Just got most of my order from V4L, are they working right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirch

Oct 7, 2009
I just received most of my order (I emailed customer service about 3 missing boxes of cartomizers.)

I'm trying a battery and the USB passthrough with some of the freebie carts included with the order.

When I puff, I get a little vapor, when I inhale there is no vapor on exhale (from either, battery or USB PT.)

Is this normal? I've tried a few different carts so far with the same result.

Also, the USB PT is a lot easier to draw than the battery.

I ask because I'm new to this, my only experience being the Smoke Everywhere Gold briefly (I had 1 Cart, it did have vapor on exhale.)

Is there a break-in period on each cartomizer or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I just received most of my order (I emailed customer service about 3 missing boxes of cartomizers.)

I'm trying a battery and the USB passthrough with some of the freebie carts included with the order.

When I puff, I get a little vapor, when I inhale there is no vapor on exhale (from either, battery or USB PT.)

Is this normal? I've tried a few different carts so far with the same result.

Also, the USB PT is a lot easier to draw than the battery.

I ask because I'm new to this, my only experience being the Smoke Everywhere Gold briefly (I had 1 Cart, it did have vapor on exhale.)

Is there a break-in period on each cartomizer or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Slow, steady drags my friend....take a nice primer puff, then a slow inhale. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

:)

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
Welcome Sirch! Sorry about your 3 missing boxes I am sure Steve or Mark will fix you right up!
As far ar the Cart try experimenting with the lightest drags you can do and watch the vapor increase! and yeah on the bats sometimes it take 1 or 3 vapes before you get a nice one going. the carts seem to like being warmed up for the best production.

circeseye

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Modesto
I agree with the above, but what flavor do you have? I once got a whole pack (mint) that produced almost no vapor on exhale, but my primer puffs were visible...

yea i noticed that with the mint too but then it takes a few primers puffs and then nice slow drags and i'll get good vapor. exactly how mint should be anyway nice slow and relaxing :D

Sirch

Oct 7, 2009
Okay, so it's been a few days. My favorite cart by far was the menthol. My other options are peach cobbler, bud, cognac, blueberry, raspberry, coconut, pina colada, and margarita.

I got them Saturday evening, and sometime on Sunday morning the menthol started producing more vapor than before, but it still wasn't a lot.

I just emptied the menthol cart after about 3 days of vaping. It started tasting like burnt marshmallows as someone described. Is that about right for the length of time? I smoke on average about a pack every 4-5 days or so. Since the menthol was only an 11g cart, I think I was using it a little more than I would have smoked.

Anyhow, I emptied the cart by draining it with tissue paper (there wasn't much juice in it) and refilled it with my apple sample they sent me. It's producing a LOT more vapor than it has been so far. It's a noticeable difference.

Also, I got a response back and I placed another order and they are sending the packs of missing carts (was only 2, they randomized my third for me!)

I've got chocolate, cappuccino, mint, and caramel on the way.

My last question is, how often do you guys typically place an order and when you do, how large is it? Do you buy more ejuice than carts or just carts?

Thanks again for all the help! These forums are great!

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
HI Sirch :) Glad things are working out better for you now:) For each person the carts last about a different amount of time depending on how much you vape. People new to vaping also tend to Vape more at first as they are learnign how it affects them and what strength of carts to use. Also your nicotine intkake is not instantanous like analog cigarettes so the slow and long pulls help out with this as well :) ( takes about a minute or 2 ) a simple rule of thumb is each cart last aprox as long as one pack of analogs at your proper strength.
I personally like the mint beter then the menthol And i think you will enjoy that one :)
In answer to your last question, personally I only spend as much as I would have per week on analogs ( including shipping) and still I seem to have a very nice stash adding up. On average, I buy 1 thing of carts and 6 5 mls of juice per week but each person is different and what you want to do also makes a big difference. Such as if you want to refill carts all the time, some of the time, or not at all. And of course none of us know what the FDA is going to rule on this and what availibility there will be after that so I think alof of people are stocking up for that as well. Also friends and family love these things! And if it helps you you might find yourself loaning out your carts and bats to share the benifits, and so you might want to have extras on hand just for that!
Hope this helps!

Conifer

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Arkansas
I started ordering at the end of Sept. and the 4rth order is in the mail now. Initially it was about batteries and quickly discovering what flavor would satisfy (coffee) and stocking up on it due to the potential of a ban. Now that that is done, I am branching out and trying other flavors.

I also ordered some 901 atomizers (14 of them) and blank carts in the beginning from another site since they can be used on the VK batteries. I have used one 901 maybe 3 times and there is just no comparison what so ever with the VK cartomizers. I almost feel silly now for spending all that cash on the 901s. Fear and paranoia can make you do strange things.

I have started washing and refilling regularly now. I would suggest that even if you don't want to do that, that you hold on to your old carts as you never know when you may want to try it.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I have a neighbor thats become awfully friendly since I started ecigs.I lent her an 801 and a charger and a few carts.Then I told her to check out V4L.I told her she would love it! She keeps eyeballing my carts.I let her try it,She drives a fancy car and eats out every night.I have 3 kids and an 86 mini van.BUY YOUR OWN!!!!!!!How nice can I be??She has more $ than god.

Last edited:

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Usually I share everything,But Until I order more,These cartos are mine.They were a gift.Its the best gift Ive gotten in a very long time.Call me greedy,but I want to enjoy them,And I am enjoying them very much!!...Plus,after sucking on that 801 for a while she will love V4L cartos as much as I do.

All I have to say is keep watching the mail Keyzygirl! You just might have something else on the way... ;)

Fiberweaver

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
IL
"I have started washing and refilling regularly now. I would suggest that even if you don't want to do that, that you hold on to your old carts as you never know when you may want to try it."

Couple of Cart questions and 1 battery question, plus 1 more..

How long will a new cart be good for?

After you use a cart just how long will they stay good for if you do not refill it?

Do they have to be moist for that length of time?

If you leave the caps off would that totally dry them out and make them useless?

How long will a battery stay charged for if just stored?

So where are e-cigs at with the Feds? Looking like they will stop the sale of them or what?

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
"I have started washing and refilling regularly now. I would suggest that even if you don't want to do that, that you hold on to your old carts as you never know when you may want to try it."

Couple of Cart questions and 1 battery question, plus 1 more..

How long will a new cart be good for?

This will vary according to how much you vape. I usually go through 1 1/2 to 2 per day.

After you use a cart just how long will they stay good for if you do not refill it?

I don't think that they will go bad, I usually refill once or twice, vape them, then plug them back up and toss them into a coffee can to reuse in case of prohibition (which I highly doubt will happen by the way.)

Do they have to be moist for that length of time?

I don't vape them dry and I put the plugs back on to help keep them fresh.

If you leave the caps off would that totally dry them out and make them useless?

I doubt it, but why take a chance? If I decide to switch flavors before finishing a carto, I plug them back up and put them in a cup. Then when I am in the mood for that flavor again, I just grab it, drop about 6 drops of juice in it and off I go.

How long will a battery stay charged for if just stored?

Can't say for sure, but I had a battery sit for at least a week (my poor autos are so ignored now that I have the manuals!) and I decided to give it a charge, but the charger showed it was already fully charged.

So where are e-cigs at with the Feds? Looking like they will stop the sale of them or what?

I seriously doubt it. But as Steve says, where there is a will there is a way and he will figure out how to get us our stuff. Having dealt with him, I believe it! ;)

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread