Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Interesting to find a sorta pod system from them with a fairly large battery. With the mtl coil it might be a nice stealth device, especially for traveling with the large capacity and 2A charging.
I was thinking it would be good for traveling, too! I wonder if it's as leak-proof as it looks. I really like the shape.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I got the Penguin today! So far I am really very impressed with this little mod. It has a great hand feel and the finish is incredible. The paint feels like powder coat. It's matte, so nice and grippy. I put the .25 ohm coil in it because I am a DTL vaper and WOW. This thing chucks clouds!! Was not expecting that! I juiced up the all-ceramic coil by wetting it from both sides of the coil, which is, indeed, vertical. After I primed it I filled the HUGE juice tank and popped the coil in and let it sit for around 5 minutes or so with a max VG juice in it. The booklet says that "less VG equals more flavor" but I got great flavor right off the bat. No break in time whatsoever. I don't know if the .6 ohm coil performs better with higher PG but the .25 seems to do just fine that way. After I vaped on it a while I did add some VG-based juice I had (accidental mis-order a few months ago, lol) and mixed it into the max VG and now the clouds are almost TOO big! The device itself came with almost a full charge on it so I am vaping on it until it goes dead and then I will fully charge it to see how long it lasts on a charge. I will report back with my findings. Until then, here are a few (cough) pics of the Penguin.

Attachments

• penguin.PNG
    penguin.PNG
    412.4 KB · Views: 378
  • penguin2.PNG
    penguin2.PNG
    260.5 KB · Views: 370
  • penguin3.PNG
    penguin3.PNG
    277.9 KB · Views: 372
  • penguin4.PNG
    penguin4.PNG
    168.5 KB · Views: 371
  • penguin5.PNG
    penguin5.PNG
    181.1 KB · Views: 368
  • penguin7.PNG
    penguin7.PNG
    271.2 KB · Views: 362
  • penguin8.PNG
    penguin8.PNG
    297.9 KB · Views: 368
  • penguin9.PNG
    penguin9.PNG
    235.1 KB · Views: 361
  • penguin10.PNG
    penguin10.PNG
    179.2 KB · Views: 356

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Interested to see how you're getting along with the penguin. Main concerns are, does it leak, and how much juice can you get through a coil head before it needs replacing.
My 2¢,
I got one for the wife. She uses 10mg/ml 40%PG and the .6Ω coil is perfect for her.
Condensation and spillage from filling are the only liquid issues she has had.
The battery last all day and the 8ml tank needs refilling about every day and a half.
The housing of the coil is ceramic, but inside is a standard coil and wick.
Wife is on day 14 with the .6Ω coil and unless I find a source for replacements, I'm going to have to tear the .25Ω apart and recoil it at .6Ω-.7Ω with SS316.
Well worth the 32€ investment.
I saw a 5 pack of coils from Joye/USA but $20 for the coils and $25.00 shipping to Spain is offensive.

Cheers
I

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I am really digging this little thing! I haven't had any leakage with it but I burned out the .25 ohm coil a little bit ago so I am using the .6 ohm until I get my replacement .25 coils from vaporl.com. They were $6.11 for a 5-pack but they were on pre-order when I placed my order. Order says "processing" now so hopefully they either got them in or are getting them soon! I am doing okay with the MTL coil but I love the .25 ohm one. I did thin out my juice a little for this setup. Thankfully I had some max PG juice I ordered on accident because my max VG juice was a little too much. The coil performs much better when the juice is a little thinner.

My battery lasts all day, too. I just top off the tank when I put it on the charger. The reason my first coil burnt out was because I charged the mod and took a big ol hit...on a dry tank, lol. Using the mix I am using now (about 65/35) I get just over a tank of juice out of a charge. I am really impressed with this mod. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do! It's so portable, and the finish is outstanding. Not a nick in it and I take it everywhere!

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I am really digging this little thing! I haven't had any leakage with it but I burned out the .25 ohm coil a little bit ago so I am using the .6 ohm until I get my replacement .25 coils from vaporl.com. They were $6.11 for a 5-pack but they were on pre-order when I placed my order. Order says "processing" now so hopefully they either got them in or are getting them soon! I am doing okay with the MTL coil but I love the .25 ohm one. I did thin out my juice a little for this setup. Thankfully I had some max PG juice I ordered on accident because my max VG juice was a little too much. The coil performs much better when the juice is a little thinner.

My battery lasts all day, too. I just top off the tank when I put it on the charger. The reason my first coil burnt out was because I charged the mod and took a big ol hit...on a dry tank, lol. Using the mix I am using now (about 65/35) I get just over a tank of juice out of a charge. I am really impressed with this mod. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do! It's so portable, and the finish is outstanding. Not a nick in it and I take it everywhere!
Have you ever ordered from them before? Are they dependable? I'm a bit concerned about ordering from China.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I haven't had more problems buying vape gear from China than from the US (if you don't factor in shipping time). All this stuff is made in China anyway; there's no difference between the stuff sold in the US and the stuff bought from China. The Chinese sellers take paypal - which is a plus.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Got this little thing about 2 weeks ago.. nice mod, descent battery life, awesome tank/pod capacity, but the coils... Eh....

The .6 seems to have better flavor, but is too tight of a draw for me for the most part..

The .25 has a great draw , but as with the .6, they are very flavorless coils..

I have 3 juices that are very very flavorful, as well as more than likely have alot of sweetener, that I can barely even recognize in this pod..

If I could get alot of flavor out of it, it could possibly be my go to, all day setup, but a very blah, dry, vape after being on a cleito 120, BBB, or even the smok spiral tank, for the past 6 months isn't doing it for me

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I too love my Penguin. I started with the .6 coil with a coffee flavor. It's not bad flovorwise. When I got an extra cartridge, I tried the .2 coil in it with a Blueberry juice. Wow! Very flavorful! I read somewhere that fruit flavors do better with this system. I will be curious on how long the coils last (how many mls through them) before they are done? I also love how lightweight the Penguin is. It's great for my arthritic wrists.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Well , to give a bit more info, after seeing what jingles wrote. It depends on what kind of vape person you are.. I'm used to 60-160 watt sub ohm tanks and trying to get into rta's , where flavor is much higher than a pod system or a 10 watt tank others may be used to. ( Jingles :) )

I have used a 50/50 tobacco ( five pawns, black note ) as well as a 65vg/35pg very flavorful raspberry / blueberry and honestly. Don't get much of anything

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Admittedly, I have been a MTL 12-15W vaper for most of my vaping journey, almost 6 years now. Within the past few months, I have branched out into subohm higher watt tanks and DL vaping. The max I have gone is 50W's though so far. I still say Blueberry Muffin from The Sauce LA is very flavorful in my Penguin. I think it's a high VG juice also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread