ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
What?
7228bbe17cfc3a6920347d566e8100f3.jpg

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-RFC-RDA.html
There's not a lot of info available, yet (not even listed on joyetech's site yet), but this appears to be another stab at a coilless system.

As a builder, I'd typically ignore this. Lately, though, I've been seeing some innovation in coils... This has me intrigued...

One question at the front: is it squonkable?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
What?
There's not a lot of info available, yet (not even listed on joyetech's site yet), but this appears to be another stab at a coilless system.

Is a coilless system the same as a system with a flat/disk coil? They make it seem like they invented something new by changing the shape of something.

Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Is a coilless system the same as a system with a flat/disk coil? They make it seem like they invented something new by changing the shape of something.
Maybe... From the pic (and the name) this will be dual. I've not seen that yet. And if it's squonkable and good, it might be a serious game changer for the Squonk market... Might bring squonking (and dripping) into reach for many that are unable or unwilling to build.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What?
7228bbe17cfc3a6920347d566e8100f3.jpg

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-RFC-RDA.html
There's not a lot of info available, yet (not even listed on Joyetech's site yet), but this appears to be another stab at a coilless system.

As a builder, I'd typically ignore this. Lately, though, I've been seeing some innovation in coils... This has me intrigued...

One question at the front: is it squonkable?

I Really Think we will get to Coil-Less Atomizers.

Not sure If this one is going to be the One that breaks into the Mainstream or not? Or if it will be another Stepping Stone along the way?

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
what concerns me about this, it doesn't show any wicking. will this be like that ceramic chip atty that you put a wad of cotton on and then clipped it down? or will it be more like the "vaping donuts" faceplant? also, how long will the little plates last? this could be a true game changer, or a colossal flop.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
what concerns me about this, it doesn't show any wicking. will this be like that ceramic chip atty that you put a wad of cotton on and then clipped it down? or will it be more like the "vaping donuts" faceplant? also, how long will the little plates last? this could be a true game changer, or a colossal flop.

There's a video on YouTube from Joyetech that illustrates the wicking... Apparently, a piece of cotton is placed between the plates.

I have no clue how long they'll last... Though I do seem to remember reading a number somewhere and thinking if be impressed if the actual life was half what it advertised.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
Huh, ill be dipped, Vaporl has a better pic of the deck, including a picture of it wicked. Turns out its not a dripper either, but a tank!

joyetech_rfc_riftcore_rda_4_.jpg

::snip::Joyetech RFC Riftcore Duo RDA Tank Atomizer is a new concept RDA Tank, with innovative coilless building deck design with easy operation. The Joyetech RFC heating elements feature a rectangle-chip design with several venting holes and made from special metallic materials to offer vapers best e juice flavors. Joyetech RFC RDA supports self cleaning to protect your RDA from damage and offer you long lasting awesome flavors. Riftcore Duo RDA approves 1 million puffs lifespan. Honeycomb drip tips with fashion design and bottom airflow for large vapors.::/snip::

Doesn't give the materials for the plates, and though if it is tungsten, how does that effect flavor? im ok with SS, KA1, and TI1, but dislike NiCr and NI200.

• Informative

KGie

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Tampa, FL USA
As you scroll down through Joyetech's website page for this product, you will get to a copy of what is presumably the Material Safety Data Sheet for the heating plates. Don't know where it was filed, and since it's only the first page, you don't even see the material that it's the MSDS for. If anyone knows how to look up and decipher those, it clearly should indicate the material it's reporting on.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As you scroll down through Joyetech's website page for this product, you will get to a copy of what is presumably the Material Safety Data Sheet for the heating plates. Don't know where it was filed, and since it's only the first page, you don't even see the material that it's the MSDS for. If anyone knows how to look up and decipher those, it clearly should indicate the material it's reporting on.

The MSDS link Doesn't seem to work for Me.

If you can see the Full MSDS, please post it. Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread