Just venting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a small company, since they opened up a vapor store right down the street 4 people including me have switched to vapor. Today the owners wife ( our HR department ) came back into the lab and asked us not to use in the building anymore because the sight of it bothers one person (total pia lady) she only works there 1 or 2 days a week on contract basis. This lady is a total snob and she is constantly complaining about other people cussing and being too loud for her. They moved her to the back and gave her a cubical already to try and make her happy. Now because she walked through once and saw someone sitting at their desk vaping we have to go outside. Just kills me we have to stop cause she doesn't want to see it.

I went to talk to the HR lady afterwards, she said we can go over in the warehouse part of the building when it's not nice outside, just to stay away from the problem. I said that's fine but if we can just vape at out desks we are always working and not walking outside or back to the warehouse.

tmccooljr

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2013
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
That would drive me crazy. The cool thing about vaping is, it doesn't smell. So no worries, just sneak a vape and try your hardest not to blow clouds up in the air. Just blow the vapor down under your desk. Problem solved, out of sight out of mind. Maybe try to tell the PIA lady that she should try vaping and just join her to the team. Sounds like it wont happen but it is worth a shot.

Saltraker

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
When at work, your loyalty should be to your employer. He/she is the one paying your wages and you should respect that. Yes, the rules are sometimes dumb and/or don't make a lot of sense, but the employer makes the rules. You can always try to reason and educate, but in the end, the employer has the final say. As far as the referenced lady is concerned, there will always be someone around that feels it's up to them to pray for rain right before the parade. We see it all the time. Sad, but true.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
One thing I have to say about this may not be the most popular around here, but it's the truth. We hear and read a lot of people saying that vaping is harmless, and should be allowed in places where cigs aren't. Is that the truth? Do we know the long term effects of vaping? Nope. Let's say in the next decade that proof surfaces showing vaping causes, I dunno..... brain tumors, birth defects, hairy palms, or whatever. Would you still feel entitled to vaping at your desk, around other people?

I'm just trying to be objective here and see it from the eyes of someone who doesn't vape. I've been vaping for some time now, and although I feel great, that isn't a direct indication of my health. Now if proof surfaces that definitively shows vaping is harmless, it will be a completely different story. Truth is, we can't say that for sure, and until we can, I generally have no problem stepping outside for a vape.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
One thing I have to say about this may not be the most popular around here, but it's the truth. We hear and read a lot of people saying that vaping is harmless, and should be allowed in places where cigs aren't. Is that the truth? Do we know the long term effects of vaping? Nope. Let's say in the next decade that proof surfaces showing vaping causes, I dunno..... brain tumors, birth defects, hairy palms, or whatever. Would you still feel entitled to vaping at your desk, around other people?

I'm just trying to be objective here and see it from the eyes of someone who doesn't vape. I've been vaping for some time now, and although I feel great, that isn't a direct indication of my health. Now if proof surfaces that definitively shows vaping is harmless, it will be a completely different story. Truth is, we can't say that for sure, and until we can, I generally have no problem stepping outside for a vape.

Asbestos was once the wonder, futuristic material.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Ever see those 1-800-BAD-DRUG commercials? One of my friends jokingly said that in 5 years I'm going to be calling 1-800-BAD-ECIG. We had a good laugh about it, but I kinda felt a bit careless for doing something where the results are not completely known. I thought to myself, "uuugh, I hope not," but truth is.... well.... That's why I find it hard to defend the harmlessness of vaping when someone asks me to go outside to make my clouds.

One thing I keep hearing people say is that when you vape you exhale harmless water vapor. Is that entirely correct? Surely not all of the nicotine you are vaping is being ingested and therefore wouldn't there be nicotine in the vapor you exhale? Does it dissipate? If it does, how much? Even if it is a small amount, what happens if I am vaping at my computer (like I am now) everyday. Will nicotine accumulate on my desk over time? And guess what, even if it is trace amounts... states like CA will take that info and RUN

I for one would like them to test vaping like it was a child car seat.

bd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread