Not open for further replies.

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
Hello to All,

I am new to vaping and am very glad to have found this site.

I have smoked 40 years, at one point 4 pad,have tried the Gum, Patch, and Chantix, but could not get any lower than 1 pad.

Bought some of the Blu cigalikes because at work there is no tobacco use allowed and can not leave property during work hours.
ths only took the edge off of cravings enough to "get me through".

Bought a CE4 with 1000mah starter kit and 18ml nic juice in tobacco and coffee flavors.

First day of using dropped to 1/2 pad and battery lasted for 3 days on a charge.

Then battery started acting wierd, :mad:flashing every time I tried to use it, by reading posts here I found that either the battery and/or the charger were faulty. Took these to B & M shop where purchased and after they found one of their replacement chargers faulty as well as mine, I left with a free replacement charger that works.

While I was there I also picked up a CE4 and 650mah blisterpack that included a usb charger,and I got a USB wall adapter.
This extra set up will be loaded with 24ml nic tobacco for use during strong cravings and during work.

Juice i have been using is Tsunami and Black Mamba brand. Am getting the Halo Torque 56 in 24 ml at another store this afternoon, due to reviews read here this should be My answer to cutting out the analogs/stinkies.

:glare:I just wonder why none of the Doctors that keep telling me to stop smoking never once suggested/mentioned vaping as away to quit?

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Hello and welcome to ECF!!!

A lot of Dr's are still not familiar with vaping... Not to mention they do not have vaping reps showing up in their office pushing the product like they do pharmaceutical reps.

My Dr will not even discuss vaping with me. When I mention it she pretends like she did not hear me and says nothing about it. (she has done this 3 times so I know it is not that she did not hear me)
I think she either has some strong ANTZ opinion about it or does not know enough about it so she does not comment.
I may find a new DR because of this.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
A lot of Dr's are still not familiar with vaping... Not to mention they do not have vaping reps showing up in their office pushing the product like they do pharmaceutical reps.

Nor do vaping companies spend kachillions of dollars on junkets, lobbying, etc. :laugh:

Welcome KCOYNU, glad to hear that vaping worked out for you. I don't have the stones to trying vaping in my workplace, at least not while other people are around. I do sneak vapes in the hallway, though, going to and from the elevator.

Regards
Glenn

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
There are plenty of YouTube videos with doctors recommending vaping. However, that will certainly not be the norm. Most doctors consider nicotine harmful, and better for us to just quit. This has been the long standing position in medicine, and the do less harm mantra with vaping has not been adopted in medicine. It's still quit or die.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
(snip).... the do less harm mantra with vaping has not been adopted in medicine. It's still quit or die.

A little ironic when you consider how much 'harm reduction' has become the norm in other areas of medicine, especially when it comes to addictive substances.

Regards
Glenn

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just wonder why none of the Doctors that keep telling me to stop smoking never once suggested/mentioned Vaping as away to quit?
Although often compared to the generally accepted stimulent caffeine, nicotine is also considered a vasoconstrictive drug, which can have harmful effects on people that have vascular disease.

It also stops bone growth in its tracks; if you have bone or fusion surgery, or a fractured bone, you need to discontinue all nicotine use.

Last edited:

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Congrats!
These batteries got me off a 50 year habit. When I tell my doctors, they say great. However, one told me he can't recommend them due to liability and his insurance. At least he was honest. He did say that when patients bring them up, he tells them my story.

Thank you for this! At least your Dr was honest and that does explain a lot!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread