Just got first ecig yesterday! Lovin It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Scotsman

Oct 13, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ok so I just got my first ecig yesterday. Joye eGo. I have to admit I am liking it very much. NOT CRAZY at all about the flavor they sent with the kit, it isn't horrible, but surely would not have been my first second or third choice! hahaha (I think it is suppose to be Marlboro Medium)(weird aftertaste) I did order and receive a bottle of Marlboro red (I think that is what I ordered) and a bottle of butterscotch. I havent tried either one of those yet, in fact still on my first cartridge. Which brings me to yet ANOTHER NEWBIE question. How do I know when to change the cartridge? Can I just top off the cartridges they sent? (I did buy an additional 5 blank cartridges) I brought an extra cartridge (filled) with me to work today. I am definetly going to get some cartomizers though. Just want to test everything out before I start buying more stuff. B sent me some new flavors, will probably get here over the weekend (THANK YOU) But I can see flavors mixed possibly with tobacco will be in order?!

CHEERS!

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Hey, that's great Scotsman :). I know how I felt (only 2 days ago??) when mine got here lol. When you're vape start to get really low, or not much flavor, you can top it off, or change it. Be careful not to let it go dry, from what I've heard you can burn out the atomizer. Make sure you get some spare atomizers, I burned the one out on my first gas station cheapo, and had to go analog for a couple of days.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    carts don't last as long as cartos. You'll be getting a drop off of flavor and vape when it's drying up. then a burning taste. Better to top off often until you get used to it.
    You can refill them, yes.

Plan on revisiting the juices that you don't like right away, your taste buds will be changing. A 5 pack of Boge cartos and Boge "LR" cartos are a good start.

Last edited:

carpedebass

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 10, 2011
    The Alamo City
    You can refill carts from now till the cows come home. The filler will break down over time though, so you'll want to replace it. Lots of folks use Fluval fishtank filters or the blue filters from a pet store in type U. You can cut off just enough of the filters to stuff into the cart...kinda trial and error, but a box of the filters will last years if you keep using carts. I have some of the Fluval foam that I'm not going to use since I don't do the cart/atty thing anymore. I'd be happy to send you some to try if you'd like.

You just want to fill the carts until the look soaked. You don't want puddling of juice on the top.

HeadLikeOrange

ECF Veteran
    Oct 5, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    You won't be using carts for long. I think I was on this forum 3 weeks ago when I first got my eGo asking exactly the same thing. You can refill them when the flavor starts to go, but after a day or so of refilling, the filler material gets sort of stiff and hard. You can wash it under tap water, but it just doesn't last that long. Get yourself some low-res cartomizers and prepare to be blown away.

alamor

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2011
    idaho
    Congrats on the switch!!! I remember back in March, when I decided to make the switch I had the exact same questions. I used the Carts with the atties for about 3 months. I then switched to the Boge carto's for awhile, but I finally upgraded to the 3.5ml XXXL clear carto's. They are LR and you can go over half a day without having to refill them with the exception of maybe topping them off every once in awhile to keep the filler wet. They are a little more expensive ( approx. 2.50ea.) But well worth it in my opinon. Good luck on the new chapter in your life!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread