Status
Not open for further replies.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Hi all, Im new to posting here and thought id say hi to everyone.

Im totally lost on this forum and have read a lot but I still have no clue. So I just took what I gleamed from the forum and took a blind faith leap at the joyetech EGO.

Like I said though all the terminology has lost me. So Ill ask it like this. What parts on the joyetech EGO must be replaced at intervals? Do atomizers need to be replaced often? If so what is the average? Carts, I dont know what they really are other then seeing them in pictures. Do they need replacing often? What else needs replacing? I guess the juice does, but how often? Every time you use the thing?

I bought the package deal from Litecig USA and it includes two of a lot of items. I cant post a link due to my member status but its easy to find on their site.

How soon do you presume I will need to buy a replacement something? Or do I need more then what is included here just to use it the first time? I was hoping this kit would cover my needs for at least a little while but I have no clue really. I just want to quit smoking.

On another topic, I know you guys are not doctors but is this thing theorectically safe for those around me? I have a pregnant wife with my first child and want to be cig free by November for the birth. Would you all hesitate to be around a pregnant person? I think I will be anyhow but Im curious about the safety of the thing.

Anyhow, lots of questions and I doubt anyone wants to waste their time schooling me and my obvious poor comprehension skills. Either way I just wanted to say hi to the community and thank you all for everything so far, the site is well laid out and very informative.

cjf1961

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2010
Oswego, New York
Take a look at the Technical section of the forum, there's a lot of great information. I understand that you are a little overwhelmed right now, but your decision to go with an ego is a good one and something I think in time you will learn all about. It's learning process and everyone is different in their use of their device(s). You will need to change atomizers or cartomizers as they will in time die, occasionally you get odd ones that don't fire, but shoot the vendor and email and they are very helpful getting the problem resolved. As far as juice goes, well, again it's really dependent on how much you use your device. Topping off is not a bad thing, some use carts or cartomizers, while others drip. Don't think that anyone person can tell you what's right or wrong for you. It will be something that you will discover as you get use to your equipment and all that goes with it. Atomizers are really a disposable item, but some get way more time out of the suggested couple of weeks that they say they may last. Maintenance is huge and something you can read about because there's a million ways to do things. I blow mine out and I've so far gotten several months out of most of my atomizers, but have also gotten some that haven't lasted more than a couple of days. Cartomizers, which are self contained units, atomizer built in are nice, but again subject to use and care and build of unit. Sorry, can't really comment on use around others as I tend to try and not blow anything near anyone, but it's not cigarette smoke, so it's something you will want to ask the veterans about. Hope it helps a little bit, good luck on your quest and Welcome.......

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Hi all, Im new to posting here and thought id say hi to everyone.

Welcome to ECF!

Im totally lost on this forum and have read a lot but I still have no clue. So I just took what I gleamed from the forum and took a blind faith leap at the Joyetech EGO.

Great first purchase-EGO!

Like I said though all the terminology has lost me. So Ill ask it like this. What parts on the Joyetech EGO must be replaced at intervals?

The battery will need replacing, but not for a long while. Depending on your usage 3-6 months.

Do atomizers need to be replaced often? If so what is the average?

Atomizers are the biggest guess of all. Take good care not to overheat it, meaning laying on the button for say more than 10 seconds each time.
In the first week or two, I would suggest not using the cone. This way you can feel with your hand how hot the atomizer can get. You can also monitor your ability in not overfilling better. The atomizers will leak your liquid if you overfill the cartridge. If you have the cone on, you won't know until you remove the cone and there will be juice in it.
Sometimes people pop an atomizer right up front, sometimes they can last several weeks, if not more. I would suggest picking up 3 back up atomizers.
Carts, I dont know what they really are other then seeing them in pictures. Do they need replacing often?

The carts should last you a good long time. They can be rinsed, the filler inside can be pulled out and cleaned and dried, also.

What else needs replacing? I guess the juice does, but how often? Every time you use the thing?

The filler in the carts will need to be topped up with juice a couple times a day or more depending on how much you vape. All your carts are refillable with any nicotine liquid you purchase. When refilling use a toothpick and slide it between the filler and the cart. This will allow a better absorbancy rate for the filler and juice.

I bought the package deal from Litecig USA and it includes two of a lot of items. I cant post a link due to my member status but its easy to find on their site.

How soon do you presume I will need to buy a replacement something? Or do I need more then what is included here just to use it the first time? I was hoping this kit would cover my needs for at least a little while but I have no clue really. I just want to quit smoking.

On another topic, I know you guys are not doctors but is this thing theorectically safe for those around me? I have a pregnant wife with my first child and want to be cig free by November for the birth. Would you all hesitate to be around a pregnant person? I think I will be anyhow but Im curious about the safety of the thing.

I have no medical advice on the above questions. I would say if you feel uneasy about it, step into another room or go outside. I bet by the time the baby is here you will be cigarette free!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the little one.

Anyhow, lots of questions and I doubt anyone wants to waste their time schooling me and my obvious poor comprehension skills. Either way I just wanted to say hi to the community and thank you all for everything so far, the site is well laid out and very informative.

Good luck and I hope all goes well.
All of the above answers are just my opinion.

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
Welcome to the ECF. The Ego takes 510 parts, I'd suggest getting a few spare atomizers, I recommend the LR ones for more vapor and a warmer hit.
Vaping is safe around others as it doesn't produce second hand smoke, just a vapor with PG and or VG in it, both of which are consumed daily in a variety of medicines and food products.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Wow, great info and very fast. I think I need to get some of these parts in my hand so it becomes more real to me and I think I will understand the language better at that time. That's why I just said heck with it and bought one. So once I get it and use it a couple times and if I enjoy it I will get new atomizers coming so I wont run out!! Thanks for the tip. Im still not sure about the drip aspect or what it is, but it doesn't sound pleasant lol. I don't want anything dripping in my mouth if that is what it means.

So thanks to the responders and those who read my post. And of course thanks to the community as a whole for being here for each other. I just really need to quit smoking.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I did the exact same thing you did - I read the forum, discerned that the eGo was a fan favorite, and ordered with no further knowledge.

One week later, I'm smoke-free (I haven't had so much as a drag since this time last week) and have had zero - and I mean ZERO cravings or misgivings or snippy days. I'm vaping 24mg juice, and so far I'm all about freedomsmokeusa's Hypnotic Mist. (Search the board and you'll find my fan-girl review of it. lol)

I rec'd backup atty's today and ordered more juice as well.

Oh, and dripping is just pulling the mouthpiece off and directly dripping a few drops of juice into the atty. I find it pretty convenient, or at least no big deal, and really enjoy the freshness of the flavor when I do it that way.

Good luck! Oh, and if you're a bozo like me... you'll want to know that your ego has 4 parts. Battery, atomizer, cone cover and mouthpiece/cart. At first I didn't even notice the mouthpiece and couldn't figure out how to drip into the damn thing - so know that you pull the mouthpiece/cart out, it's not something you unscrew.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I wouldn't worry about vaping near a pregnant woman, but I'm 46: the doctor who delivered me probably had a lit cigarette in his mouth at the time.

You will want to learn what steps you should take when your eGo arrives. I'm not very familiar with that model, so hopefully someone will chime in. Basically, you want to make sure the batts are charged, blow the shipping fluid out of the atty, prime the atty with a couple drops of liquid, put in a full cart, and vape.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Quasimod is correct. When you have the ego in hand there will be four pieces, the battery- the larger piece, the cone -hollow with threads-the atomizer has threads on one end and flip it over and you will see a mesh bridge, and last but not least the cart, it has a white filler material and a mouth piece made of plastic. Take the atomizer with the large opening towards you and the threads away from you (get a papertowel and place it at the threaded end) put your lips over the open end and blow, do this a couple times. I know, I know. Doing this will get the primer/shipping fluid out of the atomizer. Do it a couple times. Now screw the atomizer onto the battery and take the e-liquid you purchased and drip 2 drops onto the mesh inside the atomizer. Press the button on the battery and take a few puffs without inhaling, repeat 3 times. Now you should put on a cart and be ready to go.

one80bysummer152

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Largo, FL
Just a suggestion for the new eGo users. The drip tips from Super T Manufacturing are great with the eGo, but like others have said its a matter of personal preference. They connect to the atomizer the same way the carts fit. Just push it in and go. I dont have to mess with carts and fillers and yadda yadda. Three drips right down the T-Tip and I get no less than 7 or 8 nice puffs before re-dripping.

Also about replacing eGo parts..

I've had my eGo for 3.5 months and I've gone through 6 atomizers and today my last (second) battery died on me. They were great while they lasted but I dropped them way...way..wayyy too much. I also kept them going all day long. My eGo is always in my hand..and I mean always lol.

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas
I wouldn't worry about vaping near a pregnant woman, but I'm 46: the doctor who delivered me probably had a lit cigarette in his mouth at the time.
Ok, just for future reference, what hospital was this, and what the heck kind of cigarette do you think he was smoking???
You will want to learn what steps you should take when your eGo arrives. I'm not very familiar with that model, so hopefully someone will chime in. Basically, you want to make sure the batts are charged, blow the shipping fluid out of the atty, prime the atty with a couple drops of liquid, put in a full cart, and vape.
+1 on everything else quasimod says !

PS. Quasimod, Ive read many of your post's and learned alot from what you've posted..but had to throw that j/k remark in above.

All well said too HzG8rGrl !

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Thanks everyone for the information. Each and every person who commented is much appreciated. My ecig shipped today so I should get it by friday or saturday Im guessing. Ill come back to this thread if I have any issues once its in my hand. Its still hard to invision what everyone is talking about at this point but the directions given by yall are so clear that once I have it Im sure it will all be clear. Thanks again folks.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Ok, this is what I didnt want to happen but Huston, there might be a problem lol. I just got my ego, its in my hands, but I read closer and everyone including the instructions want me to drip ejuice into the atomizer. Well I thought this starter kit covered everything for at least a start. Do I need ejuice before I can begin my journey?

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
You'll need a bottle of juice to drip.

No bottle for dripping and just carts?

Then open a cart and smell it. If it's pre-filled it should have a definate e-juice odor. If not then you have dry empty carts and need to buy juice.

Sorry, I guess we should have stressed that and not assumed that you already knew.

Our bad!

Hang in there, you'll be vaping soon.

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Looks like every one covered it all. :thumb:

Just a FYI
There is a get to gather for Washington Vapors in September. That would be a good place to get first hand info and meet some people in the area that Vap.

We all started out at the same place. It gets easer as time passes.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nw-steampunks/109915-official-nw-vapers-meet-september.html

Thanks everyone for the information. Each and every person who commented is much appreciated. My ecig shipped today so I should get it by friday or saturday Im guessing. Ill come back to this thread if I have any issues once its in my hand. Its still hard to invision what everyone is talking about at this point but the directions given by yall are so clear that once I have it Im sure it will all be clear. Thanks again folks.

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas
You'll need a bottle of juice to drip.
Sorry, I guess we should have stressed that and not assumed that you already knew.
Our bad!
Nope, not "our" bad, Your's (reeftivo) if you feel like taking responsibility but not mine !
If you buy without doing research, reading in the forums, asking questions, etc. then its not My problem.

Sorry to sound so rude but it sounds like the op didnt read enough into it before spending $$ and this forum is filled with all the info needed to get started.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Thanks Dubs, but I read quite alot. I got 5 pre filled carts and assumed that would be adequate for a few days to start. Others in this thread and even the instruction book make it sound like it is required to have liquid ejuice available to drip directly on the atty. If you notice I actually started reading about all this in December when I joined the community. Its just all words though I guess until the thing is actually in your hands. I just got raped and pillaged by the local smoke shop and bought some ejuice. All they had was high strength though and unfortunately they dont say what mg it is.

So far Vaping is horrible lol. The taste is strong and it burns my throat. It tastes horrible. So Im not sure what Im doing wrong. I dripped two drops of my new coffee flavored ejuice right on the att after blowing it out and put on the tip that has no filling in it. All the others are prefilled with the wadding and some liquid. Right now the coffee I bought is too strong since I took a baby drag to test and then one more and Im buzzing from it which I hate. Im gonna hang in here and see if it improves a little. I normally smoke ultra lights about a pack a day.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Dirquist,

I'd order a couple of bottles of juice quick! Those 5 pre-filled carts that came in your starter kit won't last more than a day or two at most. A cart is good for about 30 or so puffs, less for some.

Since you have an Ego, you might want to look at the Mega atomizer and carts. The Mega carts hold about twice the juice that the standard carts do. Atomizer life is very subjective. You want to refill the cart as soon as you taste a difference in the vapor. Juice running low begins to add a metallic taste to the vape. All my atomizers from my May initial order are still working just fine. I've been vaping on the same Mega atomizer now for about 6 weeks.

Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store. is a good place to get 510 parts and juice. They will get the order out the door the same day. Cignot makes two runs a day to the post office!

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas

I think the eGo may be too much for the baby, so you should start him or her off with a 510, then ease into the eGo at no younger than 6-7 months. :w00t: :laugh:

(for those without a sense of humor, the above was just a joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread