Just an observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that a lot of companies that sell the pre-made or the cartos state that the vapor is 'odorless', but yet, is it really odorless? What flavors do you vape and what have you noticed in the way of aroma/odor/scent and/or what have others said?

I'm interested in this because it seems that there isn't truth in advertising.

Since I made this thread, I guess I'll go first:

The blu "Pina Colada" does have a fruity smell to it (my own personal 'smelling' of the vapors), but more of a pineapple and coconut. Although my partner at one point said he smelled chocolate.

Same for the Java Jolt, but my partner says he smells 'cigar'.

I still have some other juices to try (all VG until I get my next vape mail), but I will keep you up to date! :)

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
When they say odorless, they seem to mean 'doesn't reek of stale smoke'. I know my girlfriend commented on the clove flavor I was vaping at a party and said it soaked into her t-shirt until it rained the next day.. I'd say compared to an analog there's no strong lingering odor that follows you around, but vapor itself does still have an odor to it. Just usually a more pleasant one.

When they say odorless, they seem to mean 'doesn't reek of stale smoke'. I know my girlfriend commented on the clove flavor I was vaping at a party and said it soaked into her t-shirt until it rained the next day.. I'd say compared to an analog there's no strong lingering odor that follows you around, but vapor itself does still have an odor to it. Just usually a more pleasant one.

But that would defeat the whole concept of 'odorless' that many of them state. Actually, by sad truth, that is false advertising, regardless of intention, but as I stated, and you as well, it could very well depend on the persons sense of smell. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I'm just saying that I would like to know the different 'scents' that people have stated.

I would much rather smell of something nicer than smoke myself. This also does bring up a question of your girlfriend saying that, then you smoking one that is of a tobacco flavor. Would she have potentially smelled like that if it was the same strength as the cloves?

Either way, it's an interesting concept to think about because if there is indeed odor in the vapor (which there apparently is), then what do you, and others, think the smell of your vape is! :)

SynthStars

Aug 9, 2013
Eastleigh, Hants, UK
The Strawberry Kiwi I'm rocking right now tastes and smells like my favorite fruit...

Where from - sounds great!

I agree, Vapor does smell... but it doesn't smell gross like analogs. People would rather smell my cherry vanilla vape than someone else's Marlboro, I'm sure, hence the slightly misleading advertising.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
But that would defeat the whole concept of 'odorless' that many of them state. Actually, by sad truth, that is false advertising, regardless of intention, but as I stated, and you as well, it could very well depend on the persons sense of smell. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I'm just saying that I would like to know the different 'scents' that people have stated.

I would much rather smell of something nicer than smoke myself. This also does bring up a question of your girlfriend saying that, then you smoking one that is of a tobacco flavor. Would she have potentially smelled like that if it was the same strength as the cloves?

Either way, it's an interesting concept to think about because if there is indeed odor in the vapor (which there apparently is), then what do you, and others, think the smell of your vape is! :)

Presumably, yes, as later that night in bed I switched to a vanilla and the room was filled with that smell. Still, it's not that 'ashtray' smell, which was all we really cared about. I agree that 'odorless' is false advertising, more accurately it should be 'You'll no longer smell like day old cig butts and an ashtray!' which is certainly true, even if you vape tobacco flavors. I find the tobaccos I've tried are very clean and crisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread