Juice Losing Flavour After Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAUMANZA

Sep 23, 2015
Hi ECF,
This is my first post. I've been vaping for almost 3 weeks, I use a Joyetech eVic VT with a standard eGo One Mega tank with substituted kanthal coils & a iStick 40W TC with a Subtank Mini.
I have used juices from four different companies including Majestic and Velvet Cloud Vapor, 75VG/25 & 100VG juices respectively.
I've noticed that the flavour when I open the bottles is great, full flavour with all the tasting notes I can sense, HOWEVER after resealing the bottles and letting them sit for a few days I have noticed that the flavour has decreased. I initially thought it was my coils, but I've changed coils and the juice still isn't as potent or flavourful. When I open a new bottle and use it on the same coils I still get great flavour.
I keep my juices in the living room, where they dont get direct sunlight but there is ambient light in the room.

What might be causing the juices to become less flavourful 3-6 days after opening?

Thanks in advance,
James

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I am running the sam set up well evic vt changed my tank though although I do have that same tank. I have not seen any changes from juices that I've had for a week now or longer. I keep my juices in my closet where it is dark and they are sealed. no flavor changes. take into consideration that higher VG in juices = more vapor and less flavor. Flavor I believe comes from PG so more PG is what your looking for if you want flavor not VG. I do have a few blends. one right now I'm vaping is 99% VG ( practically 100% basically ) has very little flavor and lots of vapor production, I have a 50/50 which has better taste and vapor production is decent, then I have 60/40 Pg/Vg flavor is there you can easily taste it but vapor isn't so great ( decent imo ).

I switched to a different tank then the ego one I found it lacking in flavor compared to my current tank which is a aspire triton. btw I am using sub ohm coils ( coils under 1.0 ohms ) mainly 0.4-0.5 tried a 1.90ish coil still could taste that 60/40 juice like nothing. 100Vg you will get practically NO flavor at all as for me I get little/no flavor from my 100 vg juices and 75/25 I would assume the same barely any juice. if you want flavor get PG based juices not VG. cloud chasers go for those high VG juices mainly the 100% vg.

I am not sure if sunlight will do anything for your flavor but if I recall correctly it can break down your nic or something over time. not sure if indirect sunlight will do this but I keep mine in my closet just incase. I do have a juice that is 60/40 vg/pg even that gets very little flavor and by very little I mean it's so flavorless I would consider it no flavor at all. so if anything I would highly assume it's the VG/PG content if anything. I am pretty new 3 weeks in myself this will be my 4th week so might want to wait for others to reply

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hi ECF,
This is my first post. I've been vaping for almost 3 weeks, I use a Joyetech eVic VT with a standard eGo One Mega tank with substituted kanthal coils & a iStick 40W TC with a Subtank Mini.
I have used juices from four different companies including Majestic and Velvet Cloud Vapor, 75VG/25 & 100VG juices respectively.
I've noticed that the flavour when I open the bottles is great, full flavour with all the tasting notes I can sense, HOWEVER after resealing the bottles and letting them sit for a few days I have noticed that the flavour has decreased. I initially thought it was my coils, but I've changed coils and the juice still isn't as potent or flavourful. When I open a new bottle and use it on the same coils I still get great flavour.
I keep my juices in the living room, where they dont get direct sunlight but there is ambient light in the room.

What might be causing the juices to become less flavourful 3-6 days after opening?

Thanks in advance,
James
Sounds like vapers tongue - your taste buds get used to the flavor so the flavor seems to decrease as you vape the same juice. Try not using the same juices for a while, then go back. Search "vapers tongue" in the forum for more info. Also keep your juices in a dark place or at least out of sunlight. Good luck!

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I also had trouble with flavors earlier but what I did was simply close off my air flows ( not fully ) and the more I closed it off the more flavor I got from my juices. of course you need to vape at a lower temp because i'd assume lack of air flow = lack of coil cooling = burnt cotton easily. more air flow = more cooling = cooler vape + more vapor production I believe. with more air flow you can vape on a higher temp which I currently do and I still find the flavor their just not as insane as it would be with the air flow more restricted. if you smoke like I still do because I still have packs remaining I'm trying to get rid of ( was a gift and can't get these in the states ) then you will get lack of flavor basically what david said but I find it if I don't smoke so many in a day I can still taste the juice. what is also surprising is when you use mouth wash after brushing and vape you get a better taste then simply brushing your tongue and no mouth wash.

so I really don't think it is because the juices were out in the open I think it's just your set up just toy with it and I highly suggest if you have the money switch to another tank like I said my aspire triton gives flavor WAY better then the ego one for some reason. I honestly sometimes leave my juices out like you do as well on my desk in indirect sunlight for maybe 2-3 days too lazy to put them away they still vape nice. one factor that could possibly play another roll not totally sure if hits and nic content. I have 3mg juices and 6mg juices the 6mg is too strong for me so I can't take longer hits maybe 6seconds at max before getting a harsh throat hit where as the 3mg I can chain vape it like nothing for 7-9seconds and flavor is much more intense really not sure if that is correct or not just a theory

Reactions: David Wolf

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Sounds like vapers tongue - your taste buds get used to the flavor so the flavor seems to decrease as you vape the same juice. Try not using the same juices for a while, then go back. Search "vapers tongue" in the forum for more info. Also keep your juices in a dark place or at least out of sunlight. Good luck!
I'll go with this.
The longer I vape a specific flavor, the less I taste it.
It's like going nose blind to your own B.O. <== yea, bad example, but then again , we all know everyone's dwelling has it's own, how shall we say it, aroma.
Vaping is the same way. Just switch it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread