Joyetech vs Unicig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.. I currently have a 777 e-cigs starter kit that I have been using for the past 2 months or so. I was happy at first, but now it seems like the batteries aren't lasting as long as they used to, and I have never really gotten descent vape from them. So, I have decided to go with an eGo or eGo-c type "B" starter kit.

First: what kit do you guys recommend? I prefer the eGo-c type "B". I prefer tanks, and these hold 2ml. I have heard about leaking issues from the tanks the more you use the same one. That isn't an issue with the regular eGo kit. The bad thing I heard about the eGo kit is that you have to keep putting liquid into the carts every 1-2 hours as they dry up quick from use, meaning having to carry around e-juice with you all the time.

The thing I like about both kits, is that no matter which one you purchase you can easily convert it to the other by buying the accessories.

Second: Has anyone ever dealt with or purchased a product manufactured by Unicig?? They make tins of e-cig items, including batteries and kits. Unicig makes their version of both the eGo and eGo-c type "B" kits. Both kits are identical to the joyetech kits (same specs, same amount of included accessories) but happen to be roughly $30 less and are offered in many more colors than joyetech.

So, should I get the generic Unicig kit or the brand name Joyetech kit? I am looking into purchasing 2 kits (wife & me) to replace/supplement our 777.e-cigs couples kit.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
IMO, this is the best starter kit available... DV eGo-T Starter Kit - 1100mah ...and its ONLY $45 and U get everything U need except the juice....

2 ego C 1100 a batterys (always gotta have a spare battery and these will last ya a year each)
2 rebuildable CE5 clearomizers (for $2 replacement wicks/heaters U can rebuild these in 10 seconds and use for another month)...1.6 ML size
1 carrying case
1 USB cable charger
1 AC wall charger

I have bought a bunch of these for friends and myself and all were super and did what was needed a, except for buying some liquid from your favorite liquid site or shop...and these batteries will take any size type tanks/clearomizers (T3's 3.0 ML) etc so just need to fill it once a day..the CE5's last me all day with 1 fill..no need to always refill all day..and I was a 2 pack a day analog smoker...so I use an average amount of eliquid a day...

Last edited:

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
1. I think you are confusing cartomizers with clearomizers/tanks. I've not used the actual eGo/atomizer/cartridge kind of setup that Joyetech put out a few years ago. Most people start out with eGo batteries and then just use an EVOD/Protank/Vivi nova/etc... Cartomizers are a pain to use because of the problems you mentioned. Most clearomizers hold 1.6-3.5 ml of liquid, so users aren't having to fiddle with it every little bit. I don't think actually setting up the eGo with the atomizer/ type b cartridge would be bad. It just isn't as convienent as normal clearomizers/tanks. Carto's are a pain to use while you're out, but a good clearomizer should suffice. You shouldnt have to bring any juice out with you.

2. Because e-cigs are such new technology, there aren't really many regulations. With that, there are many fly-by-night companies copying the same design and selling it cheaper. Most hardware is manufactured in China, so the quality of a lot of products leaves something to be desired. Joyetech is pretty good and that is why their products are usually more expensive. It is a risk to buy cheaper stuff by a less reputable company. You might end up with a decent battery or you might wind up with a dud. You just have to decide if you want reliability or want to gamble on it for a lower price. I would say that you should probably stick with a more reputable company like Joyetech or Vision for your battery. Then maybe get something like a clearomizer from Unicig. That way if it doesn't work, you can just use another one.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Joye eGo-T Type B?

Whoah, where did that come from. I can't think of an e-cig I'd prefer less. Absolutely terrible. and expensive.

unicig make all kinds of "clone/copy/redesigned" devices, most of which are probably OK (or good), I do know one vendor that really rates their version of the vivi nova.

The two are a different prospect altogether. Joyetech are a good brand, they sell good kit, but they have backed themselves into a corner with the whole "tank+atomizer" system. It's outdated and the re-sellers are almost embarrassed to still be selling it. Seriously.

What can I tell you? If you go into a Joyetech ONLY store in the UK, nobody (yes, that's nobody, ZERO) is using the "tank" system. They will be vaping on a joyetech battery (evic, variVolt, vape-pro etc) and using a tornado, or RCS, or Nova type of atomizer.

If this is the last post I ever make on the forum, I implore you, please don't tie yourself into the atomizer and tank system.

Joye eGo-T Type B?

Whoah, where did that come from. I can't think of an e-cig I'd prefer less. Absolutely terrible. and expensive.

Sorry, its was a typo... I meant to say the Joyetech Ego-c Type "B" starter kit. lol Sorry for the confusion.

also, I hear what everyone is saying about using a clearomizer (I actual use a min-clearomizer with the 777 batteries I have). I am looking into the ego-c type b model because I like the overall "size" of the unit. Its much more compact than the other kits I have seen that use an ego battery w/ a clearomizer. If I wanted an ego battery/clearomizer setup I would have just gone with the Halo Triton or Apollo ego setups (the Apollo I can get for cheap w/ coupon) and both are very reputable companies. Also, the type b ego-c system holds 2ml of liquid and is still more compact than using a clearo that holds 2ml. I appreciate everyone's advice though.

I have heard nothing but good things about the joyetech systems (smoken joey gave the regular ego system a thumbs up). If re-sellers are embarrassed to still be selling/carrying them, they why do most of them have them priced HIGHER than a store like zeecigs that specializes in joyetech only products? To me, if a re-seller doesn't want to sell something anymore, than they would usually resort to a "fire sale" and sell off what remaining product they have on the cheap. lol but that's just from what I have seen other businesses do. Besides, who actually takes what people do in the UK seriously anyways?? lol (not bashing your post by any means dude, so don't take it like that, I see what you are sating).

Joyetech just released all new updated ego-c kits for 2013. I assume that is it wasn't a hot seller, that they wouldn't have bothered and resorted to a new type system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread