Just purchased my protank 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonBourne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Los Angeles
So I just purchased my protank 3 even before I saw pbusardo do a review for it :) I really hope it is everything it claims to be. I should be getting it on Saturday. I definitely will be posting a review for it. I also hope this is the real protank 3 since I didnt see anybody else selling them. I went to kangers website and it was a authorized reseller so hopefully this isnt a clone or knockoff. happy Halloween my fellow vapors :)

f3lix

Oct 30, 2013
Dallas, TX
I don't know how I feel about the protank as a dual coil. All the coils in the world won't do much if it doesn't have the airflow.

Really great point Ranic, they don't seem to be mentioning anything about improved airflow. You would think that would be a major selling point to people who left clears/tanks for RDA/RBA units.

JasonBourne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Los Angeles
I sometimes get confused when people talk about the air issue, only because some people say the protank is too airy and some people say there is no air draw at all. hmm I think different mods will get different air experiences. I also think thats why some people have bought air control flowers. I also read and I myself do this sometimes is not turn it all the way down on my provari.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I sometimes get confused when people talk about the air issue, only because some people say the protank is too airy and some people say there is no air draw at all. hmm I think different mods will get different air experiences. I also think thats why some people have bought air control flowers. I also read and I myself do this sometimes is not turn it all the way down on my provari.

The site you linked to clearly says "pre-sale" and shipping Nov 4th (so far) so by 'getting it on Saturday' I hope you mean a week from this Saturday. :) As to it being the real thing, it clearly says Kanger and shows the Kanger box, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Noticed the note that said the DC heads will not work in previous PTs, and that the old single coil heads won't work in the new PT. To me that's a drawback so I won't be going the PT3 route... plus I got a dual coil dripper and was not impressed with DCs and recoiled it to a SC.

As to draw, the reason there is such a divide between airflow likes and dislikes is due mostly to the two different vaping styles... the direct-to-lungs draw that requires an airy draw to really pull in the vapor directly from the drip tip to the lungs; or the cigarette style vape that draws into the mouth only, then the inhale to lungs is a separate breath. The latter requires a tight draw or you feel like you need 3 sets of lungs to get any vapor. With the former if the draw is too tight you feel like you're trying to suck blood from a turnip.

I personally prefer the cigarette style draw as I get more flavor, but find tanks don't really vape well that way, to me anyway. Cartos are really better for that style.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I personally prefer the cigarette style draw as I get more flavor, but find tanks don't really vape well that way, to me anyway. Cartos are really better for that style.

I do too. For myself, I haven't found anything comparable to an iclear16 when it comes to mimicking the cigarette style of draw. I notice that tanks and cartos requires a slightly longer draw to get a thick mouthful of vapor before inhale.

With that said, which carto setup do you use?

Ranic85

Moved On
Sep 12, 2013
Earth
I do too. For myself, I haven't found anything comparable to an iclear16 when it comes to mimicking the cigarette style of draw. I notice that tanks and cartos requires a slightly longer draw to get a thick mouthful of vapor before inhale.

hehehe thick mouthful, sounds dirty!

f3lix

Oct 30, 2013
Dallas, TX

I will say this, when you're vaping a .8 coil it's going to be hot and the more air intake the more comfortable it will be on your lungs and the more vapor it will produce.

Last edited:

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
[...] As to draw, the reason there is such a divide between airflow likes and dislikes is due mostly to the two different vaping styles... the direct-to-lungs draw that requires an airy draw to really pull in the vapor directly from the drip tip to the lungs; or the cigarette style vape that draws into the mouth only, then the inhale to lungs is a separate breath. The latter requires a tight draw or you feel like you need 3 sets of lungs to get any vapor. With the former if the draw is too tight you feel like you're trying to suck blood from a turnip.

Yeah, when you do inhale directly to the lungs if the draw is airy enough you can take a very long pull that releases much more vapor on the exhale than the other style of vaping. But there are two things I don't like about it... one is what I already mentioned, reduced flavor. The other is related to that... sometimes the rubber grommets on heads heat up and off-gas a horrid taste (or they actually char and it's even worse) and I don't want to inhale that. When you inhale to mouth first, you can detect anything off in the vapor, even if it's subtle, and choose not to inhale it. Too late when inhaling the other way.

That's the other plus for cartos... no rubber grommet to heat up and off-gas. However, a negative is silica wicking... I prefer cotton... and you can't rebuild a carto.

I don't! Ha! I started off with cigalikes and loved the draw and flavor but hated the hassle. So went to a mod (Vamo) and tanks to try to avoid the ordeal of re-charging small batts AND constantly fiddling with cartos... topping off, soaking, etc. Then some would burn.... many were bad right out of the box.... It became a hassle and also expensive.

I have been tempted to try a tank carto setup and a veteran here recommended a Phiniac tank and Smoktech or Ikenvape cartos, but frankly I don't want to return to the hassle of cartos and silica wicks.

If I DID go back to cartos I'd try a Smilomizer (Vapor 4 Life) https://www.vapor4life.com/ecigarette-smileomizer made for the Zeus, but you could use them on any mod with a 510 to 808 adapter https://www.vapor4life.com/510-to-808d-adapter. The Smilomizer is gigantic and reportedly a really good vape. But they ARE expensive @ $9 each for the LARGE size, and that's without the $7+ shipping! Supposedly can be filled 12+ times before they need replacing, and a good soak might extend that life. If shipping were free I might try it but that's waay too expensive for a disposable item, IYAM.

So I'm still on the hunt for the perfect (to me) setup. Something that hits like a carto, without a stinky grommet, that doesn't need constant dripping. :) In the meantime I'd settle for a tank that uses a head with silicone grommets instead of rubber ones... which Kanger should be releasing soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread