Vamo v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclay1192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
California
Just put an order in for the Vamo v5.. i currently am using an Evic from joyetech. But since i'm considering dabbling in the rda i figured a VAMO would work better with them since they can shoot up to 15 watts.. and the evic dabbles around 9-11 watts at most.
so anyways.. Any good things with the VAMO v5.. (besides it not coming with an instruction booklet) any bad things?? :) thanks!!

jclay1192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
California
I've heard that the 510 threads can strip pretty easily. Be careful. You probably should look into a 510 to 510 adapter or an air flow controller. That should help protect the 510 threads. Most everything else I heard has been pretty positive about it. Enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up just ordered the "air flow controller" thanks again man

vicflo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2009
Virginia
the threads strip easy because they are loose to begin with. its like .01mm too big and its soft metal. never overtighten and never undertighten (is that a word?). the airflow controller works great.

to push past ~11w on the vamo you will need to stack quality 18350s. it can technically go up to the mid 20w range if you use voltage mode... 6v x 1.2ohms = 5 amps which is 30w but i wouldnt push it or attempt it if its you dont want to risk damaging it. try to stay at 1.3 ohms or above due to the nature of rdas.

edit: this is assuming you know/follow the safe use of stacked batteries.

Last edited:
This is my first attempt of talking on hear and I'm dyslectic so I prologize for any ....-up's, I have found that the Vamo V5 is better than the V4 but there is still problems with a lot of my atomizers being a bit loose on the V5, can some one tell me were to get the the airflow controller or the 510 to 510 adapter and which one looks OK for the Vamo's? one more thing how do you all get on with battery's? I have just got my Vamo V5 and two extra battery tubes so I can stack two 18650's so I don't get the problem of it tripping out with low current battery's as I experienced with my V4, but the bottom cap don't screw all the way home, (first of all I am aware of the battery's having to be kept in pairs and to keep an eye on voltages and other behaviours), however I would like to run one 18650 that can handle the currant, I have read so many threads but I'm still none the wiser, I think they are splitting hairs too much, I have noticed that the higher in Ah's the less in current it can handle, so I'm in need of battery's that are a bit shouter and can handle the currant or get a battery cap for my Vamo that allows for the extra length battery's or get the right battery's, I use both my V4 and V5 and I can get away with one UltraFire TR 18650 3200mAh with high Ohm's but now I have got lots of atomizers and because there low Ohm's I cant use them, one more thing is there anyone that do a wider battery cap so it can stand up better on the table? Re: Jeff

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Jeff and no apologies needed. I take it you're in the UK?
Airflow Controller [VE554] - £2.99 : Vape Escape
As far as batteries chargers always buy quality. UltraFire and TrustFire are not quality batts and measure up terribly in tests. They must be:
high drain
safe chemistry
unprotected
Best batts available are AW, Panasonic or MNKE.

This is my first attempt of talking on hear and I'm dyslectic so I prologize for any ....-up's, I have found that the Vamo V5 is better than the V4 but there is still problems with a lot of my atomizers being a bit loose on the V5, can some one tell me were to get the the airflow controller or the 510 to 510 adapter and which one looks OK for the Vamo's? one more thing how do you all get on with battery's? I have just got my Vamo V5 and two extra battery tubes so I can stack two 18650's so I don't get the problem of it tripping out with low current battery's as I experienced with my V4, but the bottom cap don't screw all the way home, (first of all I am aware of the battery's having to be kept in pairs and to keep an eye on voltages and other behaviours), however I would like to run one 18650 that can handle the currant, I have read so many threads but I'm still none the wiser, I think they are splitting hairs too much, I have noticed that the higher in Ah's the less in current it can handle, so I'm in need of battery's that are a bit shouter and can handle the currant or get a battery cap for my Vamo that allows for the extra length battery's or get the right battery's, I use both my V4 and V5 and I can get away with one UltraFire TR 18650 3200mAh with high Ohm's but now I have got lots of atomizers and because there low Ohm's I cant use them, one more thing is there anyone that do a wider battery cap so it can stand up better on the table? Re: Jeff

Yes I'm Vaping in the UK, I just ordered two of the Airflow Controllers one for the V4 and one for the V5, thanks for info and link.

As far as batteries go I'm not worried if they are safe chemistry or not as I'm an electronics technician and appreciate all the concerns of safety with them, but for now I need high drain but the shorter one's as I'm running my Vamo's with two extra battery tubes so I'm stacking two 18650's, which gives me 1/2 a week Vaping before recharge, but the end cap won't screw all the way home with two times UltraFire BRC 3600mAh or UltraFire BRC 5600mAh,

I have run UltraFire TR 3.2Ah and the UltraFire BRC 3.6Ah and the UltraFire BRC 5600mAh with out to many problems so far and have delivered the Amp hour's that they say but don't deliver current, when you buy battery’s they don’t mention much about the current you can use them at do they however I have read many times that there are a lot of snide ones out there, the UltraFire TR 3.2Ah is a bit shorter than the UltraFire BRC 3.6Ah and the UltraFire BRC 5600mAh, and lets me put the battery cap all the way home and will run one at a time with out the Vamo tripping out, but the UltraFire BRC 3.6Ah and the UltraFire BRC 5600mAh won't run one at a time and trips the Vamo but in stacked they run nice but all the ones I have now will be down graded to the T6 lamp when I find the right battery's to use for the vamo's.

I know that the If you're staying under 10 amps these cells, MNKE imr 1500, AW imr 1600, AW imr 2000, Effest IMR 2000, Panasonic, GCR18650, Orbtronic 2900(Panasonic NCR18650PD cells) plus EH IMR, will work fine, and If you're going over 10 amps I'd recommend sticking with AW or MNKE and MNKE is good for 20Amps. but I don't know there sizes and this is all I know?? but I found THIS that mite help all out there.

What I will be looking for soon is 18650's that are as slim as possible to fit a strip of insulated copper strips down the side so I can run 2 times parallel in series, that's 4 18650's in total so it is 7.4volt in total and use 4 extra battery tubes so I can run for a week of heavy Vaping and feel safe down town at night,

Just another thing as regards to earlier in this thread, I haven’t taken any of my vamo’s apart yet but is there space for a heat sink or use the body of the Vamo for one so you can run at full power i.e. 6Volts into 1.2 Ohm coil? 30watts?

I’d love to know if any one has worked out what the PCB is or components there using so we can see what is best and maybe program one to do as we need hhhhmmmm Re: Jeff

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Hey jclay1192 - I use a mini vivi nova beauty ring on my vamos to keep from stripping the threads (keep it up from the 510 top a little) if you want a quick fix until your AFC comes in

Dr Jeff - 4 18650's? really? Ultrafires? Is that trailer in your avatar where you keep your other bomb making supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread