Joyteck Magic Atopak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I saw this one, and even posted a link for someone looking for a high capacity tank pod. This is huge for a pod, but I have to admit, I really like the idea of being able to replace wicking mat'l. Doesn't look like the most leak free design, but would like to see others incorporate the "coil" and wicking concept.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I saw that too. I am not into pods but that one is pretty cool. Nice size pod capacity -largest I have seen. From what I read a pod can last up to 3 months with just changing the cotton. And the pods are not very expensive. I do not want to get into nic salts but something like this should go over well.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Couldn't resist it got one coming in on a slow boat from China.

Intrigued by the Cotton over Mesh screen Coil also I like a cool vape and the reviewers said the vape is cooler.

The only thing I don't like is that it's made out Of Zinc Alloy so it's going to be heavy. Sigh...

Size looks good, I have the Atopack Dolphin Se this looks to be a lot smaller.

BTW I couldn't find any in the U.S and bought mine at Vapesourcing.com They have a 12% off coupon VS2019 but charge $5.00 for shipping. The shipping is 7-14 day air and is the fastest shipping at reasonable price that I found. In the end to my door with 12% Coupon cost me $26.32

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
I'm intrigued by this device due to its flat mesh coil and replaceable wick, but wondering if it's not going to end up being a gimmick in the end.
Being able to replace the cotton easily is all fine and good, but what is the point if you can't clean/dry burn the coil as well? In all of my RTA's, when it's time to re-wick the coil definitely needs to be cleaned as well.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Well, I bought 2 of them as I am a pod junkie and might have a problem...LOL

First impressions of them are mostly positive. The battery life is good, no issues with that yet (only had for 2 days). I like the fact it has consistent wattage throughout the battery cycle. Puts out a good amount of vapor. It feels like a quality product and is a very solid device.

A few cons however. First would be the hit feels a little on the light side. Might be because it is a cooler vape. If I chain vape it, it does get warmer though so maybe a primer puff would get a warmer vape. Another would be there is no air flow control.

Right now I like this device and feel it is good. I also feel it could be great if they had adjustable wattage. I say that as I would like to turn it up a notch or two and would sacrifice some battery life for a little more powerful vape. I also would like to control the air flow (I say that on many of these pods though). It's a big enough device to not be stuck with a one size fits all type of draw. Just my :2c:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Is it a loose MTL/restricted DL vape? ISTR a reviewer describing it that way, but it may have been something else.
It's a little on the loose end of a MTL. Not overly loose; very similar draw to the Nord with the 1.4 ohm coil. A little on the loud side from the air channel as well. Tried a restricted DL and not very satisfying to me.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
It's a little on the loose end of a MTL. Not overly loose; very similar draw to the Nord with the 1.4 ohm coil. A little on the loud side from the air channel as well. Tried a restricted DL and not very satisfying to me.
how the size compare with smok nord ?
now think of getting pod as my my current stealth pods a bit old.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
how the size compare with smok nord ?
now think of getting pod as my my current stealth pods a bit old.
It's about a half inch wider and taller than the Nord. Weighs 107.5 grams compared to 78.33 for the Nord (both filled with eliquid). It's the trade off for added battery and juice capacity.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
It's about a half inch wider and taller than the Nord. Weighs 107.5 grams compared to 78.33 for the Nord (both filled with eliquid). It's the trade off for added battery and juice capacity.
thanks, still can't decide atopack or nord, mostly use this to replace my squonk when outdoor ...

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I like both devices but will say, the Nord gives a more powerful vape while the Atopack gives a cooler vape. BTW, I use 1.4ohm coil with the Nord.
i'm more toward atopack due to rewick cause of some Bad experience with other pods (i vape slight sweet juice), but nord size and performance seem like better choice.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
i'm more toward atopack due to rewick cause of some Bad experience with other pods (i vape slight sweet juice), but nord size and performance seem like better choice.
If you vape at more of a higher wattage DTL style when squonking, the Nord would probably fit your style better. The .6 coil is a sub ohm coil and does exactly what it is intended to do; provide a satisfying DTL hit for someone wanting a small device for out and about while getting about the same kind DTL of vape they would get with at home. The 1.4ohm coil which I use is more for the MTL style vaper and still hits pretty hard.

Whereas, if you're a lower wattage MTL vaper and like a cooler vape, the Atopack would not be a bad choice. Both have good battery life (it is less with the Nord if using the .6 coil but still not bad with its 1100 mAh battery).

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
If you vape at more of a higher wattage DTL style when squonking, the Nord would probably fit your style better. The .6 coil is a sub ohm coil and does exactly what it is intended to do; provide a satisfying DTL hit for someone wanting a small device for out and about while getting about the same kind DTL of vape they would get with at home. The 1.4ohm coil which I use is more for the MTL style vaper and still hits pretty hard.

Whereas, if you're a lower wattage MTL vaper and like a cooler vape, the Atopack would not be a bad choice. Both have good battery life (it is less with the Nord if using the .6 coil but still not bad with its 1100 mAh battery).
cause i vape sweet juice, worry i need to change coil every two day.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
cause i vape sweet juice, worry i need to change coil every two day.
In the Nord, I vape a DIY blueberry tobacco with no sweeteners. Have had good luck with the coils but the flavoring is less than 10% of the mix so there is not much there. If you normally have issues with coils, that might also be the case with the Nord.

I will say that changing the cotton in the Atopack is pretty simple. It's a nice feature. Been seeing these for about $24-$25 at a few places so it really shouldn't break the bank to get one. Hope it fits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread