Just Ordered the Kanger SubTank

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Odessa, thanks for the write-up. like I said, I should have mine tomorrow... and a lemo drop by the end of the week. agreed, the lemo is much more of a hassle to fill than the kanger sub tank. have a good one.

That's awesome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

The Lemo is not only a pain to fill unless you have a magnetic screw driver, but the air adjustment is finiky as well. To adjust the airflow you have to remove the tank constantly. The air adjustment screw is also ridiculously loose. I bunged up the threads on the adjustment screw so it doesn't move easily. My screw was moving with everyday use and even just installed the tank. It took a while to set it where I wanted it.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
That's awesome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

The Lemo is not only a pain to fill unless you have a magnetic screw driver, but the air adjustment is finiky as well. To adjust the airflow you have to remove the tank constantly. The air adjustment screw is also ridiculously loose. I bunged up the threads on the adjustment screw so it doesn't move easily. My screw was moving with everyday use and even just installed the tank. It took a while to set it where I wanted it.

I went into buying the lemo knowing that. lol I believe there is a rubber gasket that you can use to cover the fill hole, so you don't have to mess with the screw. I watched a nice review of it on youtube, and the guy went over all of the pros & cons. thanks, again.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
All I want to know is will this thing produce a better vape with the rba part than a fogger 4.1? 50 bucks can at Canvape.... a fogger is cheaper, is there a point?

Yes, I think there is a big point. There are those who do not want to wrap their own coils for sub ohm vaping or are just getting into building their own coils. With the kanger sub being a hybrid, it allows the user to ease into building their own coils by allowing them to have a back-up with the pre-built ones from kanger. The reviews of the coils from kanger have been very positive, both the .5 & 1.2 ohm.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Well, if it's subpar for rba, then it will just give a bad experience to newbs. The whole reason I went to rba's is so I don't have to buy expensive prebuilt coils. If they made this thing so it performs with the premades, but sucks with rba stuff, then no point. Hope it works, think I'll avoid it.

I don't believe that to be the case after watching many video reviews. PBusardo did a really nice one. Kanger's market for this hybrid wasn't for the experienced vaper (per se) that's been building his own coils for some time; although, It will work for them too.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
They definitely look awesome and I'm only interested in one because of how easy it will be to rebuild the coil heads and the RBA part of it. I think it would be a good thing to have so I don't have to drip all night at work. Kinda annoying.

This is why I got it. If I want to run a stock coil head I can since I'm on the go so much; however, if I want to rebuild it with the RBA part I can as well since I am so used to Kayfun style tanks. This has the best of both worlds and converts easily to one or the other. Filling is a breeze as well. It's really chucking the vapor and I'm not even subohming. I'm really liking this tank.

What really sold me in the end is high juice capacity, looks, RBA side, and adjusting airflow on the go. I really wanted a tank I can quickly change airflow on. If I want more flavor, kill airflow a bit. If I want clouds, open it up. Can't beat it.

Another plus - the 510 connection is spring loaded. Always a good thing.

So far no flooding or gurggling that Kanger is known for and I've vaped thru 1.5 tanks so far. I need to lay down now. Enough vaping for the night.

These coil heads look extremely easy to rebuild. Once I kill a coil head I'll have a go at it - or wait til someone posts a video on it on YouTube. I know the Atlantis coil heads can be rebuilt.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Well, if it's subpar for rba, then it will just give a bad experience to newbs. The whole reason I went to rba's is so I don't have to buy expensive prebuilt coils. If they made this thing so it performs with the premades, but sucks with rba stuff, then no point. Hope it works, think I'll avoid it.

The RBA side gives advanced builders a go; however, they can still use prebuilt coils as well. If the prebuilt coils can be rebuilt, even better!

The deck on this is exactly like a Kayfun deck and the juice channels are deeper then my kayfun which is a plus for us guys who vape 100% VG.

On the stock coil heads, I like how I don't have to prime it before puffing since the wick sits in the juice. I've chain vaped the hell out of this thing and no dry hits.

I want to mention the stock coil heads are wicked with japanese cotton. It came with a baggy of japanese cotton as well. The stock RBA came recoiled with dial coils which is awesome.

This thing chain vaping at 20w is really killing the battery in the iStick though lol oh well. That's what charge thru vaping is for. Can't wait to subohm it!

On a side note, did anyone see the larger juice tank kit for the Atlantis? The 2mL tank was killing it for people so they came out with an 8mL tank. It releases next month. You can top fill this thing which is awesome!!

The Kraigen 8ml Atlantis Tank - Kidney Puncher

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
cool. thanks for the pics.:)

p.s. where did you purchase your subtank from?

Kanger Sub Tank < Discount Vapers have them in stock for $49.99. I ordered one on Sunday night and it already shipped.

I stopped using clearos a while back and mainly use RTA's / RDA's and a REO as my daily driver. Maybe now technology has moved on so much since I was messing with my Vivi novas and Evods that it's time to try a clearo again.

Sometimes I don't want to be bothered messing rebuilding a coil before I leave for work. A clearo that has good flavor and vapor will be a welcome addition to my collection.

I was looking at the Atlantis, but that ceramic polyfil worries me. Main plus point for me is the Kanger has coil heads that are wicked with organic cotton. They also look super-easy to rebuild too.

Busardo's review on youtube is also a great watch if you are on the fence or just want to know more about the pros and cons. Includes a pretty good section with a direct comparison to the Atlantis. Video below.

Thanks for posting up the review and pictures Odessa :thumb:

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Kanger Sub Tank < Discount Vapers have them in stock for $49.99. I ordered one on Sunday night and it already shipped.

I stopped using clearos a while back and mainly use RTA's / RDA's and a REO as my daily driver. Maybe now technology has moved on so much since I was messing with my Vivi novas and Evods that it's time to try a clearo again.

Sometimes I don't want to be bothered messing rebuilding a coil before I leave for work. A clearo that has good flavor and vapor will be a welcome addition to my collection.

I was looking at the Atlantis, but that ceramic polyfil worries me. Main plus point for me is the Kanger has coil heads that are wicked with organic cotton. They also look super-easy to rebuild too.

Busardo's review on youtube is also a great watch if you are on the fence or just want to know more about the pros and cons. Includes a pretty good section with a direct comparison to the Atlantis. Video below.

Thanks for posting up the review and pictures Odessa :thumb:

No problem brother! I am at work so I can't watch the video, but what does he say about the subtank compared to the Atlantis?

BTW - Chain vaping this tank on the 2 hole or 3 hole setting fixes the drip tip getting so hot as described above. I love this tank. It's so nice not having to rebuild a coil at times. If I have down time on the weekends, sure, but on the weekdays its nice to throw in a prebuilt. The vapor and flavor it produces is nice as well. I can also refill it literately in a minute since there are no tools involved.

Pic of it sitting on my work desk on an iStick. You can see the 3 hole settings and the awesome kangertech logo milled into the side of the tank. People make fun of the clouds I'm blowing with this thing. I am getting called "Tommy Chong" today lol

unnamed.jpg

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
No problem brother! I am at work so I can't watch the video, but what does he say about the subtank compared to the Atlantis?

BTW - Chain vaping this tank on the 2 hole or 3 hole setting fixes the drip tip getting so hot as described above. I love this tank. It's so nice not having to rebuild a coil at times. If I have down time on the weekends, sure, but on the weekdays its nice to throw in a prebuilt. The vapor and flavor it produces is nice as well. I can also refill it literately in a minute since there are no tools involved.

Pic of it sitting on my work desk on an iStick. You can see the 3 hole settings and the awesome kangertech logo milled into the side of the tank. People make fun of the clouds I'm blowing with this thing. I am getting called "Tommy Chong" today lol

View attachment 396590

He basically says the vapor production is almost a wash - maybe there is slightly more from the Atlantis, but he also thinks there is slightly more flavor from the Sub.

I think he ends up basically saying they are both terrific and while either one is a great buy (he can't seem to get his head around the fact that he's getting so much performance from clearomizers) he does like the addition of the RTA with the Sub. He also notes the cotton heads and the ease of rebuilding them. He also said he'd been using the RTA section for a couple of days with no dry hits and no leaking.

So on the whole, very positive reviews for both tanks. I think both got strong thumbs up.

By the way, it looks redonkulous on your iStick, I love it :laugh:

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
He basically says the vapor production is almost a wash - maybe there is slightly more from the Atlantis, but he also thinks there is slightly more flavor from the Sub.

I think he ends up basically saying they are both terrific and while either one is a great buy (he can't seem to get his head around the fact that he's getting so much performance from clearomizers) he does like the addition of the RTA with the Sub. He also notes the cotton heads and the ease of rebuilding them. He also said he'd been using the RTA section for a couple of days with no dry hits and no leaking.

So on the whole, very positive reviews for both tanks. I think both got strong thumbs up.

By the way, it looks redonkulous on your iStick, I love it :laugh:

It does, doesn't? lol. The tank is bigger then the dang battery. Waiting on my IPV Mini!!!! Until then, the iStick is my main power supply.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
As promised, here are the pictures. I did these all on iSticks. This is Kayfun vs Subtank and Lemo vs Subtank. As you can see, the Subtank is better then both tanks.

Round 1 : Kayfun vs. Subtank (I have a Lemo drip tip installed on the Subtank in these pics. I'll explain why below.)
View attachment 396437
View attachment 396438
View attachment 396439
View attachment 396440

Round 2 : Lemo vs Subtank. (I have the stock Subtank drip tip installed. Look how much larger bore it is compared to the Lemo's)
View attachment 396441

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: it looks so absurd, its so huge...mine should be here in a week or so, cant wait to see how it looks on my SVD cuz its already so big and clunky looking

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Have you had to clean it?

Oh, and does it work well at 15W with the 1.2 head??

I vaped it straight out of the box with no ill taste of effects. It's going really good and I enjoy it. The only tank I had to clean out of the box was my Kayfun Lite from EHPro as it had oil all over it.

The only complaint I have right now is condensation builds up around the airflow ring. It's annoying to see and causes me to lose grip when wanting to adjust the airflow. See pic below. It's def condensation and not leaking juice.

unnamed (1).jpg

It's also happening on the topcap where the drip tip goes in.

unnamed (2).jpg

I am vaping the 1.2ohm coil, almost chain vaping, at 20watts with no dry hits and it's chucking vapor. I've been through 4 tanks now total on one coil.100% VG Juice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread