Just starting on vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenni

Apr 11, 2022
Hey there!
I´m Lenni and I been smoking since I was 14-yo. Now I´m 33 and I think it´s time to quit smoking once and for all. I´ve been trying, of course, saying the addiction can´t be stronger than me. But man, it is! I´m no wonderwoman, and I´m struggling before my health catches up with me :oops:

Anyways, I´ll be asking a lot about best products and tips, so bare with me guys!!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hi @Lenni and welcome to ECF :)

Congrats with getting on to vaping. Yes, it is challenging at first... but you can do this!

Sorry can't help you with retail juices as I haven't had any retail juice since 2012. I never cared for retail juices. They were too sweet and way over flavored for my tastes. I've been making my own juices for many years. DIY.

Hopefully someone will come along who is familiar with the Dinner Lady juices to answer your specific question.

Generally speaking... a tobacco and mint flavored juice will have a decent throat hit.

You might consider filling in your location as that will assist others in helping you. ;)

Timbo87

Dec 29, 2020
Hey there!
I´m Lenni and I been smoking since I was 14-yo. Now I´m 33 and I think it´s time to quit smoking once and for all. I´ve been trying, of course, saying the addiction can´t be stronger than me. But man, it is! I´m no wonderwoman, and I´m struggling before my health catches up with me :oops:

Anyways, I´ll be asking a lot about best products and tips, so bare with me guys!!
I would personally suggest vaporesso xros mini plus spare pack or 2 of pods. Its simple you just fill up with the desired 50/50 vg/pg juice you want of your own desired nicotine , wait 5-10min then draw, its small, its got big battery for something its size, 1000mah.
Theres nothing to adjust no airflow setting, no voltage or wattage settings...
There are 2 pod types available 1.2ohm & 0.8 ohm..
1 x 1.2 comes with kit as new vaper i would suggest sticking with them but if you like slight looser draw after while try 0.8 ohm
In uk its very cheap.

As far as juice mg goes that depends on how much you smoke

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hey there!

I would personally suggest vaporesso xros mini plus spare pack or 2 of pods. Its simple you just fill up with the desired 50/50 vg/pg juice you want of your own desired nicotine , wait 5-10min then draw, its small, its got big battery for something its size, 1000mah.
Theres nothing to adjust no airflow setting, no voltage or wattage settings...
There are 2 pod types available 1.2ohm & 0.8 ohm..
1 x 1.2 comes with kit as new vaper i would suggest sticking with them but if you like slight looser draw after while try 0.8 ohm
In uk its very cheap.

As far as juice mg goes that depends on how much you smoke

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

I agree with Timbo87.

First step is to choose a pod system that isn't complicated,the less hassles when you start will help you get started.
Amount of Nicotine is also crucial to stop smoking,you need to find the right % of nicotine so you don't crave cigarettes.
If you start craving and vaping doesn't seem to get rid of you craving a cigarette you may have to use a higher % of nicotine.
Amount of Nicotine depends from user to user and how many cigarettes you smoked,so in this case it might be a bit of trial and error.

Flavor wise well that is a complicated thing,not two vapers share the same taste for flavors,i suggest just trying out one that you like,don't even have to love it,just as long as you can use it daily.

Starting with a simple pod system where you just put in a coil and start vaping will make the transition to vaping that much easier.

I started with a simple pod system when i started vaping and it took me about 3 months to look for an upgrade,something with a bit more ''kick''.
Do not worry about that now,later on when you dropped cigarettes for good you can try out several configurations but for now just focus on the basics.

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I see you have some good answers so I will congratulate you on the vaping and crigon_04.gif you to ECF. Continued success to you. Make yourself at home.

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
I just recently quit, so I'll share my experience with you. I never forced it especially on really stressful days. One of the things I noticed in particular, I got 3mg juice, mainly cause I like to just sit and constantly puff on it, and I won't overdo it. The first two weeks, I still had cigarette cravings and I smoked, and used the vape to alternate. Eventually I smoked less and less. It was about 24 cigarettes down to 3, and then... I really stopped craving them almost entirely. The ecig totally cut down on my nicotine intake to the point where I didn't want them. I've also heard that vaping isn't as fast of a delivery system, and that it takes like 15 min for the nicotine to really hit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

As far as gear, I used a disposable at first that sparked my interest in totally switching to vape. Then I went straight out and bought the Valyrian 3 kit. They're pretty expensive, yes... But I wanted to get something I knew I would like, and would hold up on me. I had issues with dual mesh coils burning cause I chain vape, the single ones perform much better for my style. My mom was a smoker for many years, she has been using her vapes for like 10 years now. She prefers the mouth to lung box mod with a tank. I wouldn't recommend pod systems cause I think they can be wasteful, but it's all up to you and what you prefer, especially if you don't wanna mess with coils and tanks. They can be finicky at times. I do think the more expensive vapes are more well built. More settings, fine tuning and all that. It's nice.

Whichever you choose, whether you like sub ohm, or mouth to lung, pod systems or what not, I wish you the best!

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Welcome to ECF, Lenni. You'll find a lot of help and support here.

It is a very individual journey to find the equipment and flavors you can rely on for a satisfying vaping experience, and getting that satisfying vape is the key to quitting cigarettes. I think the best advice I can give you is not to put pressure on yourself. Many who have quit cigarettes entirely, began with dual use, continuing to smoke while exploring vaping. One day when you have found your best vaping experience, and have become used to it, your own intention will take over. You'll choose vaping over smoking, more and more until you can pick a day to quit cigarettes. My quit day included a last cigarette with morning coffee, the rest of the day a fierce battle with myself, and by the end of that day I knew I was a forever nonsmoker.

I wish you the very best, and a joyful journey of discovery.

vapingfool

Apr 19, 2022
I don't like pod systems. For one thing, most do not have removable batteries, which I consider essential. I have been using an iStick Pico mod for years. I was using an iStick TC40W until I decided I wanted removable batteries.

Long ago, I decided I wanted to use a tank system and one of the first I purchased was a Kanger Protank, which is no longer available. I have been using a Protank II since then but it may not be available any longer either. The Protank is very simple - no adjustments and just change the prebuilt coil whenever it gets too gunked up.

There are more modern and versatile tanks available, but I like to keep it simple. I mouth-to-lung vape at around 9 - 11 watts, depending on how fresh the coil is.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Long ago, I decided I wanted to use a tank system and one of the first I purchased was a Kanger Protank, which is no longer available. I have been using a Protank II since then but it may not be available any longer either.

The Protank and the Protank II have been discontinued, as far as manufacturing them, but some can still be found on a few US vendor websites. They're usually in Clearance, but the price isn't always as low as one might expect them to be now. However, for those who still love them, they're well worth it.

You could also put a Wanted ad for some of them, on the Classifieds here on ECF. There are many members who've got pretty large "stashes" of still new-in-the- box things, including some of the old-school stuff, as well as the newer gear. You might get lucky doing that and would likely get them for a lower price than from the vendors who still have them.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: vapingfool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread