Just got my Titan Mega 510 from TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
StrictlyEJuice states that eir Megas aren't made by Joye.. although they won't specifically state who their manufacturer is. It appears to me that it is probably SLB... but I'm not 100% sure.

My concern (at this time) would be that the Strictly Megas have the same "sticking on" problem as their standard 510 "knock off" batteries do....

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
I noticed a few people in this thread saying they can puff for hours. I just received a Titan 510 from TW a couple of days ago and I can only get about 3-4 decent puffs before the vapor is practically non-existent.

Is it true you have to continue to top off constantly? Is there possibly something I'm doing wrong?
Maybe not enough juice in the cart and/or atty?

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I noticed a few people in this thread saying they can puff for hours. I just received a Titan 510 from TW a couple of days ago and I can only get about 3-4 decent puffs before the vapor is practically non-existent.

Is it true you have to continue to top off constantly? Is there possibly something I'm doing wrong?
Probably not, they are prone to acting up. Although this is the most extreme case I've heard of.

lowkickqop

Moved On
Nov 9, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: suspected supplier affiliate

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Are there knock off mega batteries in existance yet?

StrictlyEJuice states that eir Megas aren't made by Joye.. although they won't specifically state who their manufacturer is. It appears to me that it is probably SLB... but I'm not 100% sure.

My concern (at this time) would be that the Strictly Megas have the same "sticking on" problem as their standard 510 "knock off" batteries do....
It would appear so, if they are saying that they are not Joye

BigBaddBossyDogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
My one and probably only ever experience with the 510 kit from strictlyejuice is not a particularly happy one. My batteries aren't mega, though.

Both batteries in my red SEJ kit stick. This is not something you want to fool around with if you're prone to laying it down and walking away. The LED does not stay on, and it doesn't always sizzle when it sticks.

Also, it's nearly impossible to keep the cart topped off. These things suck down juice like there's no tomorrow. After a few puffs, there is a burnt taste, but it's not like a burnt atomizer/primer taste.

strictlyejuice has finally announced their cigs are not the real thing. I don't have a problem with knockoffs, but I do have a problem with knockoffs that don't work as they are intended to work. I've asked for a refund. I'm not interested in replacement parts. Two bad units in one kit does not inspire confidence.

I have been extremely happy with both my regulars and megas from Totally Wicked. When they had their 30% sale, I loaded up. I got the red kit from strictlyejuice only because I'm addicted to anything red. When Totally Wicked comes out with red, my life will be complete.

It's not my intent to bash a company. I do think, though, that a warning about sticking battery buttons should be paid heed.

I'll let you all know how they handle my request for a refund.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I just ordered a mega battery from strictyejuice.com I don't beleieve it's made by slb because when looking closely at the picture the manual button looks different than the L2 batteries. I'll report back when I get it.

Are there knock off mega batteries in existance yet?

Puhlease.... you can't tell anything from the picture on their web page.. and they clearly state that the batteries aren't made by Joye.

mega%20batteries.jpg

Probably not, they are prone to acting up. Although this is the most extreme case I've heard of.

Sorry - I might have hijacked another thread with this type of question. Maybe I need to post this in the noob section. I did find that making a mod of the PTB mod significantly improved the amount of time the vapor lasts - close to an hour now so far. That is a huge improvement. I used a Mighty Leaf teabag and left the stringy lining on it. It seems to help wick it better.

Thanks

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Sorry - I might have hijacked another thread with this type of question. Maybe I need to post this in the noob section. I did find that making a mod of the PTB mod significantly improved the amount of time the vapor lasts - close to an hour now so far. That is a huge improvement. I used a Mighty Leaf teabag and left the stringy lining on it. It seems to help wick it better.

Thanks

Not to wander off on a tangent (probably too late).. but the PTB works so well because the Pyramid Tea Bags are made from a special material.. generally not found in other tea bags. Not sure what a "Mighty Leaf" is.. but if the bag isn't made out of what feels like a plastic material... don't know what you're vaping.

lowkickqop

Moved On
Nov 9, 2009
I still have'nt decided if I am going to be a guinea pig or not for this product yet, great price if they don't stick. I read your post about the batteries giving .3 more volts this on a mega would be nice. Just as long as they don't stick. And sorry if I fooled you, wasn't trying too just saw the price and passed it along I wish I would have known the battery had a sticking issue. I really hope they get this resolved quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread