Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my first post yesterday and all the advice I had I went to the vape shop today to get lower PG but you can only go up to 6ml nicotine I’m on a 12 I had it and the lovely lady put the nicotine in but my question is can I put 2 nicotine in my 50ml bottle to make it up to a 12 or am I going to kill myself off!! the 6 really isn’t doing it for me

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Ok. If you take a bottle of 12 mg, and and bottle of 6mg, you'll end up with 9mg, if both starting bottles are the same starting size.
12mg should be fine in most devices,, if 6, or 9 aren't strong enough.
Common wisdom is start lower and work up, try mixing small testers before blending all your juice.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
First of all, don't get confused by mg and ml.

Mg is the unit of strength of the nicotine.
Ml is the unit of liquid volume.
Tom has a 60 ml bottle of 12mg nicotine e-liquid.
Yes, more nic can be added to your current bottle of e-liquid. It won't kill you, but too much nic can cause symptoms of headache, jitters, or nausea if its too much.

I can't explain why, but many e-liquid manufacturers aren't making liquid over 6mg nic. Its a recent trend. Your vape shop may be like this. However, there are still some manufacturers who are making e-liquid at 12mg or 18mg pre-mixed. You may have to search for online sources for higher nic e-liquids. Try My Vapor Store. They have literally dozens of different e-liquid manufacturers; some of them should be making higher nic e-liquid.

myvaporstore | Online Vape shop - Vape Mods, Eliquid and Ecigs

You can also look into "nic salts" e-liquid, which has much higher levels of nicotine than "free base nic" e-liquid.

Nic salt question

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
After my first post yesterday and all the advice I had I went to the vape shop today to get lower PG but you can only go up to 6ml nicotine I’m on a 12 I had it and the lovely lady put the nicotine in but my question is can I put 2 nicotine in my 50ml bottle to make it up to a 12 or am I going to kill myself off!! the 6 really isn’t doing it for me
Might like to use a calculator to determine the correct addition amount. Could also double check with the ECF membership in the proper* forum:
Juice Rescue "Cheat Codes"
DIY E-Liquid

*You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

• Useful
Reactions: m1ke

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
First of all, don't get confused by mg and ml.

Mg is the unit of strength of the nicotine.
Ml is the unit of liquid volume.
Tom has a 60 ml bottle of 12mg nicotine e-liquid.
Yes, more nic can be added to your current bottle of e-liquid. It won't kill you, but too much nic can cause symptoms of headache, jitters, or nausea if its too much.

I can't explain why, but many e-liquid manufacturers aren't making liquid over 6mg nic. Its a recent trend. Your vape shop may be like this. However, there are still some manufacturers who are making e-liquid at 12mg or 18mg pre-mixed. You may have to search for online sources for higher nic e-liquids. Try My Vapor Store. They have literally dozens of different e-liquid manufacturers; some of them should be making higher nic e-liquid.

myvaporstore | Online Vape shop - Vape Mods, Eliquid and Ecigs

You can also look into "nic salts" e-liquid, which has much higher levels of nicotine than "free base nic" e-liquid.

Nic salt question

Some of the information in The video directly contradicts what little research has become available. Specifically nicotine blood level graphs which show a vastly higher nicotine blood level for protonated than for unprotonated nics.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Some of the information in The video directly contradicts what little research has become available. Specifically nicotine blood level graphs which show a vastly higher nicotine blood level for protonated than for unprotonated nics.
If you're analyzing blood you've gone too far. Imagine if we examined coffee drinking under such intense scrutiny instead of just relying on feedback from the body to self-regulate.

Reactions: Baditude

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you're analyzing blood you've gone too far. Imagine if we examined coffee drinking under such intense scrutiny instead of just relying on feedback from the body to self-regulate.
It’s how basically all drugs are checked though. Literally all of them. Nicotine and caffeine are somehow magically different than other drugs?

Looking at caffeine pharmacology, it’s still checked by blood level. There are absorption issues though that make actual blood levels vary quite widely against intake due to to a bunch of factors
Pharmacology of Caffeine - Caffeine for the Sustainment of Mental Task Performance - NCBI Bookshelf

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
It’s how basically all drugs are checked though. Literally all of them. Nicotine and caffeine are somehow magically different than other drugs?
We already know caffeine and nicotine are without significant health issues when consumed responsibly. Speculation by the layman is pointless and unproductive.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
We already know caffeine and nicotine are without significant health issues when consumed responsibly. Speculation by the layman is pointless and unproductive.
Many drugs are that way. We’re all laymen here including the person who made the video. Something I was trying to point out. What’s your point?

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Many drugs are that way. We’re all laymen here including the person who made the video. Something I was trying to point out. What’s your point?
Point is you're talking again without saying anything, Bomb. We get it, you don't trust salt nic and believe there's a conspiracy in the works. And since you can't take a hint you just keep on bringing it up.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Point is you're talking again without saying anything, Bomb. We get it, you don't trust salt nic and believe there's a conspiracy in the works. And since you can't take a hint you just keep on bringing it up.
Hint? The whole “shut up about possible misinformation with salts because I say so and that is convenient for me” thing? Yeah, we discussed this already multiple times.

Lacking much in the way of hard data about protonated nicotines it’s the way it’s going to be until there is some. One of us will turn out to be totally or partially wrong. It might be me. I’m OK with that. Mostly what I say though is we don’t know much of anything about protonated nic, and if the behavior of chemicals and other drugs is used as a general guide there is a very real chance that at least some protonated nics could possibly have really serious issues.
I want to see real testing, and I won’t be super pumped about them as a concept till I see some. Meanwhile people are saying all kinds of stuff.

In this particular case the guy said protonated nics are less addictive than unprotonated nic. I pointed out that what very little specific evidence we do have seems to contradict that. Neither set is conclusive. His is entirely theoretical and mine is partial and a derivation. There is nothing conclusive. Then you started talking about caffeine.

Testing will end this disagreement one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread