Just ordered a Atom APV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZTKT

Verified Member
May 8, 2013
United States
www.youtube.com
I'm currently on a pre order for a co op buy for this mod. Looks nice!
Gonna be a little while before I get mine.

I own a handful of Pinoy mods and the RAI Launcher seems to hit the hardest out of the Nozonic v1, Nzonic V3, Titan, and Sentinel. The Sentinel did hit hardest with the silver plated contacts..Could probably use a cleaning to bring up it's performance.

power685

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
south jersey
Well, Im a very happy vaper. Atom arrived today. Im new to mods, but not to quality workmanship,fit and finish. Im a avid high end knife enthusiest, watch guy and admirer of all thing of percision manufacture. This mod is very well built and very thought out.It is extreamly small, even in 18650 mode.Theads perfect and all fit and finish is amazing.Top cap air channels are outstanding.Ample venting , and switch feels very smooth, easy ,and a very short throw. Its beautiful and elegant, yey feels rock solid in hand.Its my first bottom button mod, and Im starting to get use to it and like it.The lock ring is flawless,easy to use and has a nice 'click' to it when disengauging. I had to train myself to make sue I lock it when I set it down or it will continuosly fire.Dont ask me how I know. Def a keeper even though I much prefere a button placed closer to the head.Vapes awsome and the size is Perfect ! Allthough it was not cheap I think it is worth every penny after handling it.

power685

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
south jersey
Well haven't been able to put the Atom down. It's awsome !! Sooo small. I got an atmizoo roller a few days ago. It very nice. But the atom , for me , seems much more solid. It is also much smaller in 18650 mode by half inch at least. Maching is nicer also. Roller has some sharp edges and atoms edges are very crisp , yet smooth as can be. I can't stress enough how well manufactured the atom is !!

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
@yoyoma
I feel you on the switch I've had mine before the release in the US and we cant seem to find what the problem maybe. we came to the conclusion that the mod is so tiny resulting in using much less material so there isnt a great area of grounding in this mod. the thicker the mod the better grounding. since the switch is small and thin there's a lot more of a chance for the electric current to pass through the walls and out to your finger. I love this mod it hits like no other mod especially with the trident RDA but after awhile I feel that its more of a burden especially at sub ohms .3-.9

xamxela

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Valparaiso
To the people talking about the ATOMs hotbutton issues...

I got mine from Vapure and had the same problem, took the center pin out an sanded off the layer of dirt, and did the same with the firing switch and now im not experiencing any issues, currently running a .5 dual in a nimbus. did a quad coil at .3 the other night for ....s and giggles, and didn't have an issue.

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
To the people talking about the ATOMs hotbutton issues...

I got mine from Vapure and had the same problem, took the center pin out an sanded off the layer of dirt, and did the same with the firing switch and now im not experiencing any issues, currently running a .5 dual in a nimbus. did a quad coil at .3 the other night for ....s and giggles, and didn't have an issue.

Did this and it helped greatly. Although ive noticed issues with my Atom. It works phenomenally with my AGI Hybrid yet with my RDA's it is seems to not work as well. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? Ive tried fresh batteries as well as rebuilding my coils but no luck. Dont get me wrong, it still hits great with both my nimbus and IGO-W but i feel like i should be noticing an improvement from a k100 or a sentinel clone and it seems almost the opposite.

Seems like once i get the coil heated up after blowing out for a few seconds (much longer than usual) it seems to be fine. Then it cools down again and the issue starts all over again.

Any help would be great.

xamxela

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Valparaiso
Did this and it helped greatly. Although ive noticed issues with my Atom. It works phenomenally with my AGI Hybrid yet with my RDA's it is seems to not work as well. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? Ive tried fresh batteries as well as rebuilding my coils but no luck. Dont get me wrong, it still hits great with both my nimbus and IGO-W but i feel like i should be noticing an improvement from a k100 or a sentinel clone and it seems almost the opposite.

Seems like once i get the coil heated up after blowing out for a few seconds (much longer than usual) it seems to be fine. Then it cools down again and the issue starts all over again.

Any help would be great.

Hrrrrmmmm......

What sort of resistance are you running? I have a .8ohm 28g single micro in my igo-l and a .5ohm 28g dual micro in my nimbus and they fire off like crazy as soon as I push the button. I have a sentinel clone and a k100 also. I find as far as vapor production the atom gives me a slight bit more, but the flavor and warmth of the vapor is the biggest difference for me. Much warmer and more dense flavor.

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Hrrrrmmmm......

What sort of resistance are you running? I have a .8ohm 28g single micro in my igo-l and a .5ohm 28g dual micro in my nimbus and they fire off like crazy as soon as I push the button. I have a sentinel clone and a k100 also. I find as far as vapor production the atom gives me a slight bit more, but the flavor and warmth of the vapor is the biggest difference for me. Much warmer and more dense flavor.

I dont ahve a resistance measurement tool currently :unsure: I try and build everything like previous builds so that im not dabbling into somewhere dangerous. Going to pick up a meter and some other supplies soon though.
Just tinkered with my coils a bit. Looks like my nimbus was only running off one coil! DOH! Positive contact came undone on one side of the coil and it seems to be firing quite hard now. Still a bit slow to reach full power but that could also be my battery dying. Going to try a micro coil later on today to see if that gives me some better results.

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
You definitely need to get something to read your resistance! Especially if you don't have high amp limit batteries. You can get a multimeter at radio shack for around 20 bucks.

If your coil is shorting out the resistance of it can drop dramatically and pull a lot of power. Hope youre using high drain IMR's!

Maybe ill swing by radio shack on my way home from work and grab one. I'm using AW 18490 High Drain IMR's so i think im okay. no issues on any mods except for the atom. Im wondering if maybe i should inspect the contacts some more.

EDIT: Looks like my work stocks multimeters! PS thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread