KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: spamming for post count
Hello all,
First, a little about me: I smoked off and on for 12 years socially at first then for the last 7 years I got up to 1.5 packs of reds per day. YIKES!! When cigs got to $9+ per pack I decided it was time to quit.
I originally started vaping as a way to quit smoking because I was sick of smelling like an ashtray. Now I don't think I'll ever quit vaping :D. Been smoke free for 9 months.
Disclaimer: this is purely my opinion and solely based on my limited experiences thus far. Take the info and do what you will with it, I've now converted 7 co-workers to e-cigs based on my experiences.

Some things I've tried:
Green Nicotine- First attempt at smoking cessation. Worked ok till I had a stressful day at work, = back to analogs for 9 months= fail for me

Joyetech Ego C starter kit 600mah from FSUSA- This kit had everything I needed as a brand new vaper: 2 batteries, charger, 5 atomizer heads, little plastic tanks for filling, instructions, and a little sleeve to keep the ecigs in. You can clean the atomizer heads in 70% or higher rubbing alcohol or everclear to change flavors. (some flavors like cinnamon stick around forever) I'm lucky in that I live in a town that has a store that I was able to go in and try batteries, flavors etc, otherwise I may never have purchased at all. I bought 5 flavors at 18mg 50/50 pg/vg, based on the recommendation of the super helpful staff there. They sell a 5 pack of 5ml juice for $15, and a drip tip. I was told that based on my smoking habits I could expect to go through a 5ml bottle in approx 5-7 days. All in all I I liked the ego-c but I HATED!! dripping, hence my next trial.

Ego Clearomizers with 900mah batteries = Much better; longer battery life, all day vaping without dripping, cute purple tanks. You fill the tanks But replacing the clearomizers for each flavor as the wicks hold flavor even with cleaning in hot water. You cannot clean these with rubbing alcohol (I have 30+ bottles of various flavors of juice in a box on my coffee table) was getting to be just as costly as smoking analogs.

Next: on to a replaceable head version (V2) clearomizer with a 1000mah battery. This allowed me to change the "Wicks" which are actually atomizer heads on the "guts" of the unit. The batteries are all interchangeable allowing me to use the smaller batteries (they all have an ego thread as well as a 510 connection. I did notice that with some of the "sour" flavors that the polycarbonate tanks were cracking.
Next: Ego twist- adjustable voltage from 3.2 to 4.8 this allows for stronger hits. (The standard ego batteries had 3.7v) I also purchased an ego pass through battery which has the option of switching from 3.7v to 4.2v so that when I'm working at my computer I can plug in and not have to worry about draining my batteries.

Then came the big boy....I was introduced to the variable voltage world through the Ego twist. (Choir of angels singing) I tried (in the store) a FSUSA eagle and a SmokTech VMax, both of which adjust from 3.0v to 6.0v (ego is a set 3.7v). I ultimately purchased the VMax. Loved it until I broke it :facepalm: so I bought another (I'm much more careful with this one) I now vape on DCT Tanks and the ViVi nova which has a thicker polycarbonate tank than the V2 tanks allowing me to use sour flavors without cracking.

Unfortunately I've outgrown what my home store has to offer so I've branched out to the forums. Hope this helped someone. =)

gavind4

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
(N. Phila.) Levittown pa usa
i bought a k-go kit from hoosier and using the t-3's that a real smart guy hooked me up with

i prefer posting over viewing , but thank you anyways

what is this vv i am reading about

what is the difference between cleromizers and cartomisers??????

Welcome to all! If it's clear you might be able to see how much juice you don't have when you vape it all gone. AND A REPLY COUNTS AS A POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread