JUUL Question about charging and battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
i just bought a jilicharger which is a third party portable juul charger.The output of the jilicharger is 4.2-4.7V.I don’t know what is the original output of a original juul usb charger...I would like to know if using the jilicharger will harm my battery in the long run?Or is the jilicharger actually safe?

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Charger output is generally rated in amps or amperage, not volts. A wall charger of 0.5 - 1.0 amps should be about right for a pod mod. As to whether a 3rd party wall charger will be safe is anyone's guess.
A Juul doesn't pug directly into USB. It's a lot like some of the old eGo batteries that way, in that there's a device between the USB wall wart and the Juul battery. I've never looked at what that device does (whether it's just a pass-through for USB power or if it does CC/CV charging), and I don't have one handy at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: Baditude

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
FWIW, the Jilicharge is a portable Juul charger with its own, larger battery inside:

Jili-Header-01b.png

• Informative
Reactions: Baditude

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Generally, a device will only pull the amperage required. So if the Jili output is higher than the Juul charger, it should not damage the Juul as the Juul will only draw what it needs to charge.

The only way you might have a problem with any charger is if the device tries to pull more amperage than the charger can supply - which is bad for the charger, but not the device you are charging.

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread