Just starting out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
Hello, everyone. I'm new to this vaping business and am reading up on everything I can find on the subject. I've been a smoker for over 28 years and I'm using the ecigs to quit.

The model I'm using is a 510-T and I'm really enjoying it. I've tried a strawberry mango juice but am preferring a cool mint.

I'll probably be reading much more than I comment, for at least a few days, anyway. :laugh:

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
Welcome to ECF, and if you like the 510-t, you should get some Boge standard resistance cartomizers, with a blunt-tip syringe. I don't know how long you've had the 510-t, but it was what I started on. It was amazing for me for the first couple of days, but then I started running into issues with the vapor production. I suggest you order a pack of cartos right away (6 bucks a pack), just in case:) so if what happens to me, happens to you...You won't have to be vapeless for a week, while you wait for your delivery. Just a safety precaution, and welcome to ECF:)

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
Welcome to ECF, and if you like the 510-t, you should get some Boge standard resistance cartomizers, with a blunt-tip syringe. I don't know how long you've had the 510-t, but it was what I started on. It was amazing for me for the first couple of days, but then I started running into issues with the vapor production. I suggest you order a pack of cartos right away (6 bucks a pack), just in case:) so if what happens to me, happens to you...You won't have to be vapeless for a week, while you wait for your delivery. Just a safety precaution, and welcome to ECF:)

Was it an issue of them getting clogged? I've only been using two of the five that came with. Fortunately, the company I use is local(ish) and can get me my supplies the next day.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
Welcome and congrats on quitting the stinkies! :) I just quit a 45-yr habit 3-1/2 weeks ago and am absolutely thrilled. I tried just about everything (patches, lozenges, hypnosis, acupuncture, etc.) before but without success. To my amazement, it's been practically effortless with the e-cigs - whenever I get that urge or craving for an analog I just pick up my eGo and vape until it goes away. Anyway, you've found a wonderful community of great people here who will do everything they can to help you succeed. Good luck and congrats again!

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
Welcome and congrats on quitting the stinkies! :) I just quit a 45-yr habit 3-1/2 weeks ago and am absolutely thrilled. I tried just about everything (patches, lozenges, hypnosis, acupuncture, etc.) before but without success. To my amazement, it's been practically effortless with the e-cigs - whenever I get that urge or craving for an analog I just pick up my eGo and vape until it goes away. Anyway, you've found a wonderful community of great people here who will do everything they can to help you succeed. Good luck and congrats again!

Thanks! I'm only 12 hours in but it's going better than I expected. The hardest part for me is that my smoking was so ritualized in that I didn't smoke openly in my home. I feel silly but I have found that when I start feeling twitchy I go outside to vape. Here I am freezing my .... off outside doing something I could easily be doing in the comfort of my own living room. :laugh:

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
Yeah, that's pretty funny but, hey, whatever it takes, especially in the beginning! :) The most important part right now is staying off the analogs so if going outside and freezing your .... off works, that's not silly, that's just being really smart. :) Anyway, big congrats on the 12 hrs, I know how almost impossibly hard that can be but It sounds to me like you've got a good handle on things. Take care - and dress warmly. :)

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
2 things:

1: Welcome to Vaper's Anonymous. My name is Shoga, and I'm a vapeaholic. It started when I took my first vape. Ever since then I have been looking back at my life like it was through a kaleidoscope.... :)

2: If you want to try some cheap e-juice I can recommend Dark City Vapors. They are the cheapest I have seen so far for American made juice. You might find some dekangs real cheap. I know that dealxtreme has an excessively cheap mint flavored ejuice that's good for mixing with other flavors to give them a cooling sensation or extra kick.

Welcome to ECF.

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
2 things:

1: Welcome to Vaper's Anonymous. My name is Shoga, and I'm a vapeaholic. It started when I took my first vape. Ever since then I have been looking back at my life like it was through a kaleidoscope.... :)

2: If you want to try some cheap e-juice I can recommend Dark City Vapors. They are the cheapest I have seen so far for American made juice. You might find some dekangs real cheap. I know that dealxtreme has an excessively cheap mint flavored ejuice that's good for mixing with other flavors to give them a cooling sensation or extra kick.

Welcome to ECF.

Hi, Shoga! *waving wildly*

Thanks. Thus far I have used Vermont Vapor. They're a tad pricey (and lacking some supplies it looks like I may need to go elsewhere for) but they get me my stuff the next day.

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
welcome.. that next day thingy is a nice thing.. i stalk the mailman.. (oh yeah, it was almost 84 her in florida the other day..today its a frigid 65 at 8:20 am.. id freeze if i went outside to vape)

blessings
Frankie

A "frigid 65". :laugh: It's currently 21 degrees here. I know what you mean, though. 65 will feel chilly here come July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread