Just got a VAMO V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayou14

Feb 22, 2015
Bush, LA
I was using an Apollo Variant, so thought I'd upgrade. Right now I am currently using a nautilus with a 2.2 Ohm coil. Any suggestions on how I can get a better vaping experience? I've never used an APV and really haven't read a lot regarding why they are so much better other than they are more durable and the charge usually lasts longer. I have seen a lot of more experienced people post how great the V5 is and decided to buy one for myself and my wife. Just looking for suggestions. If I wasted my money, so be it. I like the look and also like the rechargeable battery (18650). Just trying to get bigger and better clouds and good flavor from my e-juices. (Apollo, Mt Baker and Vapor-fi.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I was using an Apollo Variant, so thought I'd upgrade. Right now I am currently using a Nautilus with a 2.2 Ohm coil. Any suggestions on how I can get a better vaping experience? I've never used an APV and really haven't read a lot regarding why they are so much better other than they are more durable and the charge usually lasts longer. I have seen a lot of more experienced people post how great the V5 is and decided to buy one for myself and my wife. Just looking for suggestions. If I wasted my money, so be it. I like the look and also like the rechargeable battery (18650). Just trying to get bigger and better clouds and good flavor from my e-juices. (Apollo, Mt Baker and Vapor-fi.
You can try going to a lower resistance coil in your Nautilus , and bumping the wattage up , all in all it should easily out perform any cigalike . The main advantage you gained is the ability to regulate your vape by adjusting your power settings on the Vamo .

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
Vamo's are great starter APV's, as theyre easy to use and ergonomic. It has problems of course but as a starter unit it has everything you need... Next thing you know youll be shopping for Isticks n IPV's and building replacement subtank coils or rda's...Between the BDC's and BVC's though definitely suggest BVC's if goin for taste... Good starter choices between the nautilus and vamo though!

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
A 15watt vamo is really not a good cloud chasing mod. Between my wife and I we have about 7 or 8 vamos (v2, v3, v5). She runs hers in 18350 mode and I use 18650 mode for more battery life. I suggest the Panasonic NCR18650PF batteries for use in your vamo. I get a full 24 hours of continuous vaping on a full battery. YRMV

Despite the fact I believe the vamo is a great starter APV, I agree with that statement. If your cloud chasing youre gonna need at least a 30 watt mod with an RDA. Atlantis and Subtank both give way better clouds than other tanks it still cant chuck clouds like an rda on top of a high wattage APV. Also the Panasonics are good batteries but Ive gotten hooked on Samsung 25r's until Sony VTC5's get back into production

Bayou14

Feb 22, 2015
Bush, LA
A 15watt vamo is really not a good cloud chasing mod. Between my wife and I we have about 7 or 8 vamos (v2, v3, v5). She runs hers in 18350 mode and I use 18650 mode for more battery life. I suggest the Panasonic NCR18650PF batteries for use in your vamo. I get a full 24 hours of continuous vaping on a full battery. YRMV

That was another question I had. Thanks for the info on the battery. I really want 2 for each. I do vape a lot, it relaxes me. Since I don't drink or smoke cigarettes vaping just seemed like something novel to start up. I really enjoy it and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. The Variant was cool for a while, but it seemed like I always had to charge it. Then it died. I got it replaced, but Bunnykiller stated that non-APV's don't have a very long life span. So I ordered the Vamo. The V5 seemed like the most commonly owned, so I bought that. I don't really care too much for the box style mods, so the Vamo was, it seemed, the logical choice.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Despite the fact I believe the vamo is a great starter APV, I agree with that statement. If your cloud chasing youre gonna need at least a 30 watt mod with an RDA. Atlantis and Subtank both give way better clouds than other tanks it still cant chuck clouds like an rda on top of a high wattage APV. Also the Panasonics are good batteries but Ive gotten hooked on Samsung 25r's until Sony VTC5's get back into production

I agree that the 25R is a good choice for a 20amp battery. The PF suggestion was based on the vamo which really does not call for more than the 10amps that the panny can provide. In fact, I just ordered a pair of 25R's for my BIL who has decided to do sub-ohm drippers using the panny's. I about had a heart attack when he showed me what he was up to.

I really have to wonder how the Subtank or Atlantis is going to play on a Vamo (ohm limit)

Last edited:

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
Like I said the panasonics arent bad batteries at all, but if youre gonna go cloud chasing youre gonna need something with a higher CDR. The Panasonics in question have a 10A CDR, which means the lowest resistance coil build you could fire would be 0.42Ω with a fully charged battery. Sony VTC4's are great for amperage, 30A, but I hate having only 2000mah p/battery, and VTC5's are nigh on impossible to snag ATM. Currently LGHE2's and Samsung 25r's are generally some of the current most popular batteries. Both have good capacity over 2500mah, and they have a 20A CDR, so you could build as low as 0.2Ω, lower than most people would build. Anything less than 0.4Ω youre gonna be chuckin some clouds...

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread