FDA Just a regular guy here trying to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all you passionate and good hearted forum members. I started a petition on https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ecig-rights/4hX5h8R2 . I was trying to think of what I could do to try and make a difference, so this is what I came up with. It says I need 100,000 signatures, and right now I have 1. So if you agree with me that e-cigarettes should not be categorized or taxed in the same manner as tobacco please be so kind as to sign my petition. It's been my experience that the folks on this forum are very passionate and really seem to care about this life changing hobby/lifestyle. So if you agree with me click the link and sign.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

PS if I have put this in the wrong place or broken any protocols please let me know that was not my intention.

Jason

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Jason - While your desire to "do something" is totally understandable and laudable, CASAA is asking that we not do petitions right now. They will be coming out with a "Call to Action" soon.

A petition is a tool for getting your voice heard when regular channels fail to achieve the desired response. At this time, no one has really even used the regular channels (ie. the public comment period) so a petition at this point looks like we are ignoring the opportunity of the public comment period. It's akin to wanting a job at a company and posting "This company discriminated against me and won't give me a job!" on the company Facebook page before even giving them an application and having an interview. Who would take that seriously? Not only that, but putting the claim on the wrong company's Facebook page to boot. (ie. all of the inaccuracies in the petition.)

Just because you are "doing something," "making noise" and "getting attention," it doesn't mean those things are benefitting your cause when it makes you look unreasonable and uninformed.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/557156-regarding-petitions.html

J.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread