Just got my Magneto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
So it came in today's vapemail and of course I was vaping on it in short order. I had some concern that it might not fire my AGA-T2 out of the box, but my fears were quickly allayed, it performed like a champ. The only negative is that the bottom button makes a scritchy-scratchy sound when pushed and the button throw is a bit rough. I think it needs a couple drops of 3 in 1 oil....

Has anyone else's Magneto button been like this? Doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
A bit of advice for finding the Noalox at Home Depot...

I looked it up online and wrote down the item number. When I went to the store I had them look up the location in their system and help me find it. Good thing- it was a tiny tube on an aisle full of electrical gadgets and gizmos. I never would have found it on my own! :)

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
My bottom fire button is smooth as butter as are the threads. The only thing to look out for is when I fire I twist the botton I guess cuz it fell off but I screwed it back on no problem... I love my magneto.. If u dont mind posting what u paid for it I would like to see if mine was a good price.

I got it for $35 plus shipping, which came out to $37.xx from Louisiana to Florida, and I got it in 3 days.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
A bit of advice for finding the Noalox at Home Depot...

I looked it up online and wrote down the item number. When I went to the store I had them look up the location in their system and help me find it. Good thing- it was a tiny tube on an aisle full of electrical gadgets and gizmos. I never would have found it on my own! :)

I had this same experience at Lowe's and did the exact same thing! I was shocked that none of the associates, even the older buzzard in hardware, ever heard of it! Just like you said, it was a teeny-tiny box on a little hidden-away shelf. Oh, and one tube will last a lifetime.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I bought a Magneto as my first mech mod about a month ago. Ive really like it. In fact I think im going to use mechs with a kick exclusivly now. They look far better than mods with displays and buttons IMO.
As far as Noalox goes,, I dont use it. All my mods had scratchy, crunchy and squeaky threads at first. If you have some patients and just use it for a week or two the threads will fix themselves naturally. All my threads are now smooth as butter now.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
I got it for $35 plus shipping, which came out to $37.xx from Louisiana to Florida, and I got it in 3 days.

Thats about what I payed for it. Just ordered one. I use protected 18650's that are 68.7 mm long. But someone said they were able to get an IMR in there as well as a kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread