Juice in Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Hi,

I recently changed to cartos from clearomizers and have found a lot of the thick, heavy flavours I had been using - pchela's, banana maze, some tobaccos etc. - aren't really coming across and tbh are using up the cart at too quick a rate to justify (1 tank of so-so tasting pchela's for a cart is not worth it for me).

I've so far only used Boge single coils (SR & LR) and have some smok dual coils coming this week so maybe they'll make a difference although I don't hear great things about them. I'm happy enough to leave these flavours now tbh. The lighter, fruity ones come across great in my carts and I'm more than happy to trade the other flavours for the nicer vape cartos give me personally.

I haven't tried a vanilla custard yet but got 10mls of the Capella concentrate today I had ordered before. Will this go along the same lines of pchela's etc. does anyone know. Is there a consensus that cartos don't really handle certain flavours well (and if so is there a way around this)? Is a high pg ratio best, or halving the concentrate maybe?
Kind of hoping that somehow vanilla custard breaks the trend:blush:

Thanks

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
There is a learning curve for using cartomizers and an and additional curve for using cartos in a carto tank.

Cartos will provide a lot of flavor regardless of the flavor.

You can use single coil, dual coil, and cartos with different coil placements. Find out what you like best.

Carto filling: There are lots of different ways to fill and prime cartos. I've been using cartos in one way another for over two years. It takes me a little more than five minutes to punch and prime a carto.

-punch the carto as needed (I'm old school and punch cartos with a Siam Mods V2 carto punch)
-wrap Scotch tape around the punched carto holes (a carto condom can work for some: they don't cover all of the holes for me)
-fill the carto with a syringe. The Smok XL cartos I use hold 1.8ml so I put 1.8ml into the syringe. The tip of the needle goes all the way to the base of the carto between the carto inside walls and filler. Slowly depress the syringe plunger while slowly withdrawing the needle soaking all of the filler evenly.
-let the carto sit 5 minutes turning it a couple of times.
-stick a long filling drip tip onto the carto and lightly blow excess juice out of the center bore.
-remove the Scotch tape.
-install the carto into the carto tank and fill the tank.

I use Smok single coil XL cartos 2.0 ohm. I vape anywhere between 6.0 and 7.5 watts. Here is the Smok carto in a IBTanked carto tank. I punch four holes in the cartomizer for use with thick 95% VG juice.

4holespunched.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread