Just wanted to share: rebuilt my first EVOD head

Status
Not open for further replies.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
First attempt was 2.3 ohms. Then I inadvertently ripped the coil out with the bottom assembly when I tried to take the top cap back off. Second attempt was 1.9 ohms. Threw it on my Spinner, and produced great vapor at 3.7 volts. Needless to say, I'm incredibly proud of myself for this small feat. Thanks ECF for such a great, and invaluable education! Next step, liquid DIY. Then, a homemade flashlight mod... Eventually... :)

itsrayray

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
athens, tn
Congrats! Now try a microcoil. Easy, and much better vapor and flavor!

Made my first evod/protank microcoil yesterday. It is great.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375233972644.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375233972644.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 32

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Congrats! Now try a microcoil. Easy, and much better vapor and flavor!

Made my first evod/protank microcoil yesterday. It is great.

I was going to try making a microcoil, but I couldn't get it tight enough. Care to share any tips on how you did it? My kanthal says it's already annealed, so I would've thought it'd keep its shape better, but I just couldn't make it work. :(

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
You can take it off whatever you're wrapping it with, torch it, then squeeze it with pliers to make it tighter.

Thanks, Surgical. I forgot that step. I watched a few YouTube vids this morning, but didn't revisit them before I attempted my coil. Would a lighter work for torching it? I don't have a full fledged butane torch...

itsrayray

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
athens, tn
I hand wrapped with 32g kanthal and 2mm silica(all I have on hand). I pinched the wick with my finger and slowly wrapped the wire paying attention to keep it close. When wrapping around I pulled slightly toward the coils already there. I usually get 11ish wraps, sits at 3ish ohm, but 3.2v to 4.5v I get ridiculous vapor. It's amazing the difference between standard and micro coils.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Thanks, Surgical. I forgot that step. I watched a few YouTube vids this morning, but didn't revisit them before I attempted my coil. Would a lighter work for torching it? I don't have a full fledged butane torch...

Awesome avatar vato!

Ohhh yeah!

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Microcoils are best with cotton.

Get a 1/16th drill bit for a guide.

I used a mini screwdriver as my guide, which seemed to work nicely. I'm sure I have a bit in the garage, but I was too lazy to go look for it in the dark. I may buy a "helping hand" to aid in my coil building.

Also, I used #6 Peaches & Cream yarn for my wick. I replace all my EVOD/Protank flavor wicks with cotton. I was blown away with how much better it works.

OHHH YEAH! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread