Juice is cloudy and not clearing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a 4oz bottle of my favorite juice (cinnamon fireball from ecblends). It arrived cloudy like milk. I have never received a juice that looks like that. It has been sitting with a twice daily shake for a week and a half now. It looks and smells almost exactly like it did before. The only change is that after sitting a few hours a thin section of good looking juice will separate out and rest on top. It isn't much. Maybe 1/4in of clear juice on top.

It vapes ok and the taste is getting a bit less "raw", but it still looks like milk. Does this juice have a permanent sediment in larger bottles? How long should I wait for it to clear up? Never seen a juice look like that. It leaves a film on my coil too.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I got a 4oz bottle of my favorite juice (cinnamon fireball from ecblends). It arrived cloudy like milk. I have never received a juice that looks like that. It has been sitting with a twice daily shake for a week and a half now. It looks and smells almost exactly like it did before. The only change is that after sitting a few hours a thin section of good looking juice will separate out and rest on top. It isn't much. Maybe 1/4in of clear juice on top.

That sounds like a Classic Example of an Oil Based Flavoring. Which Many Cinnamon Flavorings are.

If your going to use an Oil Based Flavored e-Liquid, which I Don't recommend, then Shake Well before filling.

Oil based flavoring? Why is that not recommended? I read that they blend all their flavors in PG and then mix to order. My other bottles of this juice were not milky at all. Granted, I have only had the small 5-15mil bottles. They all performed exactly like the other juices in my cabinet.

I have since repeated the quick steep process mentioned by customer service a total of six times. It is very slightly better than before but not much. It still looks nothing like my other bottles. I have not tried vaping it again yet.

I just checked the website and it has a new warning down below that talk about this issue. I don't remember seeing that when I ordered. It is not really very clear however. Take a look.

NOTE 1: LIMITED BASE MIXES: The recipe used in the Cinnamon Fireball does not blend very well at lower VG percentages.

(BASE MIX NOTE: The base mix option on Cinnamon Fireball and Fire and Ice are limited to 50% PG / 50% VG to 100%PG. Lower PG amounts have been reported to cause a cloudiness in the E-Liquid)

So, does not blend well at lower VG% but can be cloudy at lower PG%? Typo? So what is the recommended ratio? Come on guys! They say two different things. Don't use low VG cause it wont mix. Don't use low PG cause its cloudy. So what do we use? Another juice is my vote... You are right zoiDman, it does sound like oil.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Another juice is my vote... You are right zoiDman, it does sound like oil.

The reason this Thread Caught my Eye is because when I First Started vaping, I used Cinnamon e-Liquids.

Check out the Date on this Post.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...90330-1st-order-vaperbomb-com-ciina-bomb.html

I don't use Cinnamon e-Liquids anymore. Read too many Posts about Clearos Cracking and Plastic Bottles Degrading from it. I actually still have some Atomic Cinnacide in a Glass Bottle. And it has a Thin Layer of Oil Based, Face Melting, Flavoring Floating on the Top of it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wow, that is an old one. I am really bummed about my beloved cinnamon. I actually upgraded from plastic to glass just to keep it from cracking under the epicness. Nothing comes close to cinnamon so far. I have found several juices I like, several I hate, and several more that I vape on occasion. But I always find myself craving that glorious fire. Is there a vendor you know of that makes good cinnamon juice? I don't care if it is a tank cracker. I would almost vape gasoline if it had cinnamon in it I think. lol

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
I just got the cinna-bomb about a week and a half ago, for my husband, I tried to vape it when I first got it, but it was too harsh for me. It was in a plastic clearomizer, but after noticing the tank was getting cloudy (melting) I got the protank mini just for the cinnabomb, and now I can actually vape it and enjoy it very much...

I got the 30ml 60%vg 40%pg mix at 12mg and it doesn't stay cloudy after shaking, it does go back to clear after sitting for awhile.

I don't mean to keep bumping this thread but I figured you folks would like to hear this to whatever end.

So, I have since separated out a 5ml bottle of this juice and have been experimenting on it. I responded to my ticket and told the rep that the quick steep method they recommended didn't work and they responded with a nice long message telling me that this size bottle takes 5 weeks for the flavor to age correctly. And that because my order was with extra flavor, that alone explained the cloudiness issue. In other words, they claim it is an extra flavor problem and not a oil based problem. But they didn't actually come out and say it wasn't oil based.

I have since taken my little 5ml bottle and ran it through a total of about an hour of heated ultrasonic cleaner time. My machine runs on 8min cycles and has a heating element built in. So about an hour of run time total, half heated and half not, with hand shaking and cool down in between over about 5 days.

During the heated cycle the liquid clears up and looks totally legit. It begins to have small bits of white stuff floating in it and then clears right up. But, once the heat is removed it goes right back to the same milky consistency as before. The flavor continues to separate out while sitting. I am waiting on a new batch of disposable drippers to come in and then I will be able to test the vape. I would already be testing but after gumming up everything I put it in I don't want the hassle of rebuilding after every test. We shall see! If the ultrasonic doesn't save this batch then nothing will.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
For what it's worth, their version of Cinnamon Red Hots is up as a flavor of the week at The Vapor Room. That means it's only $10.00 for a 30 ml bottle.

In addition to that, their Easter specials include a free 6 ml bottle of your choice - there is a coupon code for that.

And ground shipping is only $2.00 during the promotion.

AaaaNNnnnddDDd - if you are a first time customer you would get a free 15 ml bottle of your choice as well.

So you could try out their Cinnamon Red Hots at 30 ml, and 6 ml of something else, and 15 ml of another thing - all for only $12.00 including shipping.

Oh, and every order gets a free 3 ml sample too.

See the sales/free stuff page on their site or the Easter contest page here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/553347-easter-3-free-30mls-give-way-vapor-room.html

I like TVR liquids, but I haven't tried their Cinnamon Red yet so can't give you any input there. But it sounds like that bottle you got there is a dead horse and this is a really good promotion to try some new liquids from a new place really cheap.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

During the heated cycle the liquid clears up and looks totally legit. It begins to have small bits of white stuff floating in it and then clears right up. But, once the heat is removed it goes right back to the same milky consistency as before. The flavor continues to separate out while sitting. ...

I think you will find that the Same thing happens with Oil and Vinegar Salad Dressing.

Or Oil and Water.

Or Oil and Most Things.

For what it's worth, their version of Cinnamon Red Hots is up as a flavor of the week at The Vapor Room. That means it's only $10.00 for a 30 ml bottle.

In addition to that, their Easter specials include a free 6 ml bottle of your choice - there is a coupon code for that.

And ground shipping is only $2.00 during the promotion.

AaaaNNnnnddDDd - if you are a first time customer you would get a free 15 ml bottle of your choice as well.

So you could try out their Cinnamon Red Hots at 30 ml, and 6 ml of something else, and 15 ml of another thing - all for only $12.00 including shipping.

Oh, and every order gets a free 3 ml sample too.

See the sales/free stuff page on their site or the Easter contest page here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/553347-easter-3-free-30mls-give-way-vapor-room.html

I like TVR liquids, but I haven't tried their Cinnamon Red yet so can't give you any input there. But it sounds like that bottle you got there is a dead horse and this is a really good promotion to try some new liquids from a new place really cheap.

Hold UP!!! 54ml of new juice for $12? Are you kidding me? Hold my beer cuz its about to get real....

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hold UP!!! 54ml of new juice for $12? Are you kidding me? Hold my beer cuz its about to get real....

Yeah, it's just one of these special combination's of their usual free sample, their usual free 15 ml for a new customer, happening to hit just the flavor you are looking for as a weekly special, and the Easter promotions all rolled into one. The 1/2 off shipping and the Cinnamon at $10.00 don't need a coupon code to get that pricing, and the free 6 ml uses a coupon code. You can check it, because it will show the $2.00 shipping and you enter the coupon code in your basket before you proceed to checkout.

See the Sales/Free Stuff page on the site about how to get the free 15 ml for a new customer. You put your info for the 15 ml first time customer freebie in the comments box when checking out. Tell them what flavor you want, your nic level and PG/VG ratio in your order comments.

I didn't realize until I added up all the promotions that "all that" should only cost you $12.00 including shipping if you are a first time customer. If you do it, let me know if I got it right. Do note that these Easter deals probably end today at midnight.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
It's the cinnamaldehyde that reacts with the other liquid

Isn't cinnamaldehyde dangerous?

No studies have been done evaluating the effect of cinnamon extracts on cardiomyocyte survival; however, it is known that cinnamaldehyde, the main ingredient in cinnamon flavoring, is heat unstable, and can produce benzaldehyde if heated above 60 °C [25]. Benzaldehyde is classified by the United States Environmental Protection Agency as hazardous and could have had a hazardous effect on the cultured cells in this study [26, 28].

Comparison of the Cytotoxic Potential of Cigarette Smoke and Electronic Cigarette Vapor Extract on Cultured Myocardial Cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread