side like I did and swallow the bigger price, then I'd say go for it. I got it at myvaporstore, but I'm seeing it a few others this week now too.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
You can buy the mod separately as well, or soon at least.

I agree with you on those coils though, never got them to work properly in the Cuboid mini tank neither.

They have a new tank though. It is called the Ultimo and comes with a clapton as well as a ceramic coil, and there's an optional RBA deck for it as well. A proper RBA this time, not like those fiddly little coils they had before. It is pretty good I must say, I think they have a kit with the VTwo that includes this tank now as well. Wrong color but here it is on a Cuboid mini:

28989366291_3fbf0c887e_b.jpg

Pay no attention to my freakishly long dripttip please, that one is on me.

Reactions: drysprocket

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I have one of these...it's nice.

Hi @drysprocket ...yesterday received the Evic Basic I ordered from MFS...

2 Questions...

1.) What is the "Screen Protection Time"? (The Manual shows how to set it...but not what it is.)

2.) The Manual says (under "How to set the time"): "The Evic Basic has two ways of time displaying: Dial Display and Numerical Display for your preference." But it doesn't show how to choose the Display you want?

Joyetech Evic Basic 40w TC Box Mod

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi @drysprocket ...yesterday received the Evic Basic I ordered from MFS...

2 Questions...

1.) What is the "Screen Protection Time"? (The Manual shows how to set it...but not what it is.)

2.) The Manual says (under "How to set the time"): "The Evic Basic has two ways of time displaying: Dial Display and Numerical Display for your preference." But it doesn't show how to choose the Display you want?

Joyetech Evic Basic 40w TC Box Mod

Sorry I'm no help. I've actually barely used it since I got it. It's nice to take out and about, but I'm finding that the power lacking. For instance, vaping at 14W on it vs 14W on the pico is pretty noticeable. I'm not sure what's up, but I'm finding myself going back to the pico, or even the Istick 30 instead :/

So ya, haven't really played with the settings. I would imagine if you watch some youtube videos, they'll show how to change that.

Reactions: gerrymi

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Sorry I'm no help. I've actually barely used it since I got it. It's nice to take out and about, but I'm finding that the power lacking. For instance, vaping at 14W on it vs 14W on the pico is pretty noticeable. I'm not sure what's up, but I'm finding myself going back to the pico, or even the Istick 30 instead :/

Hey drys...do you think your eVic Basic could be defective?

For me...a MTL Tootle Puffer...with eGo ONE Mega V2 Tanks/CLR 1.0Ω coils on both...I can notice NO differences at 11Watts between my eVic Basic and Pico...

(except, of course, the Evic Basic is considerably more comfortable to hold)...

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hey drys...do you think your eVic Basic could be defective?

For me...a MTL Tootle Puffer...with eGo ONE Mega V2 Tanks/CLR 1.0Ω coils on both...I can notice NO differences at 11Watts between my eVic Basic and Pico...

(except, of course, the Evic Basic is considerably more comfortable to hold)...

Ya, good point. Very possible. I'll do some more testing on it and see what's up. I do like the little guy aside from that.

Reactions: gerrymi

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
I'm finding that the power lacking. For instance, vaping at 14W on it vs 14W on the pico is pretty noticeable.
Have you checked whether both mods show the same resistance reading? I can't speak for the Basic, but my VTC Mini is reading the resistance about 10% higher than my Pico. A wrong resistance reading might subsequently lead to either a wrong output voltage or incorrect wattage display.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Have you checked whether both mods show the same resistance reading? I can't speak for the Basic, but my VTC Mini is reading the resistance about 10% higher than my Pico. A wrong resistance reading might subsequently lead to either a wrong output voltage or incorrect wattage display.

Well, I feel pretty dumb...good call. Yeah, it reads a totally different resistance, I'm sure that's it now. Mystery solved I think, ignore my above post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread