Just got a phiniac and it doesn't work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildarmtins

May 12, 2012
Tamworth, England
My phiniac isn't airtight, and as a result it keeps flooding my cartos. It's definatly the tank as I've been swapping the flooded cartos over to my lil mama tanks and they work fine, then when I swap them back to the phiniac they flood again!!! What the hell do I do? I just forked out £40 for this thing and it doesn't work!!

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
My phiniac isn't airtight, and as a result it keeps flooding my cartos. It's definatly the tank as I've been swapping the flooded cartos over to my lil mama tanks and they work fine, then when I swap them back to the phiniac they flood again!!! What the hell do I do? I just forked out £40 for this thing and it doesn't work!!

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

I would say contact phiniac. it may be something as simple as the o rings. But in any case I am sure that if you contact them and tell them your issue they would possibly be able to help.

SurReality89

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
USA
do these only work with cartos? i really really want to get one of these tanks but the carto i have i don't like at all compared to my drip tank, could i possibly hook up something different to these like the wick that goes in a MAP tank or something? on COV they say this carto fits in the MAP tank, and it looks like it would fit in Phiniac's tanks so i'm thinking i ought to be able to swap the wicking system... The ReNew XL 2.5 ohm Cartomizer in Steel

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
do these only work with cartos? i really really want to get one of these tanks but the carto i have i don't like at all compared to my drip tank, could i possibly hook up something different to these like the wick that goes in a MAP tank or something? on COV they say this carto fits in the MAP tank, and it looks like it would fit in Phiniac's tanks so i'm thinking i ought to be able to swap the wicking system... The ReNew XL 2.5 ohm Cartomizer in Steel

They are talking about the DCT(dualcoil carto tank) MAP tank which is just MAP's version of a carto tank. DUAL COIL TANK (DCT) STAINLESS STEEL | Most Angry Industries

SurReality89

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
USA
so you have to use a carto for the phiniac tank? i just got an eGo carto and i really don't like it, the thing like bubbles when i pull it and the vapor is just terrible (very harsh/burnt). i got it i i put maybe 2mLs in it or less, at first it was really bad and i set it down and didn't touch it till the next day and just used my drip tank, the next day it seemed to be more wet but still gives really bad vapor... maybe its just the tank? because i know prefilled cartos aren't that bad...

i think i'm just going to buy some of the cartos that fit into the phiniac tanks and see how they are, but i really don't like the idea of dealing with cartos. but i really love the craftsmanship of phiniacs glass.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
I usually do a condom fill on a new carto after punching it. Let it sit about 30min and then put it in the Phiniac, fill that, and then let sit for a couple a minutes. Then vape away until the tank needs filling again.

I use Resurrectors cartos or IKV 2.5 Platinum 510 cartos or Boge 2.0 cartos. I usually punch 2 holes in the cartos - one on each side. My juices are normally 70/30 pg/vg or 50/50 pg/vg or 100% vg.

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
i mean it makes poping noises when i vape.

so how long should one wait after filling a carto the first time to begin vaping?

these carto's seem sort of annoying, so sad the phiniac tank can't be attached to a wick or drip atty :(

As far as I'm concerned the popping with a carto setup is normal.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
snap, crackles and pops, those are all normal carto sounds. this happens when the juice hits the coil/wick. enjoy. cartomizers, ce4 stainless can be used in a tank. you have to prefill your carto using the condom method is common, you can also drip your juice in, average of 20-30 drops, just add a few at a time and let it absorb. You can also use a syringe.

what I do , is use a syringe and I add the drop thru the holes that I punch a few drops at a time if it is taking a while to absorb I put it to my mouth and sort of inhale so I gets sucked in. I find that it fills up faster and the juice gets down in the carto more efficiently. I fill a syringe with about 1 ml of juice and start filling thru holes and then I top off thru the top till it looks soggy on top. Pop it in my tank take a short dry hit to see a few bubbles and go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread