Just got my M403 kit...anddd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenII

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Chicago
I might just use this thread for my thoughts as a mini blog type deal...just to share my thoughts and feelings on Ecigs...could possibly help others to get an idea of what to expect?

Initial impressions....from a 25yo pack to pack and a half a day smoker (Marlboro Lights)

Draw on the M40x is...much like a real cigarette...don't need to make a fish face. I thought you had to suck on these things like a 2 dollar...well, I won't go there.

I'm using WYS tobacco as mentioned above, anddd...I don't know if I dig the tobacco flavor. I'm going to stock up on eliquidplanet juices...I've read nothing but good. They seem like cool cats.

I was so excited about getting my ecig, I celebrated by having a real cig...

I'm starting to think that, although it's nice to have a ecig which is the same size as my analogs...I probably need to carry 4 batts with me...one to use, 3 as backup. But, I don't know yet since I've literally had it for only about 35 minutes....so we'll see how that goes.

more later.

ShMiGgY

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
yeah, i'm not too big on the red/green flashing either.. It seems like the longer you leave it on, the faster it blinks (not sure if that means it has more charge that way or not)...

If you don't want to have to take 3 or 4 batteries with you every day, i'd suggest getting 401 batteries (i just ordered some backups from Ruyan (stainless/chrome), 10 bucks each, and they work great. I can get a whole day off of one batt, always have another on charge at home, usually only really need 1.5 batteries for a whole 24 hours, but only need one actually on my person. Definitely will want the larger battery, the one you have is 100mAh,, the 401 is 200, should last almos twice as long..

RavenII

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Chicago
I don't really mind the 403 batts...although I think my next order, I'm going to get a 401 as well...just for backup. Yeah, the charger thing is strange.

Further observations with my M403.

I don't like WYS tobacco flavor at all...my I don't know if this is JUST WYS or any brands tobacco flavor. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly it tasted like...until my girlfriend said..."Is that supposed to be Lipton Iced Tea flavored or something?"...BINGO! It smells and tastes the way iced tea does...throat hit...almost non existant. Then again I don't know if I'm doing any of this right.

I've already had a healthy dose of the liquid ooze into my mouth...wow, is that a ****ty feeling. Did I put entirely too much? I gotta read up on how much liquid drops fill a cart, and how long it lasts...

Another thing...it seems as if though, when I'm taking a drag, the LED seems to go dim/bright/dim/bright....maybe the pull on it is a little bit harder than I initially thought?

Eliquid Planet's Whiskey and Marlboro flavors on their way...

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
I was introduced to PVs with an M403. Really appreciated its vaping characteristics and unobtrusiveness, but the atomizer only lasted 2-1/2 weeks. Switched to a DSE 901 and have been using it for 5 weeks, but never happy with its inconsistent vaping taste and quality. A few days ago I received a new M402 and an extra atomizer to revitalize my M403. That extra atomizer has already faltered but come back to life for some reason after I ordered 4 more backups.

With the M series cartridges I find that 5 to 8 drops of liquid will recharge the batting. I let a small pool of liquid remain atop the batting to reprime the atomizer. This works good for me. (Poke the batting cannister up for access. Use a straightened paperclip or the like.)

The DSE 901 has a larger liquid container but I don't think it feeds liquid to the atomizer as well as the M40x does. When the M40x cartridge runs out of gas, it seems the batting is pretty much dry from top to bottom. More efficient than the DSE 901 methinks.

I've yet to have any battery problems with the Ms or the DSE.

Last edited:

RavenII

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Chicago
Thanks for that Unc...yeah, I'm actually pretty happy about this M40x series ecig. I feel like I've made a good choice. Granted I haven't used any other ones...but I'm happy for what this is.

Also, thanks for pointing out the amount of drops. I figured that's what it was...but wanted some input. I have one extra atomizer, plus one on the way...

One more thing I was wondering...how often should someone clean their atty?

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
The 'care and feeding' of attys has generated some diverse and interesting discussions on this forum. I'm as curious as any other newbie as to how or what atty maintenance is recommended but end up more confused than informed by the info presented here.

I'm thinking a good soaking in donkey urine followed by a druid wand flick or two might do the trick.

ShMiGgY

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
they rock :), at least from Ruyan they do. I've not had one part go bad yet. Once you get the charger's, etc. out of the way, you can piece together your own atty's and batts on the cheap.

My new Chrome with black tip 401 came to a whopping 17 dollars, for a new e-cig... works a charm. I like mixing and matching colors too, one day i'll do the silver band, next an all black, next a chrome on black, etc. etc... gets kinda fun actually...

When i see those 403's put together, i can only think "how long does that actually last??".. I guess the 401 batts have me a little spoiled...

RavenII

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Chicago
To tell you the truth?...I don't know how to guage it...Do people add up cumulative time? or in total for instance, vape 4 minutes, in pocket for 40 minutes = 44 minutes of battery life? If it's the latter...I always have one of the 2 batteries in the USB charger in my car, they last about an hour or so.

Personal notes...

Having a bum battery really blows...but I'm REALLY loving vaping. I've made a pack last almost 2 full days.

I got my Whiskey and Marb from Eliquid planet, and the whiskey is phenomenal. I mean, dead on. The Marb?...tasts much like my WYS tobacco...

Speaking of which, I bought NOW VG from wholefoods, and cut my 18mg Tobacco WYS liquid in the 3ml bottle...5/8:3/8 and WOW! does that do some damn justice to the vape AND throat hit...I really think I'm going to get into making my own juice.

More later.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
To tell you the truth?...I don't know how to guage it...Do people add up cumulative time? or in total for instance, vape 4 minutes, in pocket for 40 minutes = 44 minutes of battery life? If it's the latter...I always have one of the 2 batteries in the USB charger in my car, they last about an hour or so.

This is why I have gone to puff counts to judge batteries, because amount of time seems way too dependent on personal style and habits. I found that compared to a 510 the 4081 gets twice the number of puffs, a 401 gets about 2 and half more and a penstyle gets 3 times more. I have never seen the benefit to shorter M style batteries so I don't know what a 402 or 403 gets.

BTW the charge issue you are having is normal. Its how these chargers protect form over charging. When they hit full charge they let they stop for a second and then charge it back up and so on. It gives the strange random looking blinks from green to red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread