Just got my first 510! But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Treasure Coast, FL
....I have to wait 8 hours for it to charge 8-o It looks so cool and I really think I'll like this better way of 'smoking'! Now I'm going to be looking into those PCC's cus I want to have a fully charged ecig all the time! Thanks to the folks at awesomevapor!

You don't need to wait 8 hours. When the led turns green you are good to go. Your first charge may not last as long as advertized, but after the second charge you should be OK.

Jersey Devil

Sep 24, 2009
New Jersey
Patience ... patience (lol)

Definitely get a PCC without delay. The 510's don't hold a charge for long (maybe an hour and a half for me), so you'll need to trade them out frequently. The PCC is really slick!

Got my 510 today, my first e-cig, and the battery has lasted me all afternoon so far, about 6 hours. I was a 2 pack a day analog smoker so I've been pleasantly surprised so far by how long the battery charge has lasted.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
You don't need to wait 8 hours. When the led turns green you are good to go. Your first charge may not last as long as advertized, but after the second charge you should be OK.
Well the instructions did say to charge for 8 hours...but it's been charging for an hour, so i just took my first hit and it's GOOD! Oh hell yes i think I'm going to LOVE this!!!

TrashbagJesus

Aug 30, 2009
U.S.
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days."[/FONT]
-BatteryUniversity.com

Charging lithium-ion batteries

Happy vaping :)

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Okay, I just received my 510 TITAN E-NI...It appears uncharged and when reading the directions (in a bit of broken English, China) I am not sure I have "set it up" correctly to charge. The pictures don't match the charger they sent me, the battery seems to just float in a hole...the charger when plugged in had green light and remained green when I put the battery in...I'm embarassed I can't figure this out, don't want to wait 8 hours to find it uncharged! I have the Green Smoke brand as well and I love it, am new and was looking forward to trying another kind. HELP!

Eloc187

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Independence, Missouri
Donnellyk on the 510 you just screw it into the wall charger to get it to charge if you have it screwed all the way on and it still remains green then it is already charged. Just got my 510 5 days ago and love it. Recommend buying the PCC (personal charging case) as well as a USB Passthrough for it as well since the PCC charges up and will charge one batter as it is stored in it on the move plus keeps one atty and 2 carts. The passthrough is good if you spend a lot of time on a computer at work or home no need for batteries and you can get a cig. lighter adapter for the car that it will plug into. I didn't let one of the batteries charge for 8 hours the first time only till the light turned green and let the other charge over night. Both only last around 2 hours of heavy vapping since I was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker for 14 years and never went a day without one since I started but the day I got this I haven't had a analog since. I love the 510 has changed my life and I never thought I would ever be able to stop smoking!!!

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
Donnellyk on the 510 you just screw it into the wall charger to get it to charge if you have it screwed all the way on and it still remains green then it is already charged. Just got my 510 5 days ago and love it. Recommend buying the PCC (personal charging case) as well as a USB Passthrough for it as well since the PCC charges up and will charge one batter as it is stored in it on the move plus keeps one atty and 2 carts. The passthrough is good if you spend a lot of time on a computer at work or home no need for batteries and you can get a cig. lighter adapter for the car that it will plug into. I didn't let one of the batteries charge for 8 hours the first time only till the light turned green and let the other charge over night. Both only last around 2 hours of heavy vapping since I was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker for 14 years and never went a day without one since I started but the day I got this I haven't had a analog since. I love the 510 has changed my life and I never thought I would ever be able to stop smoking!!!

Yeah, you have to screw it into the charger. You DON'T have to charge it for 8 hours. Lithium Ion batteries don't need this (that's what we have), but the old rechargeable nickel batteries (that e-cigs never had as far as I know) did. This instruction is left over from that. If it's green when screwed in, you're good to go. If you get a passthrough, get the Puresmoker Passthrough. It costs a bit more than the standard, but it's built incredibly well and you can get a taste of 5v vaping for a low cost. If you buy a USB wall charger you can plug it into that as well, so the only time you can't use the 5v will be if you're away from a plug. I don't want to sound like one of the "high volt heroes", but I have to recommend it over the regular PT.

Last edited:

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
Got my 510 today, my first e-cig, and the battery has lasted me all afternoon so far, about 6 hours. I was a 2 pack a day analog smoker so I've been pleasantly surprised so far by how long the battery charge has lasted.
Mine last about like that, unless I'm chain vaping. 2 batteries will make it through my 11 hour school day without a problem.

Gratz on the 510. I've had mine for almost 10 weeks, and I am still in love. I'm sure you will continue to love yours

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
Mine last about like that, unless I'm chain vaping. 2 batteries will make it through my 11 hour school day without a problem.

Gratz on the 510. I've had mine for almost 10 weeks, and I am still in love. I'm sure you will continue to love yours

"Chain vaping" and getting 11 hours from 2 510 batteries. I think we need to come up with some sort of standard for terms like "chain vaping". I get 45 mins-1 hr tops from a 510 battery--and I still have plenty of time to complete my daily responsibilities.

D

darth väper

I just got my 510 and absolutely LOVE IT! Question is, what is this jiuce I see everyone talking about? I don't want to have to continue buying cartridges every week. Is there a juice I can buy that I put a few drops in a dry cartridge? If so, what is the best kind and where do I get it?

Thanks!

just google 'e-liquid' there are plenty of places to get your liquid to do your own refills rather than buying the pre-filled carts (they will get expensive if you go that route) Totally Wicked and Rocky Mountain Vapor are good points of reference. I personally have just started making my own concoctions using unflavored 60mg juice and cutting it with VG along with some Lorann Oils for a nice flavor...

Your best bet would be to just hang on to the carts that came along with your kit and re-stuff them with either poly-fil or teabags (there are tutorials for both on how to do that) and then fill them with the juice of your choosing. I have tried both poly-fil and the teabag method and found them to work well with the exception of teabags holding onto a lot of liquid which I find wasteful..I normally just carry a small bottle or two with me and direct-drip onto the atomizer (2-3 drops for about 5 good hits) which is essentially the same as 'topping off' a filled cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread