Juice gone black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mactrekr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
Tombstone, Arizona
Weird thing happened. I've got 2 tanks, both setup identically, this morning, when I woke up, the liquid in one of them had turned black. Not entirely, but extremely dark, (can't see through it at all) Originally it was a tastyvapor peach/vanilla blend with 10%VG. Is this something going wrong with the carto? Odd think is, the other tank, filled from the same batch of juice at about the same time is fine, a nice clear amber. I'm going to dump this cart and the black juice, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what might cause this?

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had some KBV Gooey Better Cake do this after about 12 mils on the same carto. I just chalked it up to the flavor sediment mixing in with the fresh liquid instead of gunking up the carto. That juice was darkish to begin with though. It still tasted fine, so I vaped it until I was out of that flavor, tossed the carto, cleaned the tank and started fresh.

I was using a Smoktech Dual Coil Shorty carto in a VPX Cartomator tank if any of that matters.

-AJ

mactrekr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
Tombstone, Arizona
It has happened to me for no odd reason- juice was still tasty and nothing was different at all- and hasn't happened since, so who really knows.

That is the weird thing. The juice didn't taste bad, it just got very dark. I tossed the juice, and did a complete cleaning on the carto. Haven't tried the cart again, but if it does make my juice turn dark again, that one is headed for the circular file system.

mactrekr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
Tombstone, Arizona
Yeah, I'd say it was the juice, but this isn't the first time I've vaped this juice and it didn't happen with the same juice from the same batch in an identical setup. I've got two Buzz classics, both with identical tanks from MadVapes, both set to approximately the same voltage, both using the same make, model and ohm rating carto, one turned black, one didn't. After careful analyses, I've determined that it has to be the cart. (Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. Arthur Conan Doyle)

Thanks for all ya'lls input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread