Joyetech Magic Atopack: wet hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazling

Jun 4, 2019
Hi all! I've been quite happy with my new Atopack device for taste-testing different juices -- just drip some juice on the cotton, let it soak, try it out for a few puffs, then throw the cotton away and start a new flavour. It seems to pass the flavour through accurately -- tastes better than some other low cost mods I have tried.

OTOH, when used in "normal mode" (i.e. actually filling the tank) it does a weird thing that I guess I'm too n00b to understand. After maybe 4 drags, it starts doing one of two things: 1) it spits hot e-juice at me, which is disconcerting and can be rather painful, and 2) no vapour, it suddenly isn't putting out any vapour at all. Sometimes it does spitting and then quits, sometimes it spits and produces no vapour, sometimes it just quits without spitting.

I'm puzzled too that it seems to run rather cool despite having a big battery pack. Other more conventional units like the EVOD Mega or my trusty old VAIO (I forget the model name but it's similar to the current Pro) get really hot and the vapor has a pleasant warmth to it. Despite some crackling and sizzling, the Magic Atopack doesn't seem to get properly hot. Yet when it spits, ohboy is that liquid hot. Kind of bewildering.

Googling around suggested that the spitting hot liquid thing is mostly due to overfilling, but I can see (transparent tank) that I have not overfilled. So I remain puzzled. This device is grand for about 4 puffs, but after that it seems to get cranky and has to sit for an hour or more before it recovers. Which is a bummer when I've finally found a flavour I like :)

The only other thing I don't like about it is that once you get any real amount of liquid into the tank (not just dripping on the cotton but filling the tank/mouthpiece unit) you can never get it back out; so if after longer consideration you are disappointed in the flavour, Oh Well, that tank's ruined. If anyone knows how to get the juice back out and wash the tank out, I'd like to be able to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread