Smelling like "Vapor"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jace

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Aurora, CO
My day job is as an IT conusultant. I vape & stealth vape constantly, at my main office, and at my client sites. I have had a few notice the headier flavors I vape, like the black licorice, or clove, but my reaction is always "Hrm, must be my cologne."

I also use a nicostik, and the one time I was caught, I was quickly able to pass it off as "my breathing treatment."
:cool::evil::cool:

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
It depends on the flavor and the brand. I can vape Johnson Creek and Dekang like mad around my friends and even if we are just a few feet apart they cannot smell it but when I break out the Halo Freedom they can smell it.

If you have a really hardcore need to do it in secret buy some unflavored juice. If there is little to no flavor there will be little to no smell.

If the person is a bigtime anti then nothing you do will ever make them happy. if they look outside and see a person walking down the sidewalk smoking they will start a big theatrical coughing fit making sure everyone sees it.

Last edited:

TuNeCedeMalis

Feb 3, 2010
Texas
I always used my dad as the judge. He comments on every smell. If I smoke a cigarette, if I've just showered, if I put on cologne or even deodorant, he would think I was either covering something up, or would comment on how I reek. Since I've vaped he hasn't said a word :). Still I recognize the vape smell on my own clothes every now and then.

syberhag

Jan 5, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
My day job is as an IT conusultant. I vape & stealth vape constantly, at my main office, and at my client sites. I have had a few notice the headier flavors I vape, like the black licorice, or clove, but my reaction is always "Hrm, must be my cologne."

I was just wondering what supplier you got black licorice from?!!! Sounds delish!

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
Some e-liquids definitely have a smell and some are very strong. Was vaping in a friends car not long ago(a road trip) with the windows up. The next morning we got in and it smelt like one of those candy stores. She looked at me and said, "Wow...my car smells great...makes me hungry. How about IHOP?" We both knew it was from my vaping and yes we did go to IHOP. So yeah...some vapes do have a smell to them. This can be a good thing because it makes things smell good! :rolleyes:

It really does depend on the vape juice though. I have some that have no smell to them at all. I can actually blow vape directly into peoples face with these liquids and they smell nothing.

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
My wife complains about a couple of the liquids I use but over all she doesn't mind. She's and ex-smoker and has turned very anti smoking. But she lets me vap in the same room as her while we watch TV. Now the only complaint is the clouds of vapor from the VG. Says she can't see the TV :) Just just happy I don't have to spend my evening in the garage with the car now.

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke
I went over to my parents house and was vaping there.. my little brother goes it is great having chris around since he quit smoking now he is like a air freshener that makes the house smell like grape

haha I think the same thing when I walk into my apt. It smells very good in there. I never smoked cig's inside though but I have pets....helps a little!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread