Just started last night...finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Well, I ordered three starter kits from three companies after reading and reading and reading this forum. Still wasn't sure what I was doing. Received them all now and started using them yesterday afternoon at 4 pm.

I've been smoking regular cigarettes for over 40 years and smoke almost 2 packs a day. In the last 28 hours I've had three puffs off a regular cigarette only because I was too lazy to go get my e-cig and DH's regular cigs were handy.

I've purchased extra batteries, extra atomizers, extra carts and e-liquid. I've learned to use this wonderful item now to the point that I don't need to smoke regular cigs. I've learned to use a can of air to clean my atomizer out and wow, does it! I've learned to take the core out when I refill my cart and that way I don't miss the cart and get the liquid going down the side and onto my lips when I take a draw. Plus I can see exactly how much to put in.

I've read and read and read this forum and still feel I've a lot to learn. But wow, after 40 years of smoking, trying the patches, the gum, the lozenges, and even prescriptions, I've finally found something that is satisfying enough that I no longer have to smoke.

I'll simply say what my baby sister said when she heard I was going to do this: "if who ever invented them, if they make a million on them, they deserve every penny".

Thanks to all who take the time to teach the newbies how to do this.

Gofo2

Mar 19, 2009
St. Louis, Missouri
Hi Sharon, I agree with what your little sister said. I am awed when I see how many people have just put cigarettes aside once they started vaping. They do deserve every penny. I wonder who it was? You would think we would all know that, :oops:

I see you bought 3 kits to start with. I had tried several kinds and just last week I received my screwdriver from Trog. It has a manual switch which preheats the atomizer if you push it a couple of seconds before you "take a drag". For some reason my mouth can't draw long enough to get a good hit otherwise, so I was thrilled to get it.

I'm waiting to see if anyone responds to my request for a coupon code for some e-liquid I am buying and read your post. Welcome aboard!:)

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Congrats! Now, the best thing you can do right now is throw the cigarettes away so you're not tempted, and tell yourself that you're going to make this work.

Analog cigs are going to start tasting nasty anyway.

Thank you wv and Jim I wish I could but DH smokes. He's proud of me and is glad I've found an alternative, but he's going to continue to smoke. That's always been my downfall because he and I are smoking buddies. He hated me trying to quit in the past, but he likes this idea. So while he sits and smokes, I'll sit and vape, LOL. When I say that he just rolls his eyes and grins.

Actually, DH has been diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. Our oncologist told him there's no reason for him to quit now and if he wants to continue, do so. DH has asked me not to quit, but I know I need to in order to have the energy I'll need to take care of him, and because if/when he needs to go on oxygen, well it just wont' be a good idea for me to be smoking.

DH is not being sefish, he just wants his smoking buddy and he doesn't want my to have the bad nerves that go along with quitting. When I discovered e-cigs, DH was thrilled because he knows I need to quit for a variety of reasons.

So these things really are a blessing to me!!

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Welcome to e-cig!I've read somewhere that using can air is not a good idea.

Hmmm, not sure why, it was on here somewhere that I learned about using it. Things can get confusing with all the opinions, but I do know that it sure works. I was surprised at the liquid it got out.

I'll check around and see if maybe what I read was old news and they have since found out it isn't a good idea. However, if I remember right, the kit I ordered from Totally Wicked also suggested using canned air to clean the atomizer and to do this last thing each night.

nwofoxhound

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
I do not understand how e-cigs are not the topic of every news station out there and how they are not being praised for what they are doing for people! All the time I hear of unnecessary stories of death and corruption on the TV, I dont understand why something so revolutionary doesnt make headlines!

I know they are still not approved by the FDA, but it is truely something else! It is just uncanny how e-cigs are able to replace so many addictions, and so easily! I mean, no cigs after a couple of days, after smoking 2 packs a day? That is just amazing! Like, nobel prize amazing!

Kind of confusing why cigs are still legal... it really, really boggles the mind -- what is the point of awarding people for things like noble prizes, and spending so much to "move civilization forward", or trying to find cures for cancers, and spending billions on research, when the answer is in front of our faces the whole time!!! Eliminating cigarettes from the marketplace might make a lot of business people unhappy, but if e-cigs can truely convert people like it has been, I really hope for a future where cigs have no place!

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I do not understand how e-cigs are not the topic of every news station out there and how they are not being praised for what they are doing for people! All the time I hear of unnecessary stories of death and corruption on the TV, I dont understand why something so revolutionary doesnt make headlines!

I know they are still not approved by the FDA, but it is truely something else! It is just uncanny how e-cigs are able to replace so many addictions, and so easily! I mean, no cigs after a couple of days, after smoking 2 packs a day? That is just amazing! Like, nobel prize amazing!

Kind of confusing why cigs are still legal... it really, really boggles the mind -- what is the point of awarding people for things like noble prizes, and spending so much to "move civilization forward", or trying to find cures for cancers, and spending billions on research, when the answer is in front of our faces the whole time!!! Eliminating cigarettes from the marketplace might make a lot of business people unhappy, but if e-cigs can truely convert people like it has been, I really hope for a future where cigs have no place!

I so totally, totally agree. DH and I were sitting this morning, he with his analogs and I with my e-cigs. Both of us perfectly content and enjoying our smoking (vaping) time together. I have not had a cigarette since Thursday at 4 pm and have NO withdrawals, no desire for an analog. After 40 years of smoking, 2 packs a day, finally, finally something that works.

I was asking DH this morning, WHY???? Why when we find something that works for so many of us is the FDA stopping it? Well, I hope I've enough supplies on hand to go at least 4 to 6 months and then perhaps I'll be able to NOT go back to the analogs. How I want to quit. I hate the smell of the analogs and how they make me smell. I hate that mess around my computers, I just hate analogs but I am so, so addicted.

Now, I think I hate the FDA.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Welcome to vaping Sharon

Thanks all. I feel like an old adage that we used to say: I'm a day late and a dollar short, nothing to smoke and nothing to snort.

Just like me to find this miracle just 6 days short of them shutting it down. But I'm rushing to try and get supplies.

gnsmith

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Springfield, Ohio
I was asking DH this morning, WHY???? Why when we find something that works for so many of us is the FDA stopping it? Well, I hope I've enough supplies on hand to go at least 4 to 6 months and then perhaps I'll be able to NOT go back to the analogs. How I want to quit. I hate the smell of the analogs and how they make me smell. I hate that mess around my computers, I just hate analogs but I am so, so addicted.

Now, I think I hate the FDA.

I wouldn't worry too much about a long term ban on e-cigarettes. this product is here to stay. We just need to make sure we have enough supplies to weather the storm.
You have to remember there is too much potential profit at stake with this product. It's just the matter,
Who will end up with this profit?
Who will regulate this product?
Right now they are eliminating the little man and setting the stage for the big players. (pharmaceutical, tobacco, Ryan direct, Smoke Everywhere ):confused:
Free enterprise at work.:)

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I wouldn't worry too much about a long term ban on e-cigarettes. this product is here to stay. We just need to make sure we have enough supplies to weather the storm.
You have to remember there is too much potential profit at stake with this product. It's just the matter,
Who will end up with this profit?
Who will regulate this product?
Right now they are eliminating the little man and setting the stage for the big players. (pharmaceutical, tobacco, Ryan direct, Smoke Everywhere ):confused:
Free enterprise at work.:)

I agree, and that's another thing DH and I were talking about. It's all about money and control. Our gov't "says" they want the little guy to make it, after all that's the American way, but geez, you can't tell that by their actions. Looks like when the e-cigs come back, it'll all be controlled and owned by the big guys.

Well, I just went and spent the last of my extra monies. I will now have to weather the storm, 28 atomizers, 17 batteries, 230ml of e-liquid and 25 pre-filled carts, oh and 150 empty carts. Hope that gets me through the storm, it's the most I can afford right now without going into savings, LOL.

Geez, and to think I discovered these things just one week ago yesterday and started ordering, it's been a whirl wind.

Shan123

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Tampa, FL USA
Sharon -- best of luck to you and DH, and an interesting discussion started here. The FDA is a huge and unwieldy bureaucracy; I've had to deal indirectly with some of their crazy edicts a number of times. They seem to have lost sight of what their goals should be.

But I'm gonna sidetrack it for a moment. :)

"I've learned to use a can of air to clean my atomizer out and wow, does it!"

Say what, now? Do you just blast the atomizer end with the air, or is there a technique I should use? I've read about cleaning it with Coke or... lemon juice, I think? ... but the idea of putting a lot of liquid on the atomizer sounds a little freaky to me. I like your idea better.

"I've learned to take the core out when I refill my cart and that way I don't miss the cart and get the liquid going down the side and onto my lips when I take a draw. Plus I can see exactly how much to put in."

That makes sense. Especially as... something I was gonna ask about... I'm topping off prefilled carts (haven't gotten my blanks yet) and almost every single time I remove the cart from the atomizer, the fluff is sticking to the atomizer and I have to pull it out with tweezers and restuff it back into the cart. Wondering if that's a common occurrence, or if the fluff contacting the atomizer to the point where they stick together could damage the atomizer.

I've been using my 901 for about 24 hours now (it just arrived yesterday). In that time, this pack-a-day smoker has smoked 2 analogs. Not too shabby. I'm aware of the absence of the weight of smoke in my lungs... but all things considered, that is so not worthy of whining about!

alex1407

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Brooklyn , New York

Well cigarettes been tested for many years and by now we know many health problems that goes with smoking.On the other hand e-cigs ben around for what 2-3 years?Who knows maybe after 10 years of using e-cigs we will have more health problems than from regular cigarettes.It's pretty much a gamble with e-cigs wright now...atleast for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread