just now found Reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
im unsure what rock i was hiding under, but i have just now found out about Reo. I was interested in getting a kick for my bolt(V4L OMG All Day). while searching found yall. So this weekend i will most likely be ordering one. had a question thou and i am very sorry if it had already been asked. i looked a bit and couldnt find it, but it is 5:30am and i should be sleeping. lol does it come with a bottle or do i have to get that seperate? also how hard is it to change flavors, other than a new atty/cart? reason i ask is it look like the tube that comes out of the bottle would be hard to clean.

thanks for any help

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
REO's are so easy to change flavors! If I don't want flavors to mix I just hold the REO upside down with the atty off and blow the juice out of the tubing. Then wipe any from the drip well. Mostly I just pop on another bottle and let the flavor mix for the first few hits.

You get a two bottles with a REO purchase. It is nice to get extras, they are available for purchase on the reosmods site.

You will love the hassle free vaping a REO provides!

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
You won't be sorry about a REO purchase I can promise that.

They come with two bottles and honestly I only ever use one. I don't change flavors often but its pretty easy.
I pull the bottle off and and atty/carto off then blow down through the hose into a paper towel.
Thats enough to get it clear enough for me.

Good choice on a Grand its a real workhorse and the most versatile in the REO line IMHO.
Make sure you get the little nylon button topper for the fire button it makes it much much nicer for just a couple bucks.

Post up some pics and your impressions when it arrives.

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
I sure will. can't sleep so now I am reading as much as I can here about them. I never thought I would like a bottom feeder but this really looks very very nice, and being able to put a kick in is the kicker(pun intended lol) Now I am unsure I want to get one that is in stock or wait for a 2 color Grand. Or I suppose I could just get the orange and a black one and switch doors, lol.

Another couple questions. I will most likely be using cartos on it. Now would I fill the carto like normal and then just push the bottle to basically top off the carto? Or is it better to just put a little bit in the carto and fill by pushing the bottle? I don't see why it would matter if I just filled the carto first, but figured I would ask.

Also I am assuming With the kick a 18500 battery fits? Or do I have to get use a 18490. I just know usually a 18650 mod takes a 18500 when adding a kick.

thanks everyone for the great and very quick input!

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
I use cartos and I just sqounk it a few times and draw on it to load the carto (without firing it). I try to let it sit for a minute before firing it. When you first load a carto you need to be more careful to not let it get dried out. I used to pre-load them but this method seems to work better.

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
As someone already stated, some juice flavors can be hard to get rid of. I had an issue a while back switching from a sweet fruity juice to a tobacco juice. Sometimes the flavor seeps into the plastic bottle and tube and no matter what it stays, but bottles and tubes are easy and cheap to replace. I keep all my old ones if I ever decide to go back to that flavor, really not that big of a deal.

Batteries: I only use the AW brand batteries. I used the 18490 with my Kick grand with great results. AW is the go-to brand for vaping.

Cartos: I aways pre-fill them. Prevents accidentally burning the filler right off the bat, I then top it off every so often, but not nearly as often as attys.

Attys: I was once a firm lover of cartos on the Reo. I always had a ton of issues with attys, but I stuck with it. Im over 1 month of use on a single HH357 atty and its still going strong. It took me a while to learn to use it properly, but I was tired of throwing cartos out every 3-4 days.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Before I got my Chalice rebuildable atomizer, I used cartos all the time - they're great on the REO's. I liked the shorty SmokTech 1.7-ohm cartos, since they don't require pre-filling - just squonk and go.

You may also want to order a couple of spare battery springs, too. In the event of a short, the spring collapses and needs to be replaced (a simple fix). Make sure not to over-tighten cartos or atty's, and make sure the connector pin on the carto/atty is not sticking out too far. That and over-tightening (which crushes the isolator gasket) are usually the primary contributors to a short. Hope you enjoy your REO as much as I do!

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow thanks for all the great responses. I use only Efest imr batteries in all my devices. I got 18650's, 18500's and 18350s. All flat top though? Will that matter? I do want to get some AWs soon, to compare, so if flat top won't work it will be a good excuse to get some, lol. Also i plan, for now, to only use 18500s with a kick so keep that in mind. Either way I am excited to get my Reo Grand. Gonna order tomorrow morning. Should be a nice addition to my collection! After I get my Zmax I'm sure a VV Grand will be ordered soon after!

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Another question. Will the kick fit in the Reo Mini 2.0 - 18490, obviously with a 18350? looking for a nice small mod. battery life doesn't matter too much for what I am thinking for this. Just something small I can carry at work or when I am out and about. I love my VV gripper for that, but it is a little big and well plastic. Ordering a Reo Grand first, but just thought that a nice small one of these with a kick would be awesome.

and as usual I am sorry if this has been answered already, but right now I only have a couple minutes online so I couldn't search. yay for e-mail notifications on my phone! :)

and thank you again to everyone for the great hospitality! defiantly helped with my decision to get a Reo Mod!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread