18650 Generic Charger Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerronech

Dec 17, 2013
Orange,CT
Hey, I just ordered 18650 TrustFire 2000mah 3.7 volt batteries from ivape.net, and with some stuff that i ordered from fasttech I bought a generic 18650 charger, that charges at .5a and was hoping to use the charger to charge these batteries. I understand that these aren't the best batteries, and that there are better chargers out there but wanted to see if it would be OK to use. I have read all about mechanical mod and battery safety and will only charge them with my presence. So, Is it alright to use this combination if I stay around when charging and ensure that i do not over charge? Also, I will be putting them in a sentinel M16 clone and will not be using any sub ohm builds with it. And I eventually plan on getting a different charger, but is it safe to use in the mean time if handled with responsibility?
Thanks. Christian

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
pull up the specs for the batteries you got. in the specs it will list a max charging current as long as the spec for the max charging current is more than .5 amps or 500 MAH or MA then it should be fine. i always check the batteries to make sure they are not over charged fresh off the charger. if the reading is more than 4.2 volts fresh off the charger then you cant use the charger with the batteries. i run that test a few times until im sure the charger is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread