Just got my M403 kit...anddd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenII

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Chicago
Good call Gatsby...it really is hard to tell how long a battery will last. I mean, for me...I don't have much of a problem with my M403...but I'm bouncing between the ecig and analogs for now. I'm more trying to judge when to refil the cart...how long it lasts, what to do to take care of the atty, how to clean it...etc. I guess for the time being I'm more focused on the functionality of the ecig as opposed to it life saving aspect...for now.

As for the charger...I didn't think of it like that, but that makes sense...I'll have to take my charger apart to see if I could redesign the circuit to make it more efficient in terms of voltage sensing, charge cut off, etc.

See, most Li-Ion batteries have a built in circuit that protect the battery from over charge, I doubt they were able to fit that into the ecig battery...I'm hoping that the charger has that built-in. If not, I'll try to redesign, and post feedback to help others prolong the life of their batteries.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
As far as carts and cleaning are concerned, I don't bother with carts for the 401s. I keep liquid in a contact case and dip the exposed atomizer in until it stops soaking any up and go from there. Each dip is pretty close to equivalent to 1 cigarette (at least it seems to be now) an that way I travel with a contact case and a spare battery or two and Im good. When I notice that the atomizer discolors the liquid or leaves some sediment I rinse it through with hot tap water. Afterward I blow them out and let them drain. Every once and a while I will put a quarter cap of white vinegar in a mug and fill the rest with hot water before I rinse. I also remove the atomizers before I go to bed and let them drain over night every night. I haven't lost one yet so as far as I know its working. What I think some folks forget about is wiping the threads and the contact points on the battery and even hitting the chargers with a q-tip every once and a while. All pretty simple basic stuff but so far All my gear has survived.

Also check the 401 section of the forum for more info:
M-401/402 "Mini" - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

RavenII

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Chicago
I killed an atty?....wow. I killed an atty! Oh well, I'm just going to stock pile these things. - False alarm. I soaked the atty in water and blew it out, let it dry...didn't prime it with fluid. Whooops....

Getting consistency is difficult. Sometimes, a LOT of flavor, sometimes not SO much, sometimes great throat hit, sometimes non-existant...I'll figure this all out eventually.

Thanks for the tips Gatsby.

Last edited:

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I killed an atty?....wow. I killed an atty! Oh well, I'm just going to stock pile these things. - False alarm. I soaked the atty in water and blew it out, let it dry...didn't prime it with fluid. Whooops....

Getting consistency is difficult. Sometimes, a LOT of flavor, sometimes not SO much, sometimes great throat hit, sometimes non-existant...I'll figure this all out eventually.

Thanks for the tips Gatsby.

Sorry, I should have warned you about that. After you clean them (make sure you let them dry overnight and then you do have to prime them with fluid again (I usually go with a few drops a couple of quick puffs and then let it soak all it can).

All of these units require a break in period to really work right. Add to that each different type requires a little different touch to reach its potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread