Just ordered mechanical mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
So, I just ordered a EHPro Sentinel Mod from Madvapes, and I was wondering what type of 18650 Batteries would be the safest to use in this. I plan on buying an IGO W3 RDA or Trident clone. I am not planning on doing any sub-ohm vaping at the moment, but I want to make sure that my battery choice will be safe for it.

Nice! Let's the fun begin! :)
AW or Efest IMR worked fine for me. Just make sure you have right top (either button or flat).

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
yes kendall you can use either style battery. as far as batteries go you want to go with a high drain imr battery you will be fine. best options that wont break the bank but can also handle sub-ohm (even tough you dont need to with a mechanical) are the aw imr's, efest imr's, sony vtc3 ot vtc4 and mnke's.

Mikey6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2013
Bakersfield, CA, USA
This is strictly a guess but I think cosmicspitfire may have meant 0.2 ohm. That puts the amp current at 21, well in the safe zone of a Sony vtc3 or 4 (30 amp ratings).

I am curious as to what the highest amp rating is out there on an 18650. Apparently an employee built a 0.12 ohm coil and was darn proud of it. But that puts the current up at 35 amps, that sounds a bit deadly to me. But I don't know every battery out there so I'm asking if there is a battery that can safely handle that kind of build, or if I should avoid that shop for fear of random explosion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Mikey6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2013
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Well technically if you built your own home brew mod and ran 2 batteries in parallel you would have a 60A burst if you are referring to the Sonys.

OK thanks. I know that it bumps up the voltage but I didn't know it also bumped the amperage capacity. I don't think the guy had a dual though. He didn't really seem to knowledgeable on the topic, just a cloud chaser with no respect for the electricity.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread